Biorefineries from the perspective of sustainability: Feedstocks, products, and processes
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Olsson, Leif & Lohmander, Peter, 2005. "Optimal forest transportation with respect to road investments," Forest Policy and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 7(3), pages 369-379, March.
- Cherubini, Francesco & Ulgiati, Sergio, 2010. "Crop residues as raw materials for biorefinery systems - A LCA case study," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 87(1), pages 47-57, January.
- Fatih Demirbas, M., 2009. "Biorefineries for biofuel upgrading: A critical review," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 86(Supplemen), pages 151-161, November.
- Kaparaju, Prasad & Serrano, María & Angelidaki, Irini, 2010. "Optimization of biogas production from wheat straw stillage in UASB reactor," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 87(12), pages 3779-3783, December.
- Kita, K. & Okada, S. & Sekino, H. & Imou, K. & Yokoyama, S. & Amano, T., 2010. "Thermal pre-treatment of wet microalgae harvest for efficient hydrocarbon recovery," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 87(7), pages 2420-2423, July.
- Ronald Steenblik, 2007. "Subsidies: The Distorted Economics of Biofuels," OECD/ITF Joint Transport Research Centre Discussion Papers 2007/3, OECD Publishing.
- Wetterlund, Elisabeth & Söderström, Mats, 2010. "Biomass gasification in district heating systems - The effect of economic energy policies," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 87(9), pages 2914-2922, September.
- Balat, Mustafa & Balat, Havva, 2009. "Recent trends in global production and utilization of bio-ethanol fuel," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 86(11), pages 2273-2282, November.
- Zhou, Adrian & Thomson, Elspeth, 2009. "The development of biofuels in Asia," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 86(Supplemen), pages 11-20, November.
- Uwe Schneider & Bruce McCarl, 2003.
"Economic Potential of Biomass Based Fuels for Greenhouse Gas Emission Mitigation,"
Environmental & Resource Economics,
Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 24(4), pages 291-312, April.
- Uwe A. Schneider & Bruce A. McCarl, 2001. "Economic Potential of Biomass-Based Fuels for Greenhouse Gas Emission Mitigation," Center for Agricultural and Rural Development (CARD) Publications 01-wp280, Center for Agricultural and Rural Development (CARD) at Iowa State University.
- Azar, Christian & Lindgren, Kristian & Andersson, Bjorn A., 2003. "Global energy scenarios meeting stringent CO2 constraints--cost-effective fuel choices in the transportation sector," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 31(10), pages 961-976, August.
- Hoekman, S. Kent, 2009. "Biofuels in the U.S. – Challenges and Opportunities," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 34(1), pages 14-22.
- D. J. Gielen & J. Fujino & S. Hashimoto & Y. Moriguchi, 2002. "Biomass strategies for climate policies?," Climate Policy, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 2(4), pages 319-333, December.
- Achten, Wouter M.J. & Almeida, Joana & Fobelets, Vincent & Bolle, Evelien & Mathijs, Erik & Singh, Virendra P. & Tewari, Dina N. & Verchot, Louis V. & Muys, Bart, 2010. "Life cycle assessment of Jatropha biodiesel as transportation fuel in rural India," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 87(12), pages 3652-3660, December.
- Kaparaju, P. & Rintala, J., 2011. "Mitigation of greenhouse gas emissions by adopting anaerobic digestion technology on dairy, sow and pig farms in Finland," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 36(1), pages 31-41.
- Fahlén, E. & Ahlgren, E.O., 2009. "Assessment of integration of different biomass gasification alternatives in a district-heating system," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 34(12), pages 2184-2195.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Zhu, Shengdong & Huang, Wenjing & Huang, Wangxiang & Wang, Ke & Chen, Qiming & Wu, Yuanxin, 2015. "Pretreatment of rice straw for ethanol production by a two-step process using dilute sulfuric acid and sulfomethylation reagent," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 154(C), pages 190-196.
- Kasivisvanathan, Harresh & Barilea, Ivan Dale U. & Ng, Denny K.S. & Tan, Raymond R., 2013. "Optimal operational adjustment in multi-functional energy systems in response to process inoperability," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 102(C), pages 492-500.
- Avelino Gonçalves, Fabiano & dos Santos, Everaldo Silvino & de Macedo, Gorete Ribeiro, 2015. "Use of cultivars of low cost, agroindustrial and urban waste in the production of cellulosic ethanol in Brazil: A proposal to utilization of microdistillery," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 50(C), pages 1287-1303.
- Thomassen, Gwenny & Van Dael, Miet & Lemmens, Bert & Van Passel, Steven, 2017. "A review of the sustainability of algal-based biorefineries: Towards an integrated assessment framework," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 68(P2), pages 876-887.
- Van Dael, Miet & Van Passel, Steven & Pelkmans, Luc & Guisson, Ruben & Reumermann, Patrick & Luzardo, Nathalie Marquez & Witters, Nele & Broeze, Jan, 2013. "A techno-economic evaluation of a biomass energy conversion park," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 104(C), pages 611-622.
- Taylor, Benjamin & Xiao, Ning & Sikorski, Janusz & Yong, Minloon & Harris, Tom & Helme, Tim & Smallbone, Andrew & Bhave, Amit & Kraft, Markus, 2013. "Techno-economic assessment of carbon-negative algal biodiesel for transport solutions," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 106(C), pages 262-274.
- Imman, Saksit & Arnthong, Jantima & Burapatana, Vorakan & Champreda, Verawat & Laosiripojana, Navadol, 2015. "Fractionation of rice straw by a single-step solvothermal process: Effects of solvents, acid promoters, and microwave treatment," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 83(C), pages 663-673.
- Khatiwada, Dilip & Leduc, Sylvain & Silveira, Semida & McCallum, Ian, 2016. "Optimizing ethanol and bioelectricity production in sugarcane biorefineries in Brazil," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 85(C), pages 371-386.
- Sánchez, Antonio Santos & Silva, Yuri Lopes & Kalid, Ricardo Araújo & Cohim, Eduardo & Torres, Ednildo Andrade, 2017. "Waste bio-refineries for the cassava starch industry: New trends and review of alternatives," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 73(C), pages 1265-1275.
- De Lucia, Caterina & Bartlett, Mark, 2014. "Implementing a biofuel economy in the EU: Lessons from the SUSTOIL project and future perspectives for next generation biofuels," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 29(C), pages 22-30.
- repec:eee:renene:v:113:y:2017:i:c:p:1141-1148 is not listed on IDEAS
- Parajuli, Ranjan & Dalgaard, Tommy & Jørgensen, Uffe & Adamsen, Anders Peter S. & Knudsen, Marie Trydeman & Birkved, Morten & Gylling, Morten & Schjørring, Jan Kofod, 2015. "Biorefining in the prevailing energy and materials crisis: a review of sustainable pathways for biorefinery value chains and sustainability assessment methodologies," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 43(C), pages 244-263.
More about this item
KeywordsBiorefineries; Sustainable development; Biofuels; Biomaterials; Lignocelluloses; Economic;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:rensus:v:15:y:2011:i:8:p:4042-4052. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/600126/description#description .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.