Volatility and error transmission spillover effects: Evidence from three European financial regions
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Engle, Robert F. & Kroner, Kenneth F., 1995. "Multivariate Simultaneous Generalized ARCH," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 11(01), pages 122-150, February.
- Fernandez-Izquierdo, Angeles & Lafuente, Juan Angel, 2004. "International transmission of stock exchange volatility: Empirical evidence from the Asian crisis," Global Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 15(2), pages 125-137, August.
- Susmel, Raul & Engle, Robert F., 1994. "Hourly volatility spillovers between international equity markets," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 13(1), pages 3-25, February.
- Theodossiou, Panayiotis, et al, 1997. "Volatility Reversion and Correlation Structure of Returns in Major International Stock Markets," The Financial Review, Eastern Finance Association, vol. 32(2), pages 205-224, May.
- Richard D. F. Harris & Anirut Pisedtasalasai, 2006. "Return and Volatility Spillovers Between Large and Small Stocks in the UK," Journal of Business Finance & Accounting, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 33(9-10), pages 1556-1571.
- Koutmos, Gregory & Booth, G Geoffrey, 1995. "Asymmetric volatility transmission in international stock markets," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 14(6), pages 747-762, December.
- Angelos Kanas, 1998. "Volatility spillovers across equity markets: European evidence," Applied Financial Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 8(3), pages 245-256.
- Booth, G. Geoffrey & Martikainen, Teppo & Tse, Yiuman, 1997. "Price and volatility spillovers in Scandinavian stock markets," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 21(6), pages 811-823, June.
- Billio, Monica & Pelizzon, Loriana, 2003. "Volatility and shocks spillover before and after EMU in European stock markets," Journal of Multinational Financial Management, Elsevier, vol. 13(4-5), pages 323-340, December.
- George M. von Furstenberg & Bang Nam Jeon, 1989. "International Stock Price Movements: Links and Messages," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 20(1), pages 125-180.
- King, Mervyn & Sentana, Enrique & Wadhwani, Sushil, 1994.
"Volatility and Links between National Stock Markets,"
Econometric Society, vol. 62(4), pages 901-933, July.
- Mervyn King & Enrique Sentana & Sushil Wadhwani, 1990. "Volatiltiy and Links Between National Stock Markets," NBER Working Papers 3357, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Karolyi, G Andrew, 1995. "A Multivariate GARCH Model of International Transmissions of Stock Returns and Volatility: The Case of the United States and Canada," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 13(1), pages 11-25, January.
- T. Ane & C. Labidi, 2006. "Spillover effects and conditional dependence," Post-Print hal-00170818, HAL.
- Panayiotis Theodossiou & Unro Lee, 1993.
"Mean And Volatility Spillovers Across Major National Stock Markets: Further Empirical Evidence,"
Journal of Financial Research,
Southern Finance Association;Southwestern Finance Association, vol. 16(4), pages 337-350, December.
- Theodossiou, Panayiotis & Lee, Unro, 1993. "Mean and Volatility Spillovers across Major National Stock Markets: Further Empirical Evidence," Journal of Financial Research, Southern Finance Association;Southwestern Finance Association, vol. 16(4), pages 337-350, Winter.
- Angelos Kanas, 2002. "Mean and variance spillovers among size-sorted UK equity portfolios," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 9(5), pages 319-323.
- Ernst R. Berndt & Bronwyn H. Hall & Robert E. Hall & Jerry A. Hausman, 1974. "Estimation and Inference in Nonlinear Structural Models," NBER Chapters,in: Annals of Economic and Social Measurement, Volume 3, number 4, pages 653-665 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Giampiero M. Gallo & Edoardo Otranto, 2007.
"Volatility transmission across markets: a Multichain Markov Switching model,"
Applied Financial Economics,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 17(8), pages 659-670.
- Giampiero Gallo & Edoardo Otranto, 2006. "Volatility Transmission Across Markets: A Multi-Chain Markov Switching Model," Econometrics Working Papers Archive wp2006_04, Universita' degli Studi di Firenze, Dipartimento di Statistica, Informatica, Applicazioni "G. Parenti".
- Hamao, Yasushi & Masulis, Ronald W & Ng, Victor, 1990. "Correlations in Price Changes and Volatility across International Stock Markets," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 3(2), pages 281-307.
- G. Andrew Karolyi, 2006.
"The World of Cross-Listings and Cross-Listings of the World: Challenging Conventional Wisdom,"
Review of Finance,
European Finance Association, vol. 10(1), pages 99-152.
- Karolyi, G. Andrew, 2004. "The World of Cross-Listings and Cross-Listings of the World: Challenging Conventional Wisdom," Working Paper Series 2004-14, Ohio State University, Charles A. Dice Center for Research in Financial Economics.
- Ng, Angela, 2000. "Volatility spillover effects from Japan and the US to the Pacific-Basin," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 19(2), pages 207-233, April.
- Cheol S. Eun & Hoyoon Jang, 1997. "Price Interactions in a Sequential Global Market: Evidence from the Cross-listed Stocks," European Financial Management, European Financial Management Association, vol. 3(2), pages 209-235.
- Jacobsen, Ben & Dannenburg, Dennis, 2003. "Volatility clustering in monthly stock returns," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 10(4), pages 479-503, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:eme:ajempp:ajems-03-2017-0047 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:jotrge:v:35:y:2014:i:c:p:64-74 is not listed on IDEAS
- Rombouts, Jeroen & Stentoft, Lars & Violante, Franceso, 2014.
"The value of multivariate model sophistication: An application to pricing Dow Jones Industrial Average options,"
International Journal of Forecasting,
Elsevier, vol. 30(1), pages 78-98.
- ROMBOUTS, Jeroen V. K. & STENTOFT, Lars & VIOLANTE, Francesco, 2012. "The value of multivariate model sophistication: an application to pricing Dow Jones Industrial Average options," CORE Discussion Papers 2012003, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Jeroen Rombouts & Lars Peter Stentoft & Francesco Violente, 2012. "The Value of Multivariate Model Sophistication: An Application to pricing Dow Jones Industrial Average Options," CIRANO Working Papers 2012s-05, CIRANO.
- Jeroen V.K. Rombouts & Lars Stentoft & Francesco Violante, 2012. "The Value of Multivariate Model Sophistication: An Application to pricing Dow Jones Industrial Average options," CREATES Research Papers 2012-04, Department of Economics and Business Economics, Aarhus University.
- Naseri, Marjan & Masih, Mansur, 2014. "Integration and Comovement of Developed and Emerging Islamic Stock Markets: A Case Study of Malaysia," MPRA Paper 58799, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Babajide Fowowe & Mohammed Shuaibu, 2016.
"Dynamic spillovers between Nigerian, South African and international equity markets,"
CEPII research center, issue 148, pages 59-80.
- Fowowe, Babajide & Shuaibu, Mohammed, 2016. "Dynamic spillovers between Nigerian, South African and international equity markets," International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 148(C), pages 59-80.
- Cardona, Laura & Gutiérrez, Marcela & Agudelo, Diego A., 2017.
"Volatility transmission between US and Latin American stock markets: Testing the decoupling hypothesis,"
Research in International Business and Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 39(PA), pages 115-127.
- Diego A. Agudelo & Marcela Gutiérrez & Laura Cardona, 2015. "Volatility transmission between US and Latin American Stock Markets: testing the decoupling hypothesis," DOCUMENTOS DE TRABAJO CIEF 014252, UNIVERSIDAD EAFIT.
- Weber, Enzo, 2013.
"Simultaneous stochastic volatility transmission across American equity markets,"
The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 53(1), pages 53-60.
- Enzo Weber, 2008. "Simultaneous Stochastic Volatility Transmission Across American Equity Markets," SFB 649 Discussion Papers SFB649DP2008-049, Sonderforschungsbereich 649, Humboldt University, Berlin, Germany.
- Afees A. Salisu & Kazeem Isah, 2017. "Modeling the spillovers between stock market and money market in Nigeria," Working Papers 023, Centre for Econometric and Allied Research, University of Ibadan.
More about this item
KeywordsVolatility transmission GARCH models Spillover effects Cross-listings;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:quaeco:v:49:y:2009:i:3:p:858-869. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/620167 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.