Don’t let the Greed catch you! Pleonexia rule applied to Pakistan stock exchange
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Mehreen Mahmud & Nawazish Mirza, 2011. "An Evaluation of Mutual Fund Performance in an Emerging Economy: The Case of Pakistan," Lahore Journal of Economics, Department of Economics, The Lahore School of Economics, vol. 16(Special E), pages 301-316, September.
- Fadi Alkaraan & Deryl Northcott, 2013. "Strategic investment decision-making processes: the influence of contextual factors," Meditari Accountancy Research, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 21(2), pages 117-143, November.
- Wooldridge, Jeffrey M., 1995. "Selection corrections for panel data models under conditional mean independence assumptions," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 68(1), pages 115-132, July.
- Lusardi, Annamaria & Mitchell, Olivia S., 2011.
"Financial literacy around the world: an overview,"
Journal of Pension Economics and Finance, Cambridge University Press, vol. 10(4), pages 497-508, October.
- Annamaria Lusardi & Olivia S. Mitchell, 2011. "Financial Literacy around the World: An Overview," NBER Working Papers 17107, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Annamaria Lusardi & Olivia S. Mitchell, 2011. "Financial Literacy Around the World: An Overview," CeRP Working Papers 106, Center for Research on Pensions and Welfare Policies, Turin (Italy).
- S. M. Aamir Shah & Syed Tahir Hijazi, 2005. "Performance Evaluation of Mutual Funds in Pakistan," The Pakistan Development Review, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics, vol. 44(4), pages 863-876.
- Auer, Benjamin R., 2014. "Daily seasonality in crude oil returns and volatilities," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 43(C), pages 82-88.
- Joachim K. Winter & Kathrin Schlafmann & Ralf Rodepeter, 2012.
"Rules of Thumb in Life‐cycle Saving Decisions,"
Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 122(560), pages 479-501, May.
- Winter, Joachim & Schlafmann, Kathrin & Rodepeter, Ralf, 2011. "Rules of Thumb in Life-Cycle Saving Decisions," Discussion Papers in Economics 12334, University of Munich, Department of Economics.
- Winter, Joachim & Schlafmann, Kathrin & Rodepeter, Ralf, 2012. "Rules of Thumb in Life-cycle Saving Decisions," Munich Reprints in Economics 19721, University of Munich, Department of Economics.
- Dowd, Kevin, 2000. "Adjusting for risk:: An improved Sharpe ratio," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 9(3), pages 209-222, July.
- Xu, Lisa & Zia, Bilal, 2012. "Financial literacy around the world : an overview of the evidence with practical suggestions for the way forward," Policy Research Working Paper Series 6107, The World Bank.
- Patricia Fraser & Nicolaas Groenewold, 2000. "The effect of exchange rate shocks on the volatility of Australian sector excess returns: a note," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 7(2), pages 77-81.
- Fama, Eugene F, 1970. "Efficient Capital Markets: A Review of Theory and Empirical Work," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 25(2), pages 383-417, May.
- Schuhmacher, Frank & Eling, Martin, 2012. "A decision-theoretic foundation for reward-to-risk performance measures," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 36(7), pages 2077-2082.
- Miller, Robert E. & Gehr, Adam K., 1978. "Sample Size Bias and Sharpe's Performance Measure: A Note," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 13(5), pages 943-946, December.
- Fama, Eugene F & French, Kenneth R, 1996. "Multifactor Explanations of Asset Pricing Anomalies," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 51(1), pages 55-84, March.
- LeRoy, Stephen F, 1973. "Risk Aversion and the Martingale Property of Stock Prices," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 14(2), pages 436-446, June.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Adam Zaremba & Jacob Koby Shemer, 2018. "Price-Based Investment Strategies," Springer Books, Springer, number 978-3-319-91530-2, July.
- Auer, Benjamin R., 2016. "On time-varying predictability of emerging stock market returns," Emerging Markets Review, Elsevier, vol. 27(C), pages 1-13.
- Ayub, Usman & Qaddus, Uzma & Zakaria, Muhammad & Shafique, Attayah & Ahmed, Junaid, 2018. "Thou should not panic! Let calmness fight the Crocodile Bite," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 509(C), pages 302-315.
- Margaret Miller & Julia Reichelstein & Christian Salas & Bilal Zia, 2015.
"Can You Help Someone Become Financially Capable? A Meta-Analysis of the Literature,"
World Bank Research Observer, World Bank Group, vol. 30(2), pages 220-246.
- Miller, Margaret & Reichelstein, Julia & Salas, Christian & Zia, Bilal, 2014. "Can you help someone become financially capable ? a meta-analysis of the literature," Policy Research Working Paper Series 6745, The World Bank.
- Thomas Delcey, 2019. "Samuelson vs Fama on the Efficient Market Hypothesis: The Point of View of Expertise [Samuelson vs Fama sur l’efficience informationnelle des marchés financiers : le point de vue de l’expertise]," Post-Print hal-01618347, HAL.
- John H. Cochrane, 1999. "New facts in finance," Economic Perspectives, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago, vol. 23(Q III), pages 36-58.
- Alexander S. Sangare, 2005. "Efficience des marchés : un siècle après Bachelier," Revue d'Économie Financière, Programme National Persée, vol. 81(4), pages 107-132.
- Sudi Sudarsanam & Ashraf A. Mahate, 2003. "Glamour Acquirers, Method of Payment and Post‐acquisition Performance: The UK Evidence," Journal of Business Finance & Accounting, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 30(1‐2), pages 299-342, January.
- Monira Essa Aloud, 2016. "Time Series Analysis Indicators under Directional Changes: The Case of Saudi Stock Market," International Journal of Economics and Financial Issues, Econjournals, vol. 6(1), pages 55-64.
- Linnenluecke, Martina K. & Chen, Xiaoyan & Ling, Xin & Smith, Tom & Zhu, Yushu, 2017. "Research in finance: A review of influential publications and a research agenda," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 43(C), pages 188-199.
- Gikas Hardouvelis & George Papanastasopoulos & Dimitrios D. Thomakos & Tao Wang, 2007. "Accruals, Net Stock Issues and Value-Glamour Anomalies: New Evidence on their Relation," Working Paper series 47_07, Rimini Centre for Economic Analysis.
- Jovanovic, Franck & Andreadakis, Stelios & Schinckus, Christophe, 2016. "Efficient market hypothesis and fraud on the market theory a new perspective for class actions," Research in International Business and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 38(C), pages 177-190.
- Stefan Nagel, 2013. "Empirical Cross-Sectional Asset Pricing," Annual Review of Financial Economics, Annual Reviews, vol. 5(1), pages 167-199, November.
- Bebchuk, Lucian A. & Cohen, Alma & Wang, Charles C.Y., 2013.
"Learning and the disappearing association between governance and returns,"
Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 108(2), pages 323-348.
- Lucian A. Bebchuk & Alma Cohen & Charles C.Y. Wang, 2010. "Learning and the Disappearing Association Between Governance and Returns," NBER Working Papers 15912, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Guo, Xu & McAleer, Michael & Wong, Wing-Keung & Zhu, Lixing, 2017.
"A Bayesian approach to excess volatility, short-term underreaction and long-term overreaction during financial crises,"
The North American Journal of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 42(C), pages 346-358.
- Xu Guo & Michael McAleer & Wing-Keung Wong & Lixing Zhu, 2016. "A Bayesian Approach to Excess Volatility, Short-term Underreaction and Long-term Overreaction During Financial Crises," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 16-003/III, Tinbergen Institute.
- Guo, X. & McAleer, M.J. & Wong, W.-K. & Zhu, L., 2016. "A Bayesian Approach to Excess Volatility, Short-term Underreaction and Long-term Overreaction during Financial Crises," Econometric Institute Research Papers EI2016-01, Erasmus University Rotterdam, Erasmus School of Economics (ESE), Econometric Institute.
- Fernando Rubio, 2005. "Estrategias Cuantitativas De Valor Y Retornos Por Accion De Largo," Finance 0503029, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- John H. Cochrane, 2017. "Macro-Finance," Review of Finance, European Finance Association, vol. 21(3), pages 945-985.
- Schwert, G. William, 2003. "Anomalies and market efficiency," Handbook of the Economics of Finance, in: G.M. Constantinides & M. Harris & R. M. Stulz (ed.), Handbook of the Economics of Finance, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 15, pages 939-974, Elsevier.
- Lu Zhang, 2017. "The Investment CAPM," European Financial Management, European Financial Management Association, vol. 23(4), pages 545-603, September.
- Lu Zhang, 2019. "Q-factors and Investment CAPM," NBER Working Papers 26538, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
More about this item
KeywordsSharpe ratio; Rule of thumb; Pleonexia rule; Performance measures;
All these keywords.
- C58 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric Modeling - - - Financial Econometrics
- G17 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Financial Forecasting and Simulation
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:phsmap:v:524:y:2019:i:c:p:157-168. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: http://www.journals.elsevier.com/physica-a-statistical-mechpplications/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Catherine Liu (email available below). General contact details of provider: http://www.journals.elsevier.com/physica-a-statistical-mechpplications/ .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.