Environmental life cycle analysis of a water pumping and desalination process powered by intermittent renewable energy sources
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Bhandari, Khagendra P. & Collier, Jennifer M. & Ellingson, Randy J. & Apul, Defne S., 2015. "Energy payback time (EPBT) and energy return on energy invested (EROI) of solar photovoltaic systems: A systematic review and meta-analysis," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 47(C), pages 133-141.
- Blanco-Marigorta, Ana M. & Masi, Marco & Manfrida, Giampaolo, 2014. "Exergo-environmental analysis of a reverse osmosis desalination plant in Gran Canaria," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 76(C), pages 223-232.
- Kabeel, A.E. & Elmaaty, Talal Abou & El-Said, Emad M.S., 2013. "Economic analysis of a small-scale hybrid air HDH–SSF (humidification and dehumidification–water flashing evaporation) desalination plant," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 53(C), pages 306-311.
- Lamnatou, Chr. & Chemisana, D. & Mateus, R. & Almeida, M.G. & Silva, S.M., 2015. "Review and perspectives on Life Cycle Analysis of solar technologies with emphasis on building-integrated solar thermal systems," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 75(C), pages 833-846.
- Lenzen, Manfred & Munksgaard, Jesper, 2002. "Energy and CO2 life-cycle analyses of wind turbines—review and applications," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 26(3), pages 339-362.
- Kabir, Md Ruhul & Rooke, Braden & Dassanayake, G.D. Malinga & Fleck, Brian A., 2012. "Comparative life cycle energy, emission, and economic analysis of 100 kW nameplate wind power generation," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 37(1), pages 133-141.
- Feng, Kuishuang & Hubacek, Klaus & Siu, Yim Ling & Li, Xin, 2014. "The energy and water nexus in Chinese electricity production: A hybrid life cycle analysis," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 39(C), pages 342-355.
- Cherif, Habib & Belhadj, Jamel, 2011. "Large-scale time evaluation for energy estimation of stand-alone hybrid photovoltaic–wind system feeding a reverse osmosis desalination unit," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 36(10), pages 6058-6067.
- Pacca, Sergio & Sivaraman, Deepak & Keoleian, Gregory A., 2007. "Parameters affecting the life cycle performance of PV technologies and systems," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(6), pages 3316-3326, June.
- Guezuraga, Begoña & Zauner, Rudolf & Pölz, Werner, 2012. "Life cycle assessment of two different 2 MW class wind turbines," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 37(1), pages 37-44.
- Alsema, E. A. & Nieuwlaar, E., 2000. "Energy viability of photovoltaic systems," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 28(14), pages 999-1010, November.
- Sumper, Andreas & Robledo-García, Mercedes & Villafáfila-Robles, Roberto & Bergas-Jané, Joan & Andrés-Peiró, Juan, 2011. "Life-cycle assessment of a photovoltaic system in Catalonia (Spain)," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 15(8), pages 3888-3896.
- Abd Rashid, Ahmad Faiz & Yusoff, Sumiani, 2015. "A review of life cycle assessment method for building industry," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 45(C), pages 244-248.
- Kaldellis, J.K. & Zafirakis, D. & Kondili, E., 2010. "Energy pay-back period analysis of stand-alone photovoltaic systems," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 35(7), pages 1444-1454.
- Gerbinet, Saïcha & Belboom, Sandra & Léonard, Angélique, 2014. "Life Cycle Analysis (LCA) of photovoltaic panels: A review," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 38(C), pages 747-753.
- Perera, A.T.D. & Attalage, R.A. & Perera, K.K.C.K. & Dassanayake, V.P.C., 2013. "Designing standalone hybrid energy systems minimizing initial investment, life cycle cost and pollutant emission," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 54(C), pages 220-230.
- Abbes, Dhaker & Martinez, André & Champenois, Gérard, 2014. "Life cycle cost, embodied energy and loss of power supply probability for the optimal design of hybrid power systems," Mathematics and Computers in Simulation (MATCOM), Elsevier, vol. 98(C), pages 46-62.
- Raugei, Marco & Bargigli, Silvia & Ulgiati, Sergio, 2007. "Life cycle assessment and energy pay-back time of advanced photovoltaic modules: CdTe and CIS compared to poly-Si," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 32(8), pages 1310-1318.
- Rashedi, A. & Sridhar, I. & Tseng, K.J., 2013. "Life cycle assessment of 50MW wind firms and strategies for impact reduction," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 21(C), pages 89-101.
- Nugent, Daniel & Sovacool, Benjamin K., 2014. "Assessing the lifecycle greenhouse gas emissions from solar PV and wind energy: A critical meta-survey," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 65(C), pages 229-244.
- Peng, Jinqing & Lu, Lin & Yang, Hongxing, 2013. "Review on life cycle assessment of energy payback and greenhouse gas emission of solar photovoltaic systems," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 19(C), pages 255-274.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Giuseppe Todde & Lelia Murgia & Isaac Carrelo & Rita Hogan & Antonio Pazzona & Luigi Ledda & Luis Narvarte, 2018. "Embodied Energy and Environmental Impact of Large-Power Stand-Alone Photovoltaic Irrigation Systems," Energies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 11(8), pages 1-1, August.
- González-Aparicio, I. & Kapetaki, Z. & Tzimas, E., 2018. "Wind energy and carbon dioxide utilisation as an alternative business model for energy producers: A case study in Spain," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 222(C), pages 216-227.
- Ihsan Ullah & Mohammad G. Rasul, 2018. "Recent Developments in Solar Thermal Desalination Technologies: A Review," Energies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 12(1), pages 1-1, December.
More about this item
KeywordsHybrid PV/Wind system; Life cycle assessment; Embodied energy; Environmental impact; Desalination unit;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:rensus:v:59:y:2016:i:c:p:1504-1513. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Haili He). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/600126/description#description .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.