Structural stability and catastrophes
We show that, in a pure exchange smooth economy, a redistribution of endowments involving singular economies can be supported by a unique and continuous path of supporting equilibrium price vectors if this redistribution is the projection of a path on the equilibrium manifold transversal to the set of critical equilibria.
Volume (Year): 32 (2012)
Issue (Month): 4 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| |
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Balasko, Yves, 1978. "Economic Equilibrium and Catastrophe Theory: An Introduction," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 46(3), pages 557-569, May.
- Loi, Andrea & Matta, Stefano, 2009.
"Evolution paths on the equilibrium manifold,"
Journal of Mathematical Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 45(12), pages 854-859, December.
- Andrea, Loi & Stefano, Matta, 2006. "Evolution paths on the equilibrium manifold," MPRA Paper 4694, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Loi, Andrea & Matta, Stefano, 2011. "Catastrophes minimization on the equilibrium manifold," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 47(4), pages 617-620.
- Dierker, Egbert, 1993. "Regular economies," Handbook of Mathematical Economics,in: K. J. Arrow & M.D. Intriligator (ed.), Handbook of Mathematical Economics, edition 4, volume 2, chapter 17, pages 795-830 Elsevier.
- Balasko, Yves, 1992. "The set of regular equilibria," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 58(1), pages 1-8, October.
- Garratt, Rod & Goenka, Aditya, 1995. "Income redistributions without catastrophes," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 19(1-2), pages 441-455.
- Loi, Andrea & Matta, Stefano, 2009. "A note on the structural stability of the equilibrium manifold," MPRA Paper 15507, University Library of Munich, Germany. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ebl:ecbull:eb-12-00560. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (John P. Conley)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.