A noncooperative approach to the Mas-Colell bargaining set
We propose an extensive form game to give a noncooperative interpretation of the Mas-Colell bargaining set for transferable utility games. Based on the objection and counterobjection in the sense of the Mas-Colell bargaining set, a bilateral negotiation is designed in our model. We show that the equilibrium outcomes of our extensive form game coincide with the Mas-Colell bargaining set in the supperadditive environments.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Mas-Colell, Andreu, 1989. "An equivalence theorem for a bargaining set," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 18(2), pages 129-139, April.
- Roberto Serrano & Rajiv Vohra, 2001.
"Implementing the Mas-Colell Bargaining Set,"
2001-24, Brown University, Department of Economics.
- Roberto Serrano & Rajiv Vohra, 1999.
"Bargaining and Bargaining Sets,"
99-18, Brown University, Department of Economics.
- Ezra Einy & David Wettstein, 1999. "A non-cooperative interpretation of bargaining sets," Review of Economic Design, Springer, vol. 4(3), pages 219-230.
- Perez-Castrillo, David & Wettstein, David, 2000. "Implementation of Bargaining Sets via Simple Mechanisms," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 31(1), pages 106-120, April.
- Ron Holzman, 2001. "The comparability of the classical and the Mas-Colell bargaining sets," International Journal of Game Theory, Springer, vol. 29(4), pages 543-553.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:mateco:v:46:y:2010:i:5:p:884-892. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.