The impact of stronger intellectual property rights on science and technology in developing countries
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Deardorff, Alan V, 1992. "Welfare Effects of Global Patent Protection," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 59(233), pages 35-51, February.
- Gene M. Grossman & Edwin L.-C. Lai, 2004.
"International Protection of Intellectual Property,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 94(5), pages 1635-1653, December.
- Grossman, G.M. & Lai, E., 2001. "International Protection of intellectual Property," Papers 215, Princeton, Woodrow Wilson School - Public and International Affairs.
- Gene M Grossman & Edwin L Lai, 2004. "International Protection of Intellectual Property," Levine's Working Paper Archive 122247000000000442, David K. Levine.
- Gene M. Grossman & Edwin L.-C. Lai, 2002. "International Protection of Intellectual Property," CESifo Working Paper Series 790, CESifo Group Munich.
- Grossman, Gene & Lai, Edwin, 2002. "International Protection of Intellectual Property," CEPR Discussion Papers 3118, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Gene Grossman & Edwin L.-C. Lai, 2002. "International Protection of Intellectual Property," NBER Working Papers 8704, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- van de Klundert, Theo & Smulders, Sjak, 1996.
"North-South knowledge spillovers and competition: convergence versus divergence,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 50(2), pages 213-232, August.
- van de Klundert, T.C.M.J. & Smulders, J.A., 1994. "North-South knowledge spillovers and competition : Convergence versus divergence," Discussion Paper 1994-70, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- J. Aboites & M. Cimoli, 2002. "Intellectual property rights and national innovation systems - Some lessons from the Mexican experience," Revue d'Économie Industrielle, Programme National Persée, vol. 99(1), pages 215-232.
- Helpman, Elhanan, 1993.
"Innovation, Imitation, and Intellectual Property Rights,"
Econometric Society, vol. 61(6), pages 1247-1280, November.
- Helpman, E., 1992. "Innovation, Imitation and intellectual Property Rights," Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers 1597, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
- Elhanan Helpman, 1992. "Innovation, Imitation, and Intellectual Property Rights," NBER Working Papers 4081, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Krugman, Paul, 1979. "A Model of Innovation, Technology Transfer, and the World Distribution of Income," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 87(2), pages 253-266, April.
- Jaffe, Adam B., 2000.
"The U.S. patent system in transition: policy innovation and the innovation process,"
Elsevier, vol. 29(4-5), pages 531-557, April.
- Adam B. Jaffe, 1999. "The U.S. Patent System in Transition: Policy Innovation and the Innovation Process," NBER Working Papers 7280, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- McCalman, Phillip, 2001.
"Reaping what you sow: an empirical analysis of international patent harmonization,"
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 55(1), pages 161-186, October.
- McCalman, P., 1999. "Reaping What You Sow: An Empirical Analysis of International Patent Harmonization," Papers 374, Australian National University - Department of Economics.
- McCalman, P., 1999. "Reaping What You Sow: An Empirical Analysis of International Patent Harmonization," ANU Working Papers in Economics and Econometrics 1999-374, Australian National University, College of Business and Economics, School of Economics.
- Eduardo da Motta e Albuquerque & Américo Tristão Bernardes, 2001. "Cross-over, thresholds, and interactions between science and technology: a tentative simplified model and initial notes about statistics from 120 countries," Textos para Discussão Cedeplar-UFMG td157, Cedeplar, Universidade Federal de Minas Gerais.
- Partha, Dasgupta & David, Paul A., 1994. "Toward a new economics of science," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 23(5), pages 487-521, September.
- Josh Lerner, 2000.
"Where Does State Street Lead? A First Look at Finance Patents, 1971-2000,"
NBER Working Papers
7918, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Josh Lerner, 2004. "Where Does State Street Lead? First Look at Finance Patents, 1971-2000," Levine's Working Paper Archive 122247000000000497, David K. Levine.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Yang, Quanfa & Cheng, Liyun, 2008. "Import tariff, intellectual property right protection and foreign merger," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 25(6), pages 1225-1231, November.
- Tyabji, Nasir, 2012. "From the linear model to incremental innovation: Science and Industry in India," MPRA Paper 51292, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Barros, Henrique M., 2011. "The Effects of Innovation Partnership, Foreign Ownership and Enhanced Management Practices on the Use of Patents in Brazilian Manufacturing," Insper Working Papers wpe_255, Insper Working Paper, Insper Instituto de Ensino e Pesquisa.
- repec:spr:manint:v:57:y:2017:i:6:d:10.1007_s11575-017-0326-y is not listed on IDEAS
- Georgios Batsakis, 2016. "Host Location Knowledge Sourcing And Subsidiary Innovative Performance — Examining The Moderating Role Of Alternative Sources Of Knowledge And Ipr Distance," International Journal of Innovation Management (ijim), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 20(06), pages 1-28, August.
- Michel Trommetter, 2010.
"Flexibility in the implementation of intellectual property rights in agricultural biotechnology,"
European Journal of Law and Economics,
Springer, vol. 30(3), pages 223-245, December.
- Trommetter, M., 2007. "Flexibility in the implementation of intellectual property rights in agricultural biotechnology," Working Papers 200708, Grenoble Applied Economics Laboratory (GAEL).
- J. Gary Polhill & Bruce Edmonds, 2007. "Open Access for Social Simulation," Journal of Artificial Societies and Social Simulation, Journal of Artificial Societies and Social Simulation, vol. 10(3), pages 1-10.
- Ghauri, Pervez N. & Rao, P.M., 2009. "Intellectual property, pharmaceutical MNEs and the developing world," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 44(2), pages 206-215, April.
- repec:spr:scient:v:111:y:2017:i:2:d:10.1007_s11192-017-2325-y is not listed on IDEAS
- Athreye, Suma & Batsakis, Georgios & Singh, Satwinder, 2016. "Local, global, and internal knowledge sourcing: The trilemma of foreign-based R&D subsidiaries," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 69(12), pages 5694-5702.
- Trommetter, M., 2008. "Intellectual property rights in agricultural and agro-food biotechnologies to 2030 (© OECD International Futures Programme)," Working Papers 200805, Grenoble Applied Economics Laboratory (GAEL).
- Khoury, Theodore A. & Peng, Mike W., 2011. "Does institutional reform of intellectual property rights lead to more inbound FDI? Evidence from Latin America and the Caribbean," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 46(3), pages 337-345, July.
- Yang, Chih-Hai & Huang, Yi-Ju & Lin, Hsuan-Yu, 2014. "Do Stronger Intellectual Property Rights Induce More Innovations? A Cross-Country Analysis," Hitotsubashi Journal of Economics, Hitotsubashi University, vol. 55(2), pages 167-188, December.
- Ryan, Michael P., 2010. "Patent Incentives, Technology Markets, and Public-Private Bio-Medical Innovation Networks in Brazil," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 38(8), pages 1082-1093, August.
- Saurav Pathak & Emanuel Xavier-Oliveira & André O. Laplume, 2016. "Technology use and availability in entrepreneurship: informal economy as moderator of institutions in emerging economies," The Journal of Technology Transfer, Springer, vol. 41(3), pages 506-529, June.
- Damien Dussaux, Antoine Dechezlepretre, Matthieu Glachant, 2018. "Intellectual property rights protection and the international transfer of low-carbon technologies," GRI Working Papers 323, Grantham Research Institute on Climate Change and the Environment.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:respol:v:35:y:2006:i:6:p:808-824. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/respol .