Cross-border shopping in a federal economy
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
References listed on IDEAS
- Trandel, Gregory A., 1994. "Interstate commodity tax differentials and the distribution of residents," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 53(3), pages 435-457, March.
- Nielsen, Soren Bo, 2001.
" A Simple Model of Commodity Taxation and Cross-Border Shopping,"
Scandinavian Journal of Economics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 103(4), pages 599-623, December.
- Søren Bo Nielsen, "undated". "A Simple Model of Commodity Taxation and Cross-Border Shopping," EPRU Working Paper Series 98-18, Economic Policy Research Unit (EPRU), University of Copenhagen. Department of Economics.
- Nielsen, Søren Bo, 1998. "A simple model of commodity taxation and cross-border shopping," Working Papers 13-1998, Copenhagen Business School, Department of Economics.
- Ohsawa, Yoshiaki, 1999. "Cross-border shopping and commodity tax competition among governments," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 29(1), pages 33-51, January.
- Michael Keen, 1998.
"Vertical Tax Externalities in the Theory of Fiscal Federalism,"
IMF Staff Papers,
Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 45(3), pages 454-485, September.
- Michael Keen, 1997. "Vertical Tax Externalities in the Theory of Fiscal Federalism," IMF Working Papers 97/173, International Monetary Fund.
- Kanbur, Ravi & Keen, Michael, 1993.
"Jeux Sans Frontieres: Tax Competition and Tax Coordination When Countries Differ in Size,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 83(4), pages 877-892, September.
- Ravi Kanbur & Michael Keen, 1991. "Jeux Sans Frontieres: Tax Competition and Tax Coordination when Countries Differ in Size," Working Papers 819, Queen's University, Department of Economics.
- Bev Dahlby, 1996. "Fiscal externalities and the design of intergovernmental grants," International Tax and Public Finance, Springer;International Institute of Public Finance, vol. 3(3), pages 397-412, July.
- You-Qiang Wang, 1999. "Commodity Taxes under Fiscal Competition: Stackelberg Equilibrium and Optimality," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 89(4), pages 974-981, September.
- Hoyt, William H., 2001. "Tax Policy Coordination, Vertical Externalities, and Optimal Taxation in a System of Hierarchical Governments," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 50(3), pages 491-516, November.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:kap:itaxpf:v:24:y:2017:i:5:d:10.1007_s10797-016-9435-y is not listed on IDEAS
- Willem Sas, 2015. "Commuting in a federation: Horizontal and vertical tax externalities revisited," ERSA conference papers ersa15p690, European Regional Science Association.
- Dascher, Kristof & Haupt, Alexander, 2011. "The political economy of regional integration projects at borders where poor and rich meet: The role of cross-border shopping and community sorting," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 69(1), pages 148-164, January.
- Devereux, M.P. & Lockwood, B. & Redoano, M., 2007.
"Horizontal and vertical indirect tax competition: Theory and some evidence from the USA,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 91(3-4), pages 451-479, April.
- Devereux, Michael P. & Lockwood, Ben & Redoano, Michela, 2004. "Horizontal and Vertical Indirect Tax Competition: Theory and Some Evidence From the USA," CEPR Discussion Papers 4470, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Devereux, Michael & Lockwood, Ben & Redoano, Michela, 2004. "Horizontal And Vertical Indirect Tax Competition : Theory And Some Evidence From The Usa," The Warwick Economics Research Paper Series (TWERPS) 704, University of Warwick, Department of Economics.
- Aiura, Hiroshi & Ogawa, Hikaru, 2013.
"Unit tax versus ad valorem tax: A tax competition model with cross-border shopping,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 105(C), pages 30-38.
- Hikaru Ogawa & Hiroshi Aiura, 2012. "Unit Tax versus Ad Valorem Tax: A Tax Competition Model with Cross-border Shopping," ERSA conference papers ersa12p428, European Regional Science Association.
- Desiderio Romero-Jordán & Marta Jorge García-Inés & Santiago Álvarez García, 2013.
"The impact of fuel tourism on retailers’ diesel price in Spanish neighbouring regions,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 45(4), pages 407-413, February.
- Desiderio Romero-Jordán & Marta Jorge & Santiago Álvarez-García, 2011. "The impact of fuel tourism on retailers' diesel price in Spanish neighbouring regions," Post-Print hal-00737934, HAL.
- Leal, Andrés & López-Laborda, Julio & Rodrigo, Fernando, 2009. "Prices, taxes and automotive fuel cross-border shopping," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 31(2), pages 225-234.
- Diego Martínez, 2014. "Vertical externalities revisited: new results with public inputs and unit taxation," Working Papers. Collection A: Public economics, governance and decentralization 1403, Universidade de Vigo, GEN - Governance and Economics research Network.
- Kristof Dascher & Alexander Haupt, 2008. "The Political Economy of Regional Integration Projects at Borders where Rich and Poor Meet: The Role of Cross-Border Shopping and Community Sorting," CESifo Working Paper Series 2280, CESifo Group Munich.
- Todd M. Nesbit, 2005. "The Revenue Impacts of Cross-border Sales and Tourism: Wine and Liquor Taxation," Working Papers 05-12 Classification-, Department of Economics, West Virginia University.
- Braid, Ralph M., 2013. "State and local tax competition in a spatial model with sales taxes and residential property taxes," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 75(C), pages 57-67.
- Yoskowitz, David W. & Pisani, Michael J., 2007. "Risk and reward: Currency substitution and acceptance of the Mexican peso by firms in the United States southern frontier," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 47(3), pages 422-434, July.
- Kazuko Miyamoto, 2009. "A New Approach to Estimating Tax Interactions in Fiscal Federalism," Global COE Hi-Stat Discussion Paper Series gd08-053, Institute of Economic Research, Hitotsubashi University.
More about this item
- H7 - Public Economics - - State and Local Government; Intergovernmental Relations
- R2 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Household Analysis
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:regeco:v:34:y:2004:i:4:p:365-385. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/regec .