Set-valued solution concepts using interval-type payoffs for interval games
Uncertainty is a daily presence in the real world. It affects our decision making and may have influence on cooperation. Often uncertainty is so severe that we can only predict some upper and lower bounds for the outcome of our actions, i.e., payoffs lie in some intervals. A suitable game theoretic model to support decision making in collaborative situations with interval data is that of cooperative interval games. Solution concepts that associate with each cooperative interval game sets of interval allocations with appealing properties provide a natural way to capture the uncertainty of coalition values into the players’ payoffs. In this paper, some set-valued solution concepts using interval payoffs, namely the interval core, the interval dominance core and the interval stable sets for cooperative interval games, are introduced and studied. The main results contained in the paper are a necessary and sufficient condition for the non-emptiness of the interval core of a cooperative interval game and the relations between the interval core, the interval dominance core and the interval stable sets of such a game.
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- repec:spr:compst:v:69:y:2009:i:1:p:99-109 is not listed on IDEAS
- S. Alparslan-Gök & Silvia Miquel & Stef Tijs, 2009. "Cooperation under interval uncertainty," Mathematical Methods of Operations Research, Springer, vol. 69(1), pages 99-109, March.
- Daniel Granot, 1977. "Cooperative Games in Stochastic Characteristic Function Form," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 23(6), pages 621-630, February.
- Suijs, Jeroen & Borm, Peter & De Waegenaere, Anja & Tijs, Stef, 1999.
"Cooperative games with stochastic payoffs,"
European Journal of Operational Research,
Elsevier, vol. 113(1), pages 193-205, February.
- Suijs, J.P.M. & Borm, P.E.M. & De Waegenaere, A.M.B. & Tijs, S.H., 1995. "Cooperative games with stochastic payoffs," Discussion Paper 1995-88, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Sujis, J. & Borm, P. & De Waegenaere, A. & Tijs, S., 1995. "Cooperative Games with Stochastic Payoffs," Papers 9588, Tilburg - Center for Economic Research.
- repec:ner:tilbur:urn:nbn:nl:ui:12-167605 is not listed on IDEAS
- Dinko Dimitrov & Stef Tijs & Rodica Branzei, 2003.
"Shapley-like values for interval bankruptcy games,"
AccessEcon, vol. 3(9), pages 1-8.
- Timmer, J.B. & Borm, P.E.M. & Tijs, S.H., 2000.
"Convexity in Stochastic Cooperative Situations,"
2000-04, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- repec:dgr:kubcen:200855 is not listed on IDEAS
- Suijs, J.P.M. & Borm, P.E.M. & De Waegenaere, A.M.B. & Tijs, S.H., 1999. "Cooperative games with stochastic payoffs," Other publications TiSEM f0fb042f-fe23-43f9-9982-d, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- repec:ner:tilbur:urn:nbn:nl:ui:12-78432 is not listed on IDEAS
- Iehle, Vincent, 2007. "The core-partition of a hedonic game," Mathematical Social Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 54(2), pages 176-185, September.
- Rodica Branzei & Stef Tijs & S. Zeynep Alparslan Gok, 2008. "Some Characterizations of Convex Interval Games," Czech Economic Review, Charles University Prague, Faculty of Social Sciences, Institute of Economic Studies, vol. 2(3), pages 219-226, December.
- repec:ner:tilbur:urn:nbn:nl:ui:12-121815 is not listed on IDEAS
- Biswas, A. K. & Parthasarathy, T. & Potters, J. A. M. & Voorneveld, M., 1999. "Large Cores and Exactness," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 28(1), pages 1-12, July.
- Borm, P.E.M. & Tijs, S.H. & Timmer, J.B., 2005. "Convexity in stochastic cooperative situations," Other publications TiSEM 26004fd5-1beb-4ddf-b73f-a, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Alparslan-Gok, S.Z. & Brânzei, R. & Tijs, S.H., 2008. "Convex Interval Games," Discussion Paper 2008-37, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- repec:ebl:ecbull:v:3:y:2003:i:9:p:1-8 is not listed on IDEAS
- Luisa Carpente & Balbina Casas-Méndez & Ignacio García-Jurado & Anne Nouweland, 2010. "The truncated core for games with upper bounds," International Journal of Game Theory, Springer, vol. 39(4), pages 645-656, October.
- Brânzei, R. & Tijs, S.H. & Alparslan-Gok, S.Z., 2008. "Some Characterizations of Convex Interval Games," Discussion Paper 2008-55, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:mateco:v:47:y:2011:i:4:p:621-626. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.