Evaluation of WRF shortwave radiation parameterizations in predicting Global Horizontal Irradiance in Greece
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Greening, Benjamin & Azapagic, Adisa, 2014. "Domestic solar thermal water heating: A sustainable option for the UK?," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 63(C), pages 23-36.
- Economou, Agisilaos, 2011. "Photovoltaic systems in school units of Greece and their consequences," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 15(1), pages 881-885, January.
- Sarralde, Juan José & Quinn, David James & Wiesmann, Daniel & Steemers, Koen, 2015. "Solar energy and urban morphology: Scenarios for increasing the renewable energy potential of neighbourhoods in London," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 73(C), pages 10-17.
- Sobhnamayan, F. & Sarhaddi, F. & Alavi, M.A. & Farahat, S. & Yazdanpanahi, J., 2014. "Optimization of a solar photovoltaic thermal (PV/T) water collector based on exergy concept," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 68(C), pages 356-365.
- Fernández-García, A. & Zarza, E. & Valenzuela, L. & Pérez, M., 2010. "Parabolic-trough solar collectors and their applications," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 14(7), pages 1695-1721, September.
- Salas, V. & Olias, E., 2009. "Overview of the photovoltaic technology status and perspective in Spain," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 13(5), pages 1049-1057, June.
- Burnett, Dougal & Barbour, Edward & Harrison, Gareth P., 2014. "The UK solar energy resource and the impact of climate change," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 71(C), pages 333-343.
- Boland, John, 2015. "Spatial-temporal forecasting of solar radiation," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 75(C), pages 607-616.
- Neves, Diana & Silva, Carlos A., 2014. "Modeling the impact of integrating solar thermal systems and heat pumps for domestic hot water in electric systems – The case study of Corvo Island," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 72(C), pages 113-124.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Julián Urrego-Ortiz & J. Alejandro Martínez & Paola A. Arias & Álvaro Jaramillo-Duque, 2019. "Assessment and Day-Ahead Forecasting of Hourly Solar Radiation in Medellín, Colombia," Energies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 12(22), pages 1-29, November.
- Huva, Robert & Verbois, Hadrien & Walsh, Wilfred, 2020. "Comparisons of next-day solar forecasting for Singapore using 3DVAR and 4DVAR data assimilation approaches with the WRF model," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 147(P1), pages 663-671.
- Verbois, Hadrien & Blanc, Philippe & Huva, Robert & Saint-Drenan, Yves-Marie & Rusydi, Andrivo & Thiery, Alexandre, 2020. "Beyond quadratic error: Case-study of a multiple criteria approach to the performance assessment of numerical forecasts of solar irradiance in the tropics," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 117(C).
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Hussein, Ahmed Kadhim, 2016. "Applications of nanotechnology to improve the performance of solar collectors – Recent advances and overview," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 62(C), pages 767-792.
- Okoroigwe, Edmund & Madhlopa, Amos, 2016. "An integrated combined cycle system driven by a solar tower: A review," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 57(C), pages 337-350.
- Vélez, Fredy & Segovia, José J. & Martín, M. Carmen & Antolín, Gregorio & Chejne, Farid & Quijano, Ana, 2012. "A technical, economical and market review of organic Rankine cycles for the conversion of low-grade heat for power generation," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 16(6), pages 4175-4189.
- Drosou, Vassiliki & Kosmopoulos, Panos & Papadopoulos, Agis, 2016. "Solar cooling system using concentrating collectors for office buildings: A case study for Greece," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 97(C), pages 697-708.
- Khani, M.S. & Baneshi, M. & Eslami, M., 2019. "Bi-objective optimization of photovoltaic-thermal (PV/T) solar collectors according to various weather conditions using genetic algorithm: A numerical modeling," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 189(C).
- Kalogirou, Soteris A. & Karellas, Sotirios & Badescu, Viorel & Braimakis, Konstantinos, 2016. "Exergy analysis on solar thermal systems: A better understanding of their sustainability," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 85(C), pages 1328-1333.
- Bitam, El Wardi & Demagh, Yassine & Hachicha, Ahmed A. & Benmoussa, Hocine & Kabar, Yassine, 2018. "Numerical investigation of a novel sinusoidal tube receiver for parabolic trough technology," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 218(C), pages 494-510.
- Wang, Ruilin & Qu, Wanjun & Hong, Hui & Sun, Jie & Jin, Hongguang, 2018. "Experimental performance of 300 kWth prototype of parabolic trough collector with rotatable axis and irreversibility analysis," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 161(C), pages 595-609.
- Movilla, Santiago & Miguel, Luis J. & Blázquez, L. Felipe, 2013. "A system dynamics approach for the photovoltaic energy market in Spain¤," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 60(C), pages 142-154.
- Hernández-Escobedo, Q. & Rodríguez-García, E. & Saldaña-Flores, R. & Fernández-García, A. & Manzano-Agugliaro, F., 2015. "Solar energy resource assessment in Mexican states along the Gulf of Mexico," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 43(C), pages 216-238.
- Sardarabadi, Mohammad & Hosseinzadeh, Mohammad & Kazemian, Arash & Passandideh-Fard, Mohammad, 2017. "Experimental investigation of the effects of using metal-oxides/water nanofluids on a photovoltaic thermal system (PVT) from energy and exergy viewpoints," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 138(C), pages 682-695.
- Kalogirou, Soteris A., 2012. "A detailed thermal model of a parabolic trough collector receiver," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 48(1), pages 298-306.
- Lobaccaro, G. & Croce, S. & Lindkvist, C. & Munari Probst, M.C. & Scognamiglio, A. & Dahlberg, J. & Lundgren, M. & Wall, M., 2019. "A cross-country perspective on solar energy in urban planning: Lessons learned from international case studies," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 108(C), pages 209-237.
- Bernardos, Eva & López, Ignacio & Rodríguez, Javier & Abánades, Alberto, 2013. "Assessing the potential of hybrid fossil–solar thermal plants for energy policy making: Brayton cycles," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 62(C), pages 99-106.
- Yang, Xiaoping & Yang, Xiaoxi & Ding, Jing & Shao, Youyuan & Fan, Hongbo, 2012. "Numerical simulation study on the heat transfer characteristics of the tube receiver of the solar thermal power tower," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 90(1), pages 142-147.
- Kumaresan, G. & Sudhakar, P. & Santosh, R. & Velraj, R., 2017. "Experimental and numerical studies of thermal performance enhancement in the receiver part of solar parabolic trough collectors," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 77(C), pages 1363-1374.
- Xiaodong Xu & Chenhuan Yin & Wei Wang & Ning Xu & Tianzhen Hong & Qi Li, 2019. "Revealing Urban Morphology and Outdoor Comfort through Genetic Algorithm-Driven Urban Block Design in Dry and Hot Regions of China," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 11(13), pages 1-19, July.
- Sowmy, Daniel Setrak & Schiavon Ara, Paulo José & Prado, Racine T.A., 2017. "Uncertainties associated with solar collector efficiency test using an artificial solar simulator," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 108(C), pages 644-651.
- Ming Lu & Alin Lin & Jiyi Sun, 2018. "The Impact of Photovoltaic Applications on Urban Landscapes Based on Visual Q Methodology," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 10(4), pages 1-15, April.
- Fasquelle, T. & Falcoz, Q. & Neveu, P. & Lecat, F. & Flamant, G., 2017. "A thermal model to predict the dynamic performances of parabolic trough lines," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 141(C), pages 1187-1203.
More about this item
KeywordsGlobal Horizontal Irradiance; Numerical modeling; WRF; Shortwave radiation parameterizations; Hellenic Network of Solar Energy; Aerosol effects;
All these keywords.
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:renene:v:86:y:2016:i:c:p:831-840. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Nithya Sathishkumar). General contact details of provider: http://www.journals.elsevier.com/renewable-energy .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.