A noncooperative approach to the Mas-Colell bargaining set
We propose an extensive form game to give a noncooperative interpretation of the Mas-Colell bargaining set for transferable utility games. Based on the objection and counterobjection in the sense of the Mas-Colell bargaining set, a bilateral negotiation is designed in our model. We show that the equilibrium outcomes of our extensive form game coincide with the Mas-Colell bargaining set in the supperadditive environments.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Roberto Serrano & Rajiv Vohra, 2002.
"Implementing the Mas-Colell bargaining set,"
Fundación SEPI, vol. 26(2), pages 285-298, May.
- Mas-Colell, Andreu, 1989. "An equivalence theorem for a bargaining set," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 18(2), pages 129-139, April.
- Serrano, Roberto & Vohra, Rajiv, 2002.
"Bargaining and Bargaining Sets,"
Games and Economic Behavior,
Elsevier, vol. 39(2), pages 292-308, May.
- Ezra Einy & David Wettstein, 1999. "A non-cooperative interpretation of bargaining sets," Review of Economic Design, Springer, vol. 4(3), pages 219-230.
- Ron Holzman, 2001. "The comparability of the classical and the Mas-Colell bargaining sets," International Journal of Game Theory, Springer, vol. 29(4), pages 543-553.
- Perez-Castrillo, David & Wettstein, David, 2000. "Implementation of Bargaining Sets via Simple Mechanisms," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 31(1), pages 106-120, April.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:mateco:v:46:y:2010:i:5:p:884-892. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.