Incorporating the visibility of coastal energy infrastructure into multi-criteria siting decisions
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Manwell, James F & McGowan, Jon G, 2004. "Development of wind energy systems for New England islands," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 29(10), pages 1707-1720.
- Ek, Kristina & Persson, Lars, 2014. "Wind farms — Where and how to place them? A choice experiment approach to measure consumer preferences for characteristics of wind farm establishments in Sweden," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 105(C), pages 193-203.
- Molnarova, Kristina & Sklenicka, Petr & Stiborek, Jiri & Svobodova, Kamila & Salek, Miroslav & Brabec, Elizabeth, 2012. "Visual preferences for wind turbines: Location, numbers and respondent characteristics," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 92(C), pages 269-278.
- Landry, Craig E. & Allen, Tom & Cherry, Todd & Whitehead, John C., 2012. "Wind turbines and coastal recreation demand," Resource and Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 34(1), pages 93-111.
- Benson, Earl D & Hansen, Julia L. & Schwartz Jr., Arthur & Smersh, Greg T., 1998. "Pricing Residential Amenities: The Value of a View," The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 16(1), pages 55-73, January.
- Andrew D. Krueger & George R. Parsons & Jeremy Firestone, 2011. "Valuing the Visual Disamenity of Offshore Wind Projects at Varying Distances from the Shore: An Application on the Delaware Shoreline," Working Papers 11-04, University of Delaware, Department of Economics.
- Ian D Bishop, 2002. "Determination of thresholds of visual impact: the case of wind turbines," Environment and Planning B: Planning and Design, Pion Ltd, London, vol. 29(5), pages 707-718, September.
- Olsen, Stephen B. & McCann, Jennifer H. & Fugate, Grover, 2014. "The State of Rhode Island's pioneering marine spatial plan," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 45(C), pages 26-38.
- Dua, Mohit & Manwell, James F. & McGowan, Jon G., 2008. "Utility scale wind turbines on a grid-connected island: A feasibility study," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 33(4), pages 712-719.
- Manchado, Cristina & Otero, César & Gómez-Jáuregui, Valentín & Arias, Rubén & Bruschi, Viola & Cendrero, Antonio, 2013. "Visibility analysis and visibility software for the optimisation of wind farm design," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 60(C), pages 388-401.
- Bishop, Ian D. & Miller, David R., 2007. "Visual assessment of off-shore wind turbines: The influence of distance, contrast, movement and social variables," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 32(5), pages 814-831.
- Firestone, Jeremy & Kempton, Willett, 2007. "Public opinion about large offshore wind power: Underlying factors," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(3), pages 1584-1598, March.
- Molina-Ruiz, José & Martínez-Sánchez, María José & Pérez-Sirvent, Carmen & Tudela-Serrano, Mari Luz & García Lorenzo, Mari Luz, 2011. "Developing and applying a GIS-assisted approach to evaluate visual impact in wind farms," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 36(3), pages 1125-1132.
- Andrew D. Krueger & George R. Parsons & Jeremy Firestone, 2011. "Valuing the Visual Disamenity of Offshore Wind Power Projects at Varying Distances from the Shore: An Application on the Delaware Shoreline," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 87(2), pages 268-283.
- Jones, Christopher R. & Richard Eiser, J., 2010. "Understanding 'local' opposition to wind development in the UK: How big is a backyard?," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(6), pages 3106-3117, June.
- Groth, Theresa M. & Vogt, Christine A., 2014. "Rural wind farm development: Social, environmental and economic features important to local residents," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 63(C), pages 1-8.
- Mariel, Petr & Meyerhoff, Jürgen & Hess, Stephane, 2015. "Heterogeneous preferences toward landscape externalities of wind turbines – combining choices and attitudes in a hybrid model," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 41(C), pages 647-657.
- Halpern, Benjamin S. & Diamond, Jordan & Gaines, Steve & Gelcich, Stefan & Gleason, Mary & Jennings, Simon & Lester, Sarah & Mace, Amber & McCook, Laurence & McLeod, Karen & Napoli, Nicholas & Rawson,, 2012. "Near-term priorities for the science, policy and practice of Coastal and Marine Spatial Planning (CMSP)," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(1), pages 198-205, January.
- Ladenburg, Jacob, 2008. "Attitudes towards on-land and offshore wind power development in Denmark; choice of development strategy," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 33(1), pages 111-118.
- Ladenburg, Jacob & Dubgaard, Alex, 2007. "Willingness to pay for reduced visual disamenities from offshore wind farms in Denmark," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(8), pages 4059-4071, August.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:eee:enepol:v:113:y:2018:i:c:p:53-67 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsMarine spatial planning; Viewshed; Visibility; Wind energy; Siting;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:marpol:v:62:y:2015:i:c:p:218-223. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/marpol .