Upgrading the technological capabilities of foreign transnational subsidiaries in developing countries: The case of electronics in Thailand
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Goldman, M. & Ergas, H. & Ralph, E. & Felker, G., 1997. "Technology Institutions and Policies. Their Role in Developing Technological Capability in Industry," Papers 383, World Bank - Technical Papers.
- Mike Hobday, 2003. "Innovation in Asian Industrialization: A Gerschenkronian Perspective," Oxford Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 31(3), pages 293-314.
- Pack, Howard & Saggi, Kamal, 2006. "The case for industrial policy : a critical survey," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3839, The World Bank.
- Rasiah, Rajah, 1994. "Flexible Production Systems and Local Machine-Tool Subcontracting: Electronics Components Transnationals in Malaysia," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 18(3), pages 279-298, June.
- Bryan K. Ritchie, 2002. "Foreign Direct Investment and Intellectual Capital Formation in Southeast Asia," OECD Development Centre Working Papers 194, OECD Publishing.
- Hone, Angus, 1974. "Multinational corporations and multinational buying groups: Their impact on the growth of asia's exports of manufactures-myths and realities," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 2(2), pages 145-149, February.
- Ernst, Dieter & Kim, Linsu, 2002. "Global production networks, knowledge diffusion, and local capability formation," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 31(8-9), pages 1417-1429, December.
- Egan, Mary Lou & Mody, Ashoka, 1992. "Buyer-seller links in export development," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 20(3), pages 321-334, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Lema, Rasmus & Quadros, Ruy & Schmitz, Hubert, 2015. "Reorganising global value chains and building innovation capabilities in Brazil and India," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 44(7), pages 1376-1386.
- Collinson, Simon C. & Wang, Rowena, 2012. "The evolution of innovation capability in multinational enterprise subsidiaries: Dual network embeddedness and the divergence of subsidiary specialisation in Taiwan," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 41(9), pages 1501-1518.
- García, Francisco & Jin, Byungchae & Salomon, Robert, 2013. "Does inward foreign direct investment improve the innovative performance of local firms?," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 42(1), pages 231-244.
- repec:wsi:ijimxx:v:21:y:2017:i:02:n:s136391961750013x is not listed on IDEAS
- Gang Zheng & Yanting Guo & Yajuan Wang, 2016. "Non-R&D Innovation Patterns in Chinese SMEs: An Empirical Study from Zhejiang Province," International Journal of Innovation and Technology Management (IJITM), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 13(06), pages 1-20, December.
- Ciravegna, Luciano, 2011. "Technological learning in the Silicon Valleys of Latin America," MPRA Paper 36832, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Martín Obaya, 2015. "Technological learning in MNC subsidiaries operating in regional integration processes: a case study on an automotive company in MERCOSUR," Globelics Working Paper Series 2015-02, Globelics - Global Network for Economics of Learning, Innovation, and Competence Building Systems, Aalborg University, Department of Business and Management.
- Fagerberg, Jan & Srholec, Martin & Verspagen, Bart, 2010.
"Innovation and Economic Development,"
Handbook of the Economics of Innovation,
- Jan Fagerberg & Martin Srholec & Bart Verspagen, 2009. "Innovation and Economic Development," Working Papers on Innovation Studies 20090723, Centre for Technology, Innovation and Culture, University of Oslo, revised Oct 2009.
- Fagerberg, Jan & Srholec, Martin & Verspagen, Bart, 2009. "Innovation and Economic Development," MERIT Working Papers 032, United Nations University - Maastricht Economic and Social Research Institute on Innovation and Technology (MERIT).
- repec:eee:worbus:v:53:y:2018:i:2:p:248-262 is not listed on IDEAS
- Eric Rugraff, 2014. "Foreign direct R&D investment in Central Europe: where do we stand?," Working Papers of BETA 2014-22, Bureau d'Economie Théorique et Appliquée, UDS, Strasbourg.
- Lema, Rasmus & Quadros, Ruy & Schmitz, Hubert, 2012. "Shifts in Innovation Power to Brazil and India: Insights from the Auto and Software Industries," MPRA Paper 49591, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Vergara, Sebastián, 2013. "The performance of transnational corporations: Evidence for the manufacturing industry in Chile," Revista CEPAL, Naciones Unidas Comisión Económica para América Latina y el Caribe (CEPAL), December.
- Peerally, Jahan Ara & Cantwell, John A, 2012. "Changes in Trade Policies and the Heterogeneity of Domestic and Multinational Firms’ Strategic Response: The Effects on Firm-Level Capabilities," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 40(3), pages 469-485.
- repec:eee:tefoso:v:122:y:2017:i:c:p:243-252 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:respol:v:36:y:2007:i:9:p:1335-1356. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/respol .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.