Hierarchical structures in the Gross Domestic Product per capita fluctuation in Latin American countries
A description of relations between the yearly fluctuations of the Gross Domestic Product (GDP) per capita of 19 Latin American (LA) countries is presented using either a linear (PCC) or a nonlinear correlation coefficient (NCC). Various time windows have been examined to measure the weights giving rise to links used to built complex networks for which the countries are nodes. The Average Overlap Index (AOI) for LA countries has been calculated for the two correlation coefficients showing that it is rather systematically higher than for the 25 EU countries.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 388 (2009)
Issue (Month): 17 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.journals.elsevier.com/physica-a-statistical-mechpplications/|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- M. Gligor & M. Ausloos, 2008. "Clusters in weighted macroeconomic networks: the EU case. Introducing the overlapping index of GDP/capita fluctuation correlations," The European Physical Journal B: Condensed Matter and Complex Systems, Springer;EDP Sciences, vol. 63(4), pages 533-539, June.
- Mircea Gligor & Marcel Ausloos, 2008.
"Convergence and cluster structures in EU area according to fluctuations in macroeconomic indices,"
- Gligor, Mircea & Ausloos, Marcel, 2008. "Convergence and Cluster Structures in EU Area according to Fluctuations in Macroeconomic Indices," Journal of Economic Integration, Center for Economic Integration, Sejong University, vol. 23, pages 297-330.
- Redelico, Francisco O. & Proto, Araceli N. & Ausloos, Marcel, 2008. "Power law for the duration of recession and prosperity in Latin American countries," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 387(25), pages 6330-6336.
- Ausloos, Marcel & Miśkiewicz, Janusz & Sanglier, Michèle, 2004.
"The durations of recession and prosperity: does their distribution follow a power or an exponential law?,"
Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications,
Elsevier, vol. 339(3), pages 548-558.
- Marcel Ausloos & Janusz Miskiewicz & Michele Sanglier, 2004. "The durations of recession and prosperity: does their distribution follow a power or an exponential law?," Papers cond-mat/0403143, arXiv.org.
- Yang, Yue & Yang, Huijie, 2008. "Complex network-based time series analysis," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 387(5), pages 1381-1386.
- M. Gligor & M. Ausloos, 2007. "Cluster structure of EU-15 countries derived from the correlation matrix analysis of macroeconomic index fluctuations," The European Physical Journal B: Condensed Matter and Complex Systems, Springer;EDP Sciences, vol. 57(2), pages 139-146, 05.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:phsmap:v:388:y:2009:i:17:p:3527-3535. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Shamier, Wendy)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.