Monitoring costs and trade credit
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Smith, Janet Kiholm, 1987. "Trade Credit and Informational Asymmetry," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 42(4), pages 863-872, September.
- Petersen, Mitchell A & Rajan, Raghuram G, 1997.
"Trade Credit: Theories and Evidence,"
Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 10(3), pages 661-691.
- Mitchell A. Petersen & Raghuram G. Rajan, "undated". "Trade Credit: Theories and Evidence," CRSP working papers 322, Center for Research in Security Prices, Graduate School of Business, University of Chicago.
- Mitchell A. Petersen & Raghuram G. Rajan, 1996. "Trade Credit: Theories and Evidence," NBER Working Papers 5602, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jeffrey M. Lacker, 1991. "Why is there debt?," Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond, vol. 77(Jul), pages 3-19.
- Shehzad L. Mian & Clifford W. Smith, 1994. "Extending Trade Credit And Financing Receivables," Journal of Applied Corporate Finance, Morgan Stanley, vol. 7(1), pages 75-84, March.
- Schwartz, Robert A., 1974. "An Economic Model of Trade Credit," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 9(4), pages 643-657, September.
- Biais, Bruno & Gollier, Christian, 1997. "Trade Credit and Credit Rationing," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 10(4), pages 903-937.
- Douglas W. Diamond, 1984. "Financial Intermediation and Delegated Monitoring," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 51(3), pages 393-414.
- Emery, Gary W., 1984. "A Pure Financial Explanation for Trade Credit," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 19(3), pages 271-285, September.
- Douglas Gale & Martin Hellwig, 1985. "Incentive-Compatible Debt Contracts: The One-Period Problem," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 52(4), pages 647-663.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Mariarosaria Agostino & Francesco Trivieri, 2014. "Does trade credit play a signalling role? Some evidence from SMEs microdata," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 42(1), pages 131-151, January.
- Albuquerque, Rui & Ramadorai, Tarun & Watugala, Sumudu W., 2015.
"Trade credit and cross-country predictable firm returns,"
Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 115(3), pages 592-613.
- Rui Albuquerque & Tarun Ramadorai & Sumudu W. Watugala, 2014. "Trade Credit and Cross-country Predictable Firm Returns," Staff Discussion Papers 14-04, Office of Financial Research, US Department of the Treasury.
- Richard Pike & Nam Sang Cheng & Karen Cravens & Dawne Lamminmaki, 2005. "Trade Credit Terms: Asymmetric Information and Price Discrimination Evidence From Three Continents," Journal of Business Finance & Accounting, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 32(5‐6), pages 1197-1236, June.
- Yoshiro Miwa & J. Mark Ramseyer, 2005.
"Trade Credit, Bank Loans, and Monitoring: Evidence from Japan,"
CARF-F-054, Center for Advanced Research in Finance, Faculty of Economics, The University of Tokyo.
- Yoshiro Miwa & J. Mark Ramseyer, 2005. "Trade Credit, Bank Loans, and Monitoring: Evidence from Japan," CIRJE F-Series CIRJE-F-381, CIRJE, Faculty of Economics, University of Tokyo.
- Daisuke Tsuruta, 2008. "Bank information monopoly and trade credit: do only banks have information about small businesses?," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 40(8), pages 981-996.
- Pedro J. GarcÃaâ€ Teruel & Pedro MartÃnezâ€ Solano, 2010. "A Dynamic Approach to Accounts Receivable: a Study of Spanish SMEs," European Financial Management, European Financial Management Association, vol. 16(3), pages 400-421, June.
- Altunok, Fatih & Mitchell, Karlyn & Pearce, Douglas K., 2020.
"The trade credit channel and monetary policy transmission: Empirical evidence from U.S. panel data,"
The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 78(C), pages 226-250.
- Altunok, Fatih & Mitchell, Karlyn & Pearce, Douglas, 2015. "The trade credit channel and monetary policy transmission: empirical evidence from U.S. panel data," MPRA Paper 66273, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Vicente Cuñat, 2007.
"Trade Credit: Suppliers as Debt Collectors and Insurance Providers,"
Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 20(2), pages 491-527.
- Vincente Cuñat, 2000. "Trade Credit: Suppliers as Debt Collectors and Insurance Providers," FMG Discussion Papers dp365, Financial Markets Group.
- Vicente Cuñat, 2002. "Trade credit: Suppliers as debt collectors and insurance providers," Economics Working Papers 625, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra, revised Feb 2004.
- Heikki Peura & S. Alex Yang & Guoming Lai, 2017. "Trade Credit in Competition: A Horizontal Benefit," Manufacturing & Service Operations Management, INFORMS, vol. 19(2), pages 263-289, May.
- Albuquerque, Rui & Ramadorai, Tarun & Watugala, Sumudu, 2011. "Trade Credit and International Return Comovement," CEPR Discussion Papers 8222, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Cook, Lisa D., 1999. "Trade credit and bank finance: Financing small firms in russia," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 14(5-6), pages 493-518.
- Goto, Shingo & Xiao, Gang & Xu, Yan, 2015. "As told by the supplier: Trade credit and the cross section of stock returns," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 60(C), pages 296-309.
- Seifert, Daniel & Seifert, Ralf W. & Protopappa-Sieke, Margarita, 2013. "A review of trade credit literature: Opportunities for research in operations," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 231(2), pages 245-256.
- Cunningham, Rose, 2005. "Trade Credit and Credit Rationing in Canadian Firms," Economic Analysis (EA) Research Paper Series 2005036e, Statistics Canada, Analytical Studies Branch.
- Abdulla, Yomna & Dang, Viet Anh & Khurshed, Arif, 2020. "Suppliers' listing status and trade credit provision," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 60(C).
- Pedro J. García-Teruel & Pedro Martínez-Solano & Juan P. Sánchez-Ballesta, 2014. "Supplier Financing and Earnings Quality," Journal of Business Finance & Accounting, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 41(9-10), pages 1193-1211, November.
- Douglas A. Bosse & Tom Arnold, 2009. "Trade credit: a real option for bootstrapping small firms," Venture Capital, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 12(1), pages 49-63, September.
- Cristina Martínez-Sola & Pedro J. García-Teruel & Pedro Martínez-Solano, 2013. "Trade credit policy and firm value," Accounting and Finance, Accounting and Finance Association of Australia and New Zealand, vol. 53(3), pages 791-808, September.
- Lee, Chang Hwan & Rhee, Byong-Duk, 2011. "Trade credit for supply chain coordination," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 214(1), pages 136-146, October.
- Yong Zha & Kehong Chen & Xiaohang Yue & Yugang Yu & Samar Mukhopadhyay, 2019. "Trade credit contract in the presence of retailer investment opportunity," Naval Research Logistics (NRL), John Wiley & Sons, vol. 66(4), pages 283-296, June.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:quaeco:v:41:y:2001:i:1:p:89-110. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Nithya Sathishkumar). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/620167 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.