Network analysis of correlation strength between the most developed countries
A new algorithm of the analysis of correlation among economy time series is proposed. The algorithm is based on the power law classification scheme (PLCS) followed by the analysis of the network on the percolation threshold (NPT). The algorithm was applied to the analysis of correlations among GDP per capita time series of 19 most developed countries in the periods (1982, 2011), (1992, 2011) and (2002, 2011). The representative countries with respect to strength of correlation, convergence of time series and stability of correlation are distinguished. The results are compared with ultrametric distance matrix analysed by NPT.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Michael J. Naylor & Lawrence C. Rose & Brendan J. Moyle, 2006.
"Topology of Foreign Exchange Markets using Hierarchical Structure Methods,"
physics/0608084, arXiv.org, revised Nov 2006.
- Naylor, Michael J. & Rose, Lawrence C. & Moyle, Brendan J., 2007. "Topology of foreign exchange markets using hierarchical structure methods," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 382(1), pages 199-208.
- Redelico, Francisco O. & Proto, Araceli N. & Ausloos, Marcel, 2009. "Hierarchical structures in the Gross Domestic Product per capita fluctuation in Latin American countries," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 388(17), pages 3527-3535.
- Giovanni Bonanno & Nicolas Vandewalle & Rosario N. Mantegna, 2000. "Taxonomy of Stock Market Indices," Papers cond-mat/0001268, arXiv.org, revised Aug 2000.
- Harry Markowitz, 1952. "Portfolio Selection," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 7(1), pages 77-91, 03.
- Juan Brida & Wiston Risso, 2010. "Dynamics and Structure of the 30 Largest North American Companies," Computational Economics, Society for Computational Economics, vol. 35(1), pages 85-99, January.
- T. Di Matteo & T. Aste & R. N. Mantegna, 2004.
"An interest rates cluster analysis,"
- Di Matteo, T. & Aste, T. & Mantegna, R.N., 2004. "An interest rates cluster analysis," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 339(1), pages 181-188.
- Janusz Miskiewicz & Marcel Ausloos, 2009.
"Has the world economy reached its globalization limit?,"
- Miśkiewicz, Janusz & Ausloos, Marcel, 2010. "Has the world economy reached its globalization limit?," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 389(4), pages 797-806.
- Miśkiewicz, Janusz & Ausloos, Marcel, 2008. "Correlation measure to detect time series distances, whence economy globalization," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 387(26), pages 6584-6594.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:arx:papers:1211.3599. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (arXiv administrators)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.