Life-cycle assessment of a photovoltaic system in Catalonia (Spain)
The life-cycle analysis (LCA) of photovoltaic (PV) systems is an important tool to quantify the potential environmental advantage of using solar technologies versus more traditional technologies, especially the ones relying on non-renewable fossil fuel sources.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 15 (2011)
Issue (Month): 8 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/600126/description#description|
|Order Information:|| Postal: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/600126/bibliographic|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Sherwani, A.F. & Usmani, J.A. & Varun, 2010. "Life cycle assessment of solar PV based electricity generation systems: A review," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 14(1), pages 540-544, January.
- Hondo, Hiroki, 2005. "Life cycle GHG emission analysis of power generation systems: Japanese case," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 30(11), pages 2042-2056.
- Alsema, E. A. & Nieuwlaar, E., 2000. "Energy viability of photovoltaic systems," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 28(14), pages 999-1010, November.
- Richards, B.S. & Watt, M.E., 2007. "Permanently dispelling a myth of photovoltaics via the adoption of a new net energy indicator," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 11(1), pages 162-172, January.
- Raugei, Marco & Bargigli, Silvia & Ulgiati, Sergio, 2007. "Life cycle assessment and energy pay-back time of advanced photovoltaic modules: CdTe and CIS compared to poly-Si," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 32(8), pages 1310-1318.
- Pacca, Sergio & Sivaraman, Deepak & Keoleian, Gregory A., 2007. "Parameters affecting the life cycle performance of PV technologies and systems," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(6), pages 3316-3326, June.
- de la Hoz, Jordi & Boix, Oriol & Martín, Helena & Martins, Blanca & Graells, Moisès, 2010. "Promotion of grid-connected photovoltaic systems in Spain: Performance analysis of the period 1998-2008," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 14(9), pages 2547-2563, December.
- Srinivasan, Sunderasan, 2007. "The Indian solar photovoltaic industry: a life cycle analysis," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 11(1), pages 133-147, January.
- Ardente, Fulvio & Beccali, Marco & Cellura, Maurizio & Lo Brano, Valerio, 2008. "Energy performances and life cycle assessment of an Italian wind farm," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 12(1), pages 200-217, January.
- Azzopardi, B. & Mutale, J., 2010. "Life cycle analysis for future photovoltaic systems using hybrid solar cells," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 14(3), pages 1130-1134, April.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:rensus:v:15:y:2011:i:8:p:3888-3896. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Shamier, Wendy)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.