Economic growth and status-seeking through personal wealth
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Kapteyn, Arie, et al, 1997.
"Interdependent Preferences: An Econometric Analysis,"
Journal of Applied Econometrics,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 12(6), pages 665-86, Nov.-Dec..
- Kapteyn, A. & Van De Ger, S. & Van De Stadt, H. & Wansbeek, T., 1989. "Interdependent Preferences: An Econometric Analysis," Papers 8954, Tilburg - Center for Economic Research.
- Corneo, Giacomo & Jeanne, Olivier, 1999. "Pecuniary emulation, inequality and growth," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 43(9), pages 1665-1678, October.
- McBride, Michael, 2001. "Relative-income effects on subjective well-being in the cross-section," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 45(3), pages 251-278, July.
- Fields, Gary S, 1989. "Changes in Poverty and Inequality in Developing Countries," World Bank Research Observer, World Bank Group, vol. 4(2), pages 167-85, July.
- Fershtman, Chaim & Murphy, Kevin M & Weiss, Yoram, 1996.
"Social Status, Education, and Growth,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 104(1), pages 108-32, February.
- Jellal, Mohamed & Rajhi, Taoufik, 2003.
"Croissance et statut social
[Growth and social status]," MPRA Paper 38418, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Benjamin, Dwayne & Brandt, Loren & Giles, John, 2005.
"The Evolution of Income Inequality in Rural China,"
Economic Development and Cultural Change,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 53(4), pages 769-824, July.
- Dwayne Benjamin & Loren Brandt & John Giles, 2003. "The Evolution of Income Inequality in Rural China," Working Papers benjamin-04-01, University of Toronto, Department of Economics.
- Dwayne Benjamin & Loren Brandt & John Giles, 2004. "The Evolution of Income Inequality in Rural China," William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series 2004-654, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- Satyajit Chatterjee & Russell W. Cooper & B. Ravikumar, 1993.
"Strategic complementarity in business formation: aggregate fluctuations and sunspot equilibria,"
93-9, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia.
- Chatterjee, Satyajit & Cooper, Russell & Ravikumar, B, 1993. "Strategic Complementarity in Business Formation: Aggregate Fluctuations and Sunspot Equilibria," Review of Economic Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 60(4), pages 795-811, October.
- Corneo, Giacomo & Jeanne, Olivier, 2001. " Status, the Distribution of Wealth, and Growth," Scandinavian Journal of Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 103(2), pages 283-93, June.
- Clark, Andrew E. & Oswald, Andrew J., 1996.
"Satisfaction and comparison income,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 61(3), pages 359-381, September.
- Glomm, Gerhard & Ravikumar, B, 1992. "Public versus Private Investment in Human Capital Endogenous Growth and Income Inequality," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 100(4), pages 818-34, August.
- Mohtadi, Hamid & Roe, Terry, 1998. "Growth, lobbying and public goods," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 14(3), pages 453-473, August.
- Barro, R.J., 1989.
"Economic Growth In A Cross Section Of Countries,"
RCER Working Papers
201, University of Rochester - Center for Economic Research (RCER).
- Kapteyn, A. & van der Geer, S. & van de Stadt, H. & Wansbeek, T., 1997. "Interdependent preferences : An econometric analysis," Other publications TiSEM cd68dbcd-ca9b-45bf-9ae2-b, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Gradstein, Mark, 2003. "The political economy of public spending on education, inequality, and growth," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3162, The World Bank.
- Perotti, Roberto, 1996. " Growth, Income Distribution, and Democracy: What the Data Say," Journal of Economic Growth, Springer, vol. 1(2), pages 149-87, June.
- Michael Rauscher, 1997. "Conspicuous consumption, economic growth, and taxation," Journal of Economics, Springer, vol. 66(1), pages 35-42, February.
- Corneo, Giacomo & Jeanne, Olivier, 1997. "On relative wealth effects and the optimality of growth," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 54(1), pages 87-92, January.
- Kevin M. Murphy & Andrei Shleifer & Robert Vishny, 1988.
"Income Distribution, Market Size, and Industrialization,"
NBER Working Papers
2709, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Murphy, Kevin M & Shleifer, Andrei & Vishny, Robert W, 1989. "Income Distribution, Market Size, and Industrialization," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, MIT Press, vol. 104(3), pages 537-64, August.
- Cardak, Buly A, 1999. "Heterogeneous Preferences, Education Expenditures and Income Distribution," The Economic Record, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 75(228), pages 63-76, March.
- Gong, Liutang & Zou, Heng-fu, 2002.
"Direct preferences for wealth, the risk premium puzzle, growth, and policy effectiveness,"
Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control,
Elsevier, vol. 26(2), pages 247-270, February.
- Liutang Gong & Heng-fu Zou, 2001. "Direct preferences for wealth, the risk premium puzzle, growth, and policy effectiveness," CEMA Working Papers 53, China Economics and Management Academy, Central University of Finance and Economics.
- repec:ner:tilbur:urn:nbn:nl:ui:12-74366 is not listed on IDEAS
- Ngo Van Long & Koji Shimomura, 2002.
"Relative Wealth, Status Seeking, and Catching Up,"
CIRANO Working Papers
- Futagami, Koichi & Shibata, Akihisa, 1998. "Keeping one step ahead of the Joneses: Status, the distribution of wealth, and long run growth," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 36(1), pages 109-126, July.
- Walter Fisher & Franz Hof, 2000. "Relative consumption, economic growth, and taxation," Journal of Economics, Springer, vol. 72(3), pages 241-262, October.
- Corneo, Giacomo & Jeanne, Olivier, 2001. "On relative-wealth effects and long-run growth," Research in Economics, Elsevier, vol. 55(4), pages 349-358, December.
- repec:ebl:ecbull:v:15:y:2002:i:10:p:1-7 is not listed on IDEAS
- Lau, Sau-Him Paul, 1995. "Welfare-maximizing vs. growth-maximizing shares of government investment and consumption," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 47(3-4), pages 351-359, March.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:poleco:v:21:y:2005:i:2:p:407-427. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.