The political economy of intergovernmental grants
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Grossman, Philip J, 1994. "A Political Theory of Intergovernmental Grants," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 78(3-4), pages 295-303, March.
- Dixit, Avinash & Londregan, John, 1998. "Fiscal federalism and redistributive politics," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 68(2), pages 153-180, May.
- Douglas Hart & Michael Munger, 1989. "Declining electoral competitiveness in the House of Representatives: The differential impact of improved transportation technology," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 61(3), pages 217-228, June.
- Johansson, E., 1999.
"Intergovernmental Grants As A Tactical Instrument: Some Empirical Evidence from Swedish Municipalities,"
1999:10, Uppsala - Working Paper Series.
- Johansson, Eva, 1999. "Intergovernmental Grants as a Tactical Instrument: Some Empirical Evidence from Swedish Municipalities," Working Paper Series 1999:10, Uppsala University, Department of Economics.
- Persson, Torsten & Tabellini, Guido, 1996. "Federal Fiscal Constitutions: Risk Sharing and Moral Hazard," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 64(3), pages 623-646, May.
- L. S. Rothenberg & M. Sanders, 1999. "Rational Abstention and the Congressional Vote Choice," Economics and Politics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 11(3), pages 311-340, November.
- Levitt, Steven D & Snyder, James M, Jr, 1997.
"The Impact of Federal Spending on House Election Outcomes,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 105(1), pages 30-53, February.
- Steven D. Levitt & James M. Snyder, Jr., 1995. "The Impact of Federal Spending on House Election Outcomes," NBER Working Papers 5002, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Wallace E. Oates, 1999. "An Essay on Fiscal Federalism," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 37(3), pages 1120-1149, September.
- Meltzer, Allan H & Richard, Scott F, 1981. "A Rational Theory of the Size of Government," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 89(5), pages 914-927, October.
- Ashenfelter, Orley C & Kelley, Stanley, Jr, 1975. "Determinants of Participation in Presidential Elections," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 18(3), pages 695-733, December.
- Homburg, Stefan, 1997. "Ursachen und Wirkungen eines zwischenstaatlichen Finanzausgleichs," EconStor Open Access Articles, ZBW - German National Library of Economics, pages 61-95.
- Gary S. Becker, 1983. "A Theory of Competition Among Pressure Groups for Political Influence," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 98(3), pages 371-400.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Brunet, Alexia, 2005. "Protecting Our Homeland: Incorporating Vulnerability to Terrorism in State Homeland Security Grants," 2005 Annual meeting, July 24-27, Providence, RI 19380, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Christoph A. Schaltegger & Benno Torgler & Simon Zemp, 2009.
"Central City Exploitation by Urban Sprawl? Evidence from Swiss Local Communities,"
CREMA Working Paper Series
2009-07, Center for Research in Economics, Management and the Arts (CREMA).
- Christoph A. Schaltegger & Benno Torgler & Simon Zemp, 2009. "Central City Exploitation by Urban Sprawl? Evidence from Swiss Local Communities," School of Economics and Finance Discussion Papers and Working Papers Series 246, School of Economics and Finance, Queensland University of Technology.
- Dur, Robert & Staal, Klaas, 2008.
"Local public good provision, municipal consolidation, and national transfers,"
Regional Science and Urban Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 38(2), pages 160-173, March.
- Dur, Robert & Staal, Klaas, 2006. "Local Public Good Provision, Municipal Consolidation, and National Transfers," Discussion Paper Series of SFB/TR 15 Governance and the Efficiency of Economic Systems 86, Free University of Berlin, Humboldt University of Berlin, University of Bonn, University of Mannheim, University of Munich.
- Robert Dur & Klaas Staal, 2007. "Local Public Good Provision, Municipal Consolidation, and National Transfers," CESifo Working Paper Series 2061, CESifo Group Munich.
- Dahlby, Bev & Rodden, Jonathan & Wilson, Sam, 2009. "A Median Voter Model of the Vertical Fiscal Gap," Working Papers 2009-14, University of Alberta, Department of Economics.
- Robert Dur & Klaas Staal, 2003. "National Interference in Local Public Good Provision," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 03-074/1, Tinbergen Institute.
- Shun-ichiro Bessho & Kimiko Terai, 2011.
"Competition for private capital and central grants: the case of Japanese industrial parks,"
Economics of Governance,
Springer, vol. 12(2), pages 135-154, June.
- Shun-ichiro Bessho & Kimiko Terai, 2008. "Competition for Private Capital and Central Grants: The Case of Japanese Industrial Parks," Working Papers 080909, University of California-Irvine, Department of Economics.
- repec:spr:chfecr:v:5:y:2017:i:1:d:10.1186_s40589-017-0058-y is not listed on IDEAS
- Hans Pitlik, 2004. "Zur Politischen Rationalitaet der Finanzausgleichsreform in Deutschland," Diskussionspapiere aus dem Institut für Volkswirtschaftslehre der Universität Hohenheim 239/2004, Department of Economics, University of Hohenheim, Germany.
- Jakobsson, Niklas & Nordblom, Katarina, 2009. "Intergovernmental grants and fiscal competition," Working Papers in Economics 338, University of Gothenburg, Department of Economics.
- Elvina Merkaj & Riccardo Lucchetti & Fabio Fiorillo, 2017. "Winning Competitive Grants For Regional Development in Albania: The Role of Local Leaders," Working Papers 422, Universita' Politecnica delle Marche (I), Dipartimento di Scienze Economiche e Sociali.
- Maria EL KHDARI, 2015. "Déterminants des transferts intergouvernementaux : le cas des communes Marocaines," Working Papers 201531, CERDI.
- Ivo Bischoff & Frédéric Blaeschke, 2013. "Incentives and Influence Activities in the Public Sector: the Trade-off in Performance Budgeting and Conditional Grants," MAGKS Papers on Economics 201320, Philipps-Universität Marburg, Faculty of Business Administration and Economics, Department of Economics (Volkswirtschaftliche Abteilung).
- Kauder, Björn & Potrafke, Niklas & Reischmann, Markus, 2016.
"Do politicians reward core supporters? Evidence from a discretionary grant program,"
European Journal of Political Economy,
Elsevier, vol. 45(C), pages 39-56.
- Björn Kauder & Niklas Potrafke & Markus Reischmann, 2016. "Do Politicians Reward Core Supporters? Evidence from a Discretionary Grant Program," CESifo Working Paper Series 6097, CESifo Group Munich.
- Kauder, Björn & Potrafke, Niklas & Reischmann, Markus, 2016. "Do politicians reward core supporters? Evidence from a discretionary grant program," Munich Reprints in Economics 43486, University of Munich, Department of Economics.
- Ivo Bischoff & Frédéric Blaeschke, 2012. "Window-Dressing and Lobbying in Performance-Budgeting: a Model for the Public Sector," MAGKS Papers on Economics 201212, Philipps-Universität Marburg, Faculty of Business Administration and Economics, Department of Economics (Volkswirtschaftliche Abteilung).
- Kauder, Björn & Björn, Kauder & Niklas, Potrafke & Markus, Reischmann, 2016. "Do politicians gratify core supporters? Evidence from a discretionary grant program," Annual Conference 2016 (Augsburg): Demographic Change 145509, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.
- Maria El Khdari, 2016. "Déterminants des transferts intergouvernementaux : le cas des communes Marocaines," Working Papers halshs-01232558, HAL.
- Christoph A. Schaltegger & Simon Zemp, 2003. "Spatial Spillovers in Metropolitan Areas: Evidence from Swiss Communes," CREMA Working Paper Series 2003-06, Center for Research in Economics, Management and the Arts (CREMA).
- Christian Bruns & Oliver Himmler, 2010.
"Media activity and public spending,"
Economics of Governance,
Springer, vol. 11(4), pages 309-332, November.
- Christian Bruns & Oliver Himmler, 2008. "It's the Media, Stupid - How Media Activity Shapes Public Spending," CESifo Working Paper Series 2493, CESifo Group Munich.
- repec:eee:regeco:v:64:y:2017:i:c:p:1-11 is not listed on IDEAS
- Nicolaas Groenewold & Alfred Hagger, 2007. "The effects of fiscal equalisation in a model with endogenous regional governments: an analysis in a two-region numerical model," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer;Western Regional Science Association, vol. 41(2), pages 353-374, June.
- Linda Gonçalves Veiga & Maria Manuel Pinho, 2005. "The Political Economy of Portuguese Intergovernmental Grants," NIPE Working Papers 8/2005, NIPE - Universidade do Minho.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:regeco:v:33:y:2003:i:2:p:139-156. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/regec .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.