Set-valued solution concepts using interval-type payoffs for interval games
Uncertainty is a daily presence in the real world. It affects our decision making and may have influence on cooperation. Often uncertainty is so severe that we can only predict some upper and lower bounds for the outcome of our actions, i.e., payoffs lie in some intervals. A suitable game theoretic model to support decision making in collaborative situations with interval data is that of cooperative interval games. Solution concepts that associate with each cooperative interval game sets of interval allocations with appealing properties provide a natural way to capture the uncertainty of coalition values into the players’ payoffs. In this paper, some set-valued solution concepts using interval payoffs, namely the interval core, the interval dominance core and the interval stable sets for cooperative interval games, are introduced and studied. The main results contained in the paper are a necessary and sufficient condition for the non-emptiness of the interval core of a cooperative interval game and the relations between the interval core, the interval dominance core and the interval stable sets of such a game.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- S. Alparslan-Gök & Silvia Miquel & Stef Tijs, 2009. "Cooperation under interval uncertainty," Mathematical Methods of Operations Research, Springer;Gesellschaft für Operations Research (GOR);Nederlands Genootschap voor Besliskunde (NGB), vol. 69(1), pages 99-109, March.
- Suijs, J.P.M. & Borm, P.E.M. & De Waegenaere, A.M.B. & Tijs, S.H., 1999.
"Cooperative games with stochastic payoffs,"
Other publications TiSEM
f0fb042f-fe23-43f9-9982-d, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Suijs, J.P.M. & Borm, P.E.M. & De Waegenaere, A.M.B. & Tijs, S.H., 1995. "Cooperative games with stochastic payoffs," Discussion Paper 1995-88, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Sujis, J. & Borm, P. & De Waegenaere, A. & Tijs, S., 1995. "Cooperative Games with Stochastic Payoffs," Papers 9588, Tilburg - Center for Economic Research.
- Biswas, A. K. & Parthasarathy, T. & Potters, J. A. M. & Voorneveld, M., 1999. "Large Cores and Exactness," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 28(1), pages 1-12, July.
- Dinko Dimitrov & Stef Tijs & Rodica Branzei, 2003.
"Shapley-like values for interval bankruptcy games,"
AccessEcon, vol. 3(9), pages 1-8.
- Borm, P.E.M. & Tijs, S.H. & Timmer, J.B., 2005.
"Convexity in stochastic cooperative situations,"
Other publications TiSEM
26004fd5-1beb-4ddf-b73f-a, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- repec:spr:compst:v:69:y:2009:i:1:p:99-109 is not listed on IDEAS
- J. Puerto & F. Fernández & Y. Hinojosa, 2008. "Partially ordered cooperative games: extended core and Shapley value," Annals of Operations Research, Springer, vol. 158(1), pages 143-159, February.
- Luisa Carpente & Balbina Casas-Méndez & Ignacio García-Jurado & Anne Nouweland, 2010. "The truncated core for games with upper bounds," International Journal of Game Theory, Springer;Game Theory Society, vol. 39(4), pages 645-656, October.
- Alparslan-Gok, S.Z. & Brânzei, R. & Tijs, S.H., 2008. "Convex Interval Games," Discussion Paper 2008-37, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Brânzei, R. & Tijs, S.H. & Alparslan-Gok, S.Z., 2008. "Some Characterizations of Convex Interval Games," Discussion Paper 2008-55, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Rodica Branzei & Stef Tijs & S. Zeynep Alparslan Gok, 2008. "Some Characterizations of Convex Interval Games," Czech Economic Review, Charles University Prague, Faculty of Social Sciences, Institute of Economic Studies, vol. 2(3), pages 219-226, December.
- Daniel Granot, 1977. "Cooperative Games in Stochastic Characteristic Function Form," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 23(6), pages 621-630, February.
- Iehle, Vincent, 2007. "The core-partition of a hedonic game," Mathematical Social Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 54(2), pages 176-185, September.
- repec:ebl:ecbull:v:3:y:2003:i:9:p:1-8 is not listed on IDEAS
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:mateco:v:47:y:2011:i:4:p:621-626. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Shamier, Wendy)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.