Gauge invariant lattice quantum field theory: Implications for statistical properties of high frequency financial markets
We report on initial studies of a quantum field theory defined on a lattice with multi-ladder geometry and the dilation group as a local gauge symmetry. The model is relevant in the cross-disciplinary area of econophysics. A corresponding proposal by Ilinski aimed at gauge modeling in non-equilibrium pricing is implemented in a numerical simulation. We arrive at a probability distribution of relative gains which matches the high frequency historical data of the NASDAQ stock exchange index.
Volume (Year): 389 (2010)
Issue (Month): 1 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.journals.elsevier.com/physica-a-statistical-mechpplications/|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Kirill Ilinski & Alexander Stepanenko, 1998.
"Electrodynamical model of quasi-efficient financial market,"
- Kirill N. Ilinski & Alexander S. Stepanenko, 1998. "Electrodynamical model of quasi-efficient financial market," Papers cond-mat/9806138, arXiv.org.
- Bidarkota, Prasad V. & Dupoyet, Brice V., 2007. "The impact of fat tails on equilibrium rates of return and term premia," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 31(3), pages 887-905, March.
- J. Doyne Farmer, 1999. "Physicists Attempt to Scale the Ivory Towers of Finance," Working Papers 99-10-073, Santa Fe Institute.
- Bakshi, Gurdip & Cao, Charles & Chen, Zhiwu, 1997.
" Empirical Performance of Alternative Option Pricing Models,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 52(5), pages 2003-49, December.
- Charles Quanwei Cao & Gurdip S. Bakshi & Zhiwu Chen, 1997. "Empirical Performance of Alternative Option Pricing Models," Yale School of Management Working Papers ysm54, Yale School of Management.
- Charles Quanwei Cao & Gurdip S. Bakshi & Zhiwu Chen, 1997. "Empirical Performance of Alternative Option Pricing Models," Yale School of Management Working Papers ysm65, Yale School of Management.
- Kirill Ilinski, 1997. "Physics of Finance," Papers hep-th/9710148, arXiv.org.
- M. Bartolozzi & D. B. Leinweber & A. W. Thomas, 2006. "Scale-free avalanche dynamics in the stock market," Papers physics/0601171, arXiv.org, revised Jun 2006.
- Bartolozzi, M. & Leinweber, D.B. & Thomas, A.W., 2006. "Scale-free avalanche dynamics in the stock market," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 370(1), pages 132-139.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:phsmap:v:389:y:2010:i:1:p:107-116. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Shamier, Wendy)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.