Evolution paths on the equilibrium manifold
In a pure exchange smooth economy with fixed total resources, we define the length between two regular equilibria belonging to the equilibrium manifold as the number of intersection points of the evolution path connecting them with the set of critical equilibria. We show that there exists a minimal path according to this definition of length.
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Stefano Matta, 2005. "A riemannian metric on the equilibrium manifold," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 4(7), pages 1-7.
- repec:ebl:ecbull:v:4:y:2006:i:30:p:1-9 is not listed on IDEAS
- Dierker, Egbert, 1993. "Regular economies," Handbook of Mathematical Economics,in: K. J. Arrow & M.D. Intriligator (ed.), Handbook of Mathematical Economics, edition 4, volume 2, chapter 17, pages 795-830 Elsevier.
- Balasko, Yves, 1992. "The set of regular equilibria," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 58(1), pages 1-8, October.
- Balasko, Yves, 1979. "A geometric approach to equilibrium analysis," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 6(3), pages 217-228, December.
- Balasko, Yves, 1978. "Economic Equilibrium and Catastrophe Theory: An Introduction," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 46(3), pages 557-569, May.
- Stefano Matta & Andrea Loi, 2006. "A Riemannian metric on the equilibrium manifold: the smooth case," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 4(30), pages 1-9.
- Loi, Andrea & Matta, Stefano, 2009. "A note on the structural stability of the equilibrium manifold," MPRA Paper 15507, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Loi, Andrea & Matta, Stefano, 2008. "Geodesics on the equilibrium manifold," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 44(12), pages 1379-1384, December.
- Balasko, Yves, 1975. "The Graph of the Walras Correspondence," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 43(5-6), pages 907-912, Sept.-Nov.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:mateco:v:45:y:2009:i:12:p:854-859. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.