Does the market perceive a difference in rating agencies?
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Mitchell, Karlyn, 1991. "The Call, Sinking Fund, and Term-To-Maturity Features of Corporate Bonds: An Empirical Investigation," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 26(02), pages 201-222, June.
- Barclay, Michael J & Smith, Clifford W, Jr, 1995. " The Priority Structure of Corporate Liabilities," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 50(3), pages 899-917, July.
- Kish, Richard J. & Livingston, Miles, 1992. "Determinants of the call option on corporate bonds," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 16(4), pages 687-703, August.
- Thompson, G Rodney & Vaz, Peter, 1990. "Dual Bond Ratings: A Test of the Certification Function of Rating Agencies," The Financial Review, Eastern Finance Association, vol. 25(3), pages 457-471, August.
- Pilotte, Eugene, 1992. "Growth Opportunities and the Stock Price Response to New Financing," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 65(3), pages 371-394, July.
- Liu, Pu & Moore, William T, 1987. "The Impact of Split Bond Ratings on Risk Premia," The Financial Review, Eastern Finance Association, vol. 22(1), pages 71-85, February.
- Kidwell, David S, 1976. "The Inclusion and Exercise of Call Provisions by State and Local Governments," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 8(3), pages 391-398, August.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Arthur Allen & Donna Dudney, 2008. "The Impact of Rating Agency Reputation on Local Government Bond Yields," Journal of Financial Services Research, Springer;Western Finance Association, vol. 33(1), pages 57-76, February.
- María Concepción Verona Martel & José Juan Déniz Mayor, 2011. "Las agencias de rating y la crisis fi nanciera de 2008: ¿El fi n de un poder sin control?," REVISTA CRITERIO LIBRE, UNIVERSIDAD LIBRE - SEDE PRINCIPAL, June.
- Alexandr Karminsky & Anatoly Peresetsky, 2009. "Ratings as Measure of Financial Risk: Evolution, Function and Usage," Journal of the New Economic Association, New Economic Association, issue 1-2, pages 86-102.
- Santos, Joao A.C., 2006. "Why firm access to the bond market differs over the business cycle: A theory and some evidence," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 30(10), pages 2715-2736, October.
- Purda, Lynnette D., 2005. "Mergers in the bond rating industry: does rating provider matter?," Journal of Multinational Financial Management, Elsevier, vol. 15(2), pages 155-169, April.
- Li, Joanne & Shin, Yoon S. & Moore, William T., 2006. "Reactions of Japanese markets to changes in credit ratings by global and local agencies," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 30(3), pages 1007-1021, March.
- Ferri, Giovanni & Lacitignola, Punziana & Lee, Jeong Yeon, 2013. "Foreign ownership and the credibility of national rating agencies: Evidence from Korea," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 41(3), pages 762-776.
- Alexander Karminsky, 2016. "Rating models: emerging market distinctions," Papers 1607.02422, arXiv.org.
- Li, Huimin & Jeon, Bang Nam & Cho, Seong-Yeon & Chiang, Thomas C., 2008. "The impact of sovereign rating changes and financial contagion on stock market returns: Evidence from five Asian countries," Global Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 19(1), pages 46-55.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:quaeco:v:39:y:1999:i:3:p:363-377. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/620167 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.