Visual preferences for wind turbines: Location, numbers and respondent characteristics
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Ladenburg, Jacob, 2009. "Visual impact assessment of offshore wind farms and prior experience," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 86(3), pages 380-387, March.
- Torres Sibille, Ana del Carmen & Cloquell-Ballester, Víctor-Andrés & Cloquell-Ballester, Vicente-Agustín & Darton, Richard, 2009. "Development and validation of a multicriteria indicator for the assessment of objective aesthetic impact of wind farms," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 13(1), pages 40-66, January.
- Krohn, Søren & Damborg, Steffen, 1999. "On public attitudes towards wind power," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 16(1), pages 954-960.
- Alvarez-Farizo, Begona & Hanley, Nick, 2002. "Using conjoint analysis to quantify public preferences over the environmental impacts of wind farms. An example from Spain," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 30(2), pages 107-116, January.
- Tsoutsos, Theocharis & Tsouchlaraki, Androniki & Tsiropoulos, Manolis & Serpetsidakis, Michalis, 2009. "Visual impact evaluation of a wind park in a Greek island," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 86(4), pages 546-553, April.
- Eltham, Douglas C. & Harrison, Gareth P. & Allen, Simon J., 2008. "Change in public attitudes towards a Cornish wind farm: Implications for planning," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(1), pages 23-33, January.
- Zoellner, Jan & Schweizer-Ries, Petra & Wemheuer, Christin, 2008. "Public acceptance of renewable energies: Results from case studies in Germany," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(11), pages 4136-4141, November.
- Connolly, D. & Lund, H. & Mathiesen, B.V. & Leahy, M., 2010. "A review of computer tools for analysing the integration of renewable energy into various energy systems," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 87(4), pages 1059-1082, April.
- Price, Trevor & Probert, Doug, 1997. "Integrated approach for the achievement of environmental sustainability," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 58(2-3), pages 73-129, October.
- Wolsink, Maarten, 2000. "Wind power and the NIMBY-myth: institutional capacity and the limited significance of public support," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 21(1), pages 49-64.
- Meyerhoff, Jürgen & Ohl, Cornelia & Hartje, Volkmar, 2010. "Landscape externalities from onshore wind power," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(1), pages 82-92, January.
- Kaldellis, J. K., 2005. "Social attitude towards wind energy applications in Greece," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 33(5), pages 595-602, March.
- Wolsink, Maarten, 2007. "Planning of renewables schemes: Deliberative and fair decision-making on landscape issues instead of reproachful accusations of non-cooperation," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(5), pages 2692-2704, May.
- Ian D Bishop, 2002. "Determination of thresholds of visual impact: the case of wind turbines," Environment and Planning B: Planning and Design, Pion Ltd, London, vol. 29(5), pages 707-718, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- McKenna, R. & Hollnaicher, S. & Fichtner, W., 2014. "Cost-potential curves for onshore wind energy: A high-resolution analysis for Germany," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 115(C), pages 103-115.
- Hildingsson, Roger & Johansson, Bengt, 2016. "Governing low-carbon energy transitions in sustainable ways: Potential synergies and conflicts between climate and environmental policy objectives," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 88(C), pages 245-252.
- Jäger, Tobias & McKenna, Russell & Fichtner, Wolf, 2015. "Onshore wind energy in Baden-Württemberg: a bottom-up economic assessment of the socio-technical potential," Working Paper Series in Production and Energy 7, Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT), Institute for Industrial Production (IIP).
- Betakova, Vendula & Vojar, Jiri & Sklenicka, Petr, 2015. "Wind turbines location: How many and how far?," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 151(C), pages 23-31.
- Mariel, Petr & Meyerhoff, Jürgen & Hess, Stephane, 2015. "Heterogeneous preferences toward landscape externalities of wind turbines – combining choices and attitudes in a hybrid model," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 41(C), pages 647-657.
- Yang, Jinshui & Peng, Chaoyi & Xiao, Jiayu & Zeng, Jingcheng & Yuan, Yun, 2012. "Application of videometric technique to deformation measurement for large-scale composite wind turbine blade," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 98(C), pages 292-300.
- repec:eee:appene:v:222:y:2018:i:c:p:812-822 is not listed on IDEAS
- Huesca-Pérez, María Elena & Sheinbaum-Pardo, Claudia & Köppel, Johann, 2016. "Social implications of siting wind energy in a disadvantaged region – The case of the Isthmus of Tehuantepec, Mexico," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 58(C), pages 952-965.
- repec:eee:appene:v:209:y:2018:i:c:p:445-454 is not listed on IDEAS
- Wolsink, Maarten, 2012. "Undesired reinforcement of harmful ‘self-evident truths’ concerning the implementation of wind power," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 48(C), pages 83-87.
- Cartelle Barros, Juan José & Lara Coira, Manuel & de la Cruz López, María Pilar & del Caño Gochi, Alfredo, 2015. "Assessing the global sustainability of different electricity generation systems," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 89(C), pages 473-489.
- repec:eee:ecolec:v:141:y:2017:i:c:p:245-260 is not listed on IDEAS
- Liu, Wenling & Wang, Can & Mol, Arthur P.J., 2013. "Rural public acceptance of renewable energy deployment: The case of Shandong in China," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 102(C), pages 1187-1196.
- Groth, Theresa M. & Vogt, Christine A., 2014. "Rural wind farm development: Social, environmental and economic features important to local residents," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 63(C), pages 1-8.
- Baharoon, Dhyia Aidroos & Rahman, Hasimah Abdul & Fadhl, Saeed Obaid, 2016. "Personal and psychological factors affecting the successful development of solar energy use in Yemen power sector: A case study," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 60(C), pages 516-535.
- McKenna, R. & Ostman v.d. Leye, P. & Fichtner, W., 2016. "Key challenges and prospects for large wind turbines," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 53(C), pages 1212-1221.
- repec:eee:appene:v:204:y:2017:i:c:p:1422-1430 is not listed on IDEAS
- Broekel, Tom & Alfken, Christoph, 2015.
"Gone with the wind? The impact of wind turbines on tourism demand,"
Elsevier, vol. 86(C), pages 506-519.
- Broekel, Tom & Alfken, Christoph, 2015. "Gone with the wind? The impact of wind turbines on tourism demand," MPRA Paper 65946, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Ladenburg, Jacob & Termansen, Mette & Hasler, Berit, 2013. "Assessing acceptability of two onshore wind power development schemes: A test of viewshed effects and the cumulative effects of wind turbines," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 54(C), pages 45-54.
- Griffin, Robert & Chaumont, Nicolas & Denu, Douglas & Guerry, Anne & Kim, Choong-Ki & Ruckelshaus, Mary, 2015. "Incorporating the visibility of coastal energy infrastructure into multi-criteria siting decisions," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 62(C), pages 218-223.
- Zerrahn, Alexander & Krekel, Christian, 2015.
"Sowing the Wind and Reaping the Whirlwind? The Effect of Wind Turbines on Residential Well-Being,"
Annual Conference 2015 (Muenster): Economic Development - Theory and Policy
112956, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.
- Christian Krekel & Alexander Zerrahn, 2015. "Sowing the Wind and Reaping the Whirlwind? The Effect of Wind Turbines on Residential Well-Being," SOEPpapers on Multidisciplinary Panel Data Research 760, DIW Berlin, The German Socio-Economic Panel (SOEP).
- Wróżyński, Rafał & Sojka, Mariusz & Pyszny, Krzysztof, 2016. "The application of GIS and 3D graphic software to visual impact assessment of wind turbines," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 96(PA), pages 625-635.
- Kontogianni, A. & Tourkolias, Ch. & Skourtos, M. & Damigos, D., 2014. "Planning globally, protesting locally: Patterns in community perceptions towards the installation of wind farms," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 66(C), pages 170-177.
- repec:eee:renene:v:126:y:2018:i:c:p:791-800 is not listed on IDEAS
- Vanja WESTERBERG & Jette BREDAHL JACOBSEN & Robert LIFRAN, 2012. "The Multi-faceted Nature of Preferences for Offshore Wind Farm Siting," Working Papers 12-22, LAMETA, Universitiy of Montpellier, revised Jul 2012.
More about this item
KeywordsVisual assessment; Landscape preference; Wind power; Perceptual attribute; Landscape character; Czech Republic;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:appene:v:92:y:2012:i:c:p:269-278. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/405891/description#description .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.