An index formula for production economies with externalities
We prove that the degree of the equilibrium correspondence of an economy with increasing returns and external effects is equal to (-1)L-1 where L is the dimension of the space of goods. This allows us to infer existence, finiteness and uniqueness results.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- BONNISSEAU, Jean-Marc & CORNET, Bernard, .
"Existence of equilibria when firms follow bounded losses pricing rules,"
CORE Discussion Papers RP
-814, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Bonnisseau, Jean-Marc & Cornet, Bernard, 1988. "Existence of equilibria when firms follow bounded losses pricing rules," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 17(2-3), pages 119-147, April.
- Bonnisseau, J.-M. & Cornet, B., 1986. "Existence of equilibria when firms follow bounded losses pricing rules," CORE Discussion Papers 1986007, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Jouini, Elyès, 1992. "An index theorem for nonconvex production economies," Economics Papers from University Paris Dauphine 123456789/5638, Paris Dauphine University.
- Bonnisseau, J.M. & Medecin, J.-P., 2000.
"Existence of Marginal Pricing Equilibria in Economies with Externalities and Non Convexities,"
Papiers d'Economie MathÃ©matique et Applications
2000.84, UniversitÃ© PanthÃ©on-Sorbonne (Paris 1).
- Bonnisseau, Jean-Marc & Medecin, Jean-Philippe, 2001. "Existence of marginal pricing equilibria in economies with externalities and non-convexities," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 36(4), pages 271-294, December.
- Gaël Giraud, 2001.
"An Algebraic Index Theorem for Non-smooth Economies,"
- GIRAUD, Gaël, 2000. "An algebraic index theorem for non-smooth economies," CORE Discussion Papers 2000016, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- del Mercato, Elena L., 2006.
"Existence of competitive equilibria with externalities: A differential viewpoint,"
Journal of Mathematical Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 42(4-5), pages 525-543, August.
- Elena Laureana Del Mercato, 2004. "Existence of competitive equilibria with externalities : a differential viewpoint," Cahiers de la Maison des Sciences Economiques b04078, Université Panthéon-Sorbonne (Paris 1).
- Starrett, David A., 1972. "Fundamental nonconvexities in the theory of externalities," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 4(2), pages 180-199, April.
- Bonnisseau, Jean-Marc, 2003. "Regular economies with non-ordered preferences," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 39(3-4), pages 153-174, June.
- Bonnisseau, Jean-Marc, 1992. "Existence of equilibria in the presence of increasing returns : A synthesis," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 21(5), pages 441-452.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:mateco:v:44:y:2008:i:12:p:1385-1397. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.