Increased presence of foreign investors and dividend policy of Japanese firms
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Basu, Sudipta & Hwang, Lee-Seok & Mitsudome, Toshiaki & Weintrop, Joseph, 2007. "Corporate governance, top executive compensation and firm performance in Japan," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 15(1), pages 56-79, January.
- Andrew Benito & Garry Young, 2003.
"Hard Times or Great Expectations? Dividend Omissions and Dividend Cuts by UK Firms,"
Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics,
Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 65(5), pages 531-555, December.
- Andrew Benito & Garry Young, 2001. "Hard Times or Great Expectations?: Dividend omissions and dividend cuts by UK firms," Bank of England working papers 147, Bank of England.
- Benito, Andrew & Garry Young, 2002. "Hard Times or Greatr Expectations?: Dividend Omissions and Dividend Cuts by UK Firms," Royal Economic Society Annual Conference 2002 21, Royal Economic Society.
- Harada, Kimie & Nguyen, Pascal, 2005. "Dividend change context and signaling efficiency in Japan," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 13(5), pages 504-522, November.
- Kathryn L. Dewenter & Vincent A. Warther, 1998. "Dividends, Asymmetric Information, and Agency Conflicts: Evidence from a Comparison of the Dividend Policies of Japanese and U.S. Firms," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 53(3), pages 879-904, June.
- Eugene F. Fama, 2002.
"Testing Trade-Off and Pecking Order Predictions About Dividends and Debt,"
Review of Financial Studies,
Society for Financial Studies, vol. 15(1), pages 1-33, March.
- Eugene F. Fama & Kenneth R. French, "undated". "Testing Tradeoff and Pecking Order Predictions about Dividends and Debt.”," CRSP working papers 506, Center for Research in Security Prices, Graduate School of Business, University of Chicago.
- Stefan Boes & Rainer Winkelmann, 2004.
"Income and Happiness: New Results from Generalized Threshold and Sequential Models,"
SOI - Working Papers
0407, Socioeconomic Institute - University of Zurich.
- Boes, Stefan & Winkelmann, Rainer, 2004. "Income and Happiness: New Results from Generalized Threshold and Sequential Models," IZA Discussion Papers 1175, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Goergen, Marc & Renneboog, Luc & Correia da Silva, Luis, 2005. "When do German firms change their dividends?," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 11(1-2), pages 375-399, March.
- Rafael La Porta & Florencio Lopez-de-Silanes & Andrei Shleifer & Robert W. Vishny, 2000.
"Agency Problems and Dividend Policies around the World,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 55(1), pages 1-33, February.
- Rafael La Porta & Florencio Lopez-de-Silane & Andrei Shleifer & Robert Vishny, 1998. "Agency Problems and Dividend Policies Around the World," NBER Working Papers 6594, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Rafael La Porta & Florencio Lopez-de-Silanes & Andrei Shleifer & Robert W. Vishny, 1998. "Agency Problems and Dividend Policies Around the World," Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers 1839, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
- Stefan Boes & Rainer Winkelmann, 2006. "The Effect of Income on Positive and Negative Subjective Well-Being," SOI - Working Papers 0605, Socioeconomic Institute - University of Zurich.
- Hiraki, Takato & Inoue, Hideaki & Ito, Akitoshi & Kuroki, Fumiaki & Masuda, Hiroyuki, 2003. "Corporate governance and firm value in Japan: Evidence from 1985 to 1998," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 11(3), pages 239-265, July.
- Easterbrook, Frank H, 1984. "Two Agency-Cost Explanations of Dividends," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 74(4), pages 650-659, September.
- Fukuda, Atsuo, 2000. "Dividend changes and earnings performance in Japan," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 8(1), pages 53-66, March.
- Guilkey, David K. & Murphy, James L., 1993. "Estimation and testing in the random effects probit model," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 59(3), pages 301-317, October.
- repec:hrv:faseco:30747163 is not listed on IDEAS
- Kato, Hideaki Kiyoshi & Loewenstein, Uri & Tsay, Wenyuh, 2002. "Dividend policy, cash flow, and investment in Japan," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 10(4), pages 443-473, September.
- Gustavo Grullon & Roni Michaely & Bhaskaran Swaminathan, 2002. "Are Dividend Changes a Sign of Firm Maturity?," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 75(3), pages 387-424, July.
- Lancaster, Tony, 2000. "The incidental parameter problem since 1948," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 95(2), pages 391-413, April.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Fairchild, Richard & Guney, Yilmaz & Thanatawee, Yordying, 2014. "Corporate dividend policy in Thailand: Theory and evidence," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 31(C), pages 129-151.
- Takanori Tanaka, 2015. "Foreign investors and corporate social responsibility: evidence from the career advancement of women in Japan," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 47(33), pages 3510-3524, July.
- Byrne, Julie & O’Connor, Thomas, 2012. "Creditor rights and the outcome model of dividends," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 52(2), pages 227-242.
- repec:eee:iburev:v:26:y:2017:i:5:p:816-827 is not listed on IDEAS
- Lee, King Fuei, 2010.
"Retail minority shareholders and corporate reputation as determinant of dividend policy in Australia,"
Pacific-Basin Finance Journal,
Elsevier, vol. 18(4), pages 351-368, September.
- Lee, King Fuei, 2010. "Retail Minority Shareholders and Corporate Reputation as Determinant of Dividend Policy in Australia," MPRA Paper 23066, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Nguyen, Pascal, 2012.
"The impact of foreign investors on the risk-taking of Japanese firms,"
Journal of the Japanese and International Economies,
Elsevier, vol. 26(2), pages 233-248.
- Nguyen, Pascal, 2012. "The impact of foreign investors on the risk-taking of Japanese firms," MPRA Paper 38991, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- repec:vul:omefvu:v:8:y:2017:i:1:id:218 is not listed on IDEAS
- Kimie Harada & Pascal Nguyen, 2011. "Ownership concentration and dividend policy in Japan," Managerial Finance, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 37(4), pages 362-379, March.
- Mulyani, Evy & Singh, Harminder & Mishra, Sagarika, 2016. "Dividends, leverage, and family ownership in the emerging Indonesian market," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 43(C), pages 16-29.
- repec:eee:finana:v:52:y:2017:i:c:p:38-48 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:nax:conyad:v:62:y:2017:i:4:p:1199-1213 is not listed on IDEAS
- Thomas O'Connor & Julie Byrne, 2012. "Shareholder and creditor legal rights and the outcome model of dividends," Economics, Finance and Accounting Department Working Paper Series n225-12.pdf, Department of Economics, Finance and Accounting, National University of Ireland - Maynooth.
- Berezinets, I. & Ilina, Y. & Alekseeva, L., 2014. "Ownership structure and dividend policy: A study of Russian public companies with dual class shares," Working Papers 6384, Graduate School of Management, St. Petersburg State University.
More about this item
KeywordsDividend Foreign investors Unobserved heterogeneity Generalized ordered probit Random effects;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:pacfin:v:17:y:2009:i:2:p:163-174. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/pacfin .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.