On the analysis of cross-correlations in South African market data
We report briefly on an application of random matrix theory to the analysis of SA financial market data (An Analysis of cross-correlations in South African financial market data, e- print cond-mat/0402389). Correlation matrices C are constructed from 10 years of daily data for stocks listed on the Johannesburg Stock Exchange from January 1993 to December 2002. Spectral properties of C are tested against random matrix predictions. We highlight some quantitative differences which arise when treating prices as existing only when measured, as opposed to interpolating missing or illiquid trading days with a zero-order hold.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 344 (2004)
Issue (Month): 1 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.journals.elsevier.com/physica-a-statistical-mechpplications/|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Galluccio, Stefano & Bouchaud, Jean-Philippe & Potters, Marc, 1998.
"Rational decisions, random matrices and spin glasses,"
Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications,
Elsevier, vol. 259(3), pages 449-456.
- Stefano Galluccio & Jean-Philippe Bouchaud & Marc Potters, 1998. "Rational Decisions, Random Matrices and Spin Glasses," Papers cond-mat/9801209, arXiv.org.
- Stefano Galluccio & Jean-Philippe Bouchaud & Marc Potters, 1998. "Rational decisions, random matrices and spin glasses," Science & Finance (CFM) working paper archive 500054, Science & Finance, Capital Fund Management.
- V. Plerou & P. Gopikrishnan & B. Rosenow & L. A. N. Amaral & T. Guhr & H. E. Stanley, 2001. "A Random Matrix Approach to Cross-Correlations in Financial Data," Papers cond-mat/0108023, arXiv.org.
- Drożdż, S & Kwapień, J & Speth, J & Wójcik, M, 2002. "Identifying complexity by means of matrices," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 314(1), pages 355-361. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:phsmap:v:344:y:2004:i:1:p:294-298. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.