Standing on the toes of pygmies:
Modern economic theory does not provide a sound foundation on which to build econophysics. Pivotal concepts like utility maximization, perfect competition, and diminishing marginal productivity are empirically and logically flawed. Physicists should not use any of these in econophysics, and should be wary of many other models accepted by economists.
Volume (Year): 324 (2003)
Issue (Month): 1 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.journals.elsevier.com/physica-a-statistical-mechpplications/|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- David F. Midgley & Robert E. Marks & Lee G. Cooper, 1995.
"Breeding Competitive Strategies,"
95-06-052, Santa Fe Institute.
- Craig Freedman, 1998. "No End to Means: George Stigler's Profit Motive," Journal of Post Keynesian Economics, M.E. Sharpe, Inc., vol. 20(4), pages 621-648, July.
- Novshek, William., 1983.
"Perfectly Competitive Markets as the Limits of Cournot Markets,"
499, California Institute of Technology, Division of the Humanities and Social Sciences.
- Novshek, William, 1985. "Perfectly competitive markets as the limits of cournot markets," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 35(1), pages 72-82, February.
- Sippel, Reinhard, 1997. "An Experiment on the Pure Theory of Consumer's Behaviour," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 107(444), pages 1431-44, September.
- Paul Downward & Frederic Lee, 2001. "Post Keynesian Pricing Theory "Reconfirmed"? A Critical Review of "Asking about Prices"," Journal of Post Keynesian Economics, M.E. Sharpe, Inc., vol. 23(3), pages 465-483, April.
- J. M. Keynes, 1937. "The General Theory of Employment," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 51(2), pages 209-223.
- William Novshek, 1980. "Cournot Equilibrium with Free Entry," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 47(3), pages 473-486.
- Mas-Colell, Andreu, 1983. "Walrasian equilibria as limits of noncooperative equilibria. Part I: Mixed strategies," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 30(1), pages 153-170, June.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:phsmap:v:324:y:2003:i:1:p:108-116. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.