Contestability of the urban land market: an event study of Hong Kong land auctions
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Baumol, William J, 1982. "Contestable Markets: An Uprising in the Theory of Industry Structure," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 72(1), pages 1-15, March.
- Porter, Robert H & Zona, J Douglas, 1993. "Detection of Bid Rigging in Procurement Auctions," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 101(3), pages 518-538, June.
- Baumol, William J & Panzar, John C & Willig, Robert D, 1983. "Contestable Markets: An Uprising in the Theory of Industry Structure: Reply," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 73(3), pages 491-496, June.
- C. Tsuriel Somerville, 1999. "The Industrial Organization of Housing Supply: Market Activity, Land Supply and the Size of Homebuilder Firms," Real Estate Economics, American Real Estate and Urban Economics Association, vol. 27(4), pages 669-694.
- Bosch, Jean-Claude & Eckard, E Woodrow, Jr, 1991. "The Profitability of Price Fixing: Evidence from Stock Market Reaction to Federal Indictments," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 73(2), pages 309-317, May.
- Zhang, Anming & Aldridge, Derek, 1997. "Effects of merger and foreign alliance: An event study of the Canadian airline industry," Transportation Research Part E: Logistics and Transportation Review, Elsevier, vol. 33(1), pages 29-42, March.
- Yuming Fu, 2000. "Hong Kong: Overcoming Financial Risks of Growing Real Estate Credit," Wisconsin-Madison CULER working papers 00-02, University of Wisconsin Center for Urban Land Economic Research.
- Garbade, Kenneth D & Silber, William L & White, Lawrence J, 1982. "Market Reaction to the Filing of Antitrust Suits: An Aggregate and Cross-Sectional Analysis," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 64(4), pages 686-691, November.
- Fama, Eugene F, et al, 1969. "The Adjustment of Stock Prices to New Information," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 10(1), pages 1-21, February.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Clapp, John M. & Bardos, Katsiaryna Salavei & Wong, S.K., 2012. "Empirical estimation of the option premium for residential redevelopment," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 42(1-2), pages 240-256.
- Xiaolong Liu & Weidong Qu, 2015. "Winner's Curse or Signaling? Bidding Outcomes in the Chinese Land Market," International Real Estate Review, Asian Real Estate Society, vol. 18(1), pages 113-129.
- Maurice Tse & Frederik Pretorius & K. Chau, 2011. "Market Sentiments, Winner’s Curse and Bidding Outcome in Land Auctions," The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 42(3), pages 247-274, April.
- Yongheng Deng & Joseph Gyourko & Jing Wu, 2012. "Land and Housing Price Measurement in China," RBA Annual Conference Volume,in: Alexandra Heath & Frank Packer & Callan Windsor (ed.), Property Markets and Financial Stability Reserve Bank of Australia.
- Yuming Fu & Maarten Jennen, 2009. "Office Construction in Singapore and Hong Kong: Testing Real Option Implications," The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 38(1), pages 39-58, January.
- Yongheng Deng & Joseph Gyourko & Jing Wu, 2012. "Land and House Price Measurement in China," NBER Working Papers 18403, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Leung, Charles Ka Yui & Tang, Edward Chi Ho, 2014. "Availability, Affordability and Volatility: the case of Hong Kong Housing Market," MPRA Paper 58770, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Abdul ?Rasheed Amidu & Alirat Olayinka Agboola, 2009. "Empirical Evidence Of The Influences On First-Price Bid Auction Premiums," International Real Estate Review, Asian Real Estate Society, vol. 12(2), pages 157-170.
- Charles Ka Yui Leung, 2015. "Availability, Affordability and Volatility: The Case of the Hong Kong Housing Market," International Real Estate Review, Asian Real Estate Society, vol. 18(3), pages 383-428.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:regeco:v:33:y:2003:i:6:p:695-720. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/regec .