Development and validation of a multicriteria indicator for the assessment of objective aesthetic impact of wind farms
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Bockstaller, C. & Girardin, P., 2003. "How to validate environmental indicators," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 76(2), pages 639-653, May.
- Wolsink, Maarten, 2007. "Wind power implementation: The nature of public attitudes: Equity and fairness instead of 'backyard motives'," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 11(6), pages 1188-1207, August.
- Hurtado, Juan Pablo & Fernández, Joaquín & Parrondo, Jorge L. & Blanco, Eduardo, 2004. "Spanish method of visual impact evaluation in wind farms," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 8(5), pages 483-491, October.
- Ian D Bishop, 2002. "Determination of thresholds of visual impact: the case of wind turbines," Environment and Planning B: Planning and Design, Pion Ltd, London, vol. 29(5), pages 707-718, September.
- Alvarez-Farizo, Begona & Hanley, Nick, 2002. "Using conjoint analysis to quantify public preferences over the environmental impacts of wind farms. An example from Spain," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 30(2), pages 107-116, January.
- Hanley, Nick & Nevin, Ceara, 1999. "Appraising renewable energy developments in remote communities: the case of the North Assynt Estate, Scotland," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 27(9), pages 527-547, September.
- Rowe, Gene & Wright, George, 1999. "The Delphi technique as a forecasting tool: issues and analysis," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 15(4), pages 353-375, October.
- Norman Dalkey & Olaf Helmer, 1963. "An Experimental Application of the DELPHI Method to the Use of Experts," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 9(3), pages 458-467, April.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Manchado, Cristina & Gomez-Jauregui, Valentin & Otero, César, 2015. "A review on the Spanish Method of visual impact assessment of wind farms: SPM2," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 49(C), pages 756-767.
- Manchado, Cristina & Otero, César & Gómez-Jáuregui, Valentín & Arias, Rubén & Bruschi, Viola & Cendrero, Antonio, 2013. "Visibility analysis and visibility software for the optimisation of wind farm design," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 60(C), pages 388-401.
- Sumper, Andreas & Boix-Aragonès, Oriol & Villafáfila-Robles, Roberto & Bergas-Jané, Joan & Ramírez-Pisco, Rodrigo, 2010. "Methodology for the assessment of the impact of existing high voltage lines in urban areas," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(10), pages 6036-6044, October.
- Chiabrando, Roberto & Fabrizio, Enrico & Garnero, Gabriele, 2009. "The territorial and landscape impacts of photovoltaic systems: Definition of impacts and assessment of the glare risk," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 13(9), pages 2441-2451, December.
- Fernandez-Jimenez, L. Alfredo & Mendoza-Villena, Montserrat & Zorzano-Santamaria, Pedro & Garcia-Garrido, Eduardo & Lara-Santillan, Pedro & Zorzano-Alba, Enrique & Falces, Alberto, 2015. "Site selection for new PV power plants based on their observability," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 78(C), pages 7-15.
- Yeh, Tsu-Ming & Huang, Yu-Lang, 2014. "Factors in determining wind farm location: Integrating GQM, fuzzy DEMATEL, and ANP," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 66(C), pages 159-169.
- Sunak, Yasin & Madlener, Reinhard, 2016. "The impact of wind farm visibility on property values: A spatial difference-in-differences analysis," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 55(C), pages 79-91.
- Elena Arce, María & Saavedra, Ángeles & Míguez, José L. & Granada, Enrique, 2015. "The use of grey-based methods in multi-criteria decision analysis for the evaluation of sustainable energy systems: A review," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 47(C), pages 924-932.
- Wróżyński, Rafał & Sojka, Mariusz & Pyszny, Krzysztof, 2016. "The application of GIS and 3D graphic software to visual impact assessment of wind turbines," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 96(PA), pages 625-635.
- Katsaprakakis, Dimitris Al., 2012. "A review of the environmental and human impacts from wind parks. A case study for the Prefecture of Lasithi, Crete," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 16(5), pages 2850-2863.
- Betakova, Vendula & Vojar, Jiri & Sklenicka, Petr, 2015. "Wind turbines location: How many and how far?," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 151(C), pages 23-31.
- Maslov, Nicolas & Claramunt, Christophe & Wang, Tianzhen & Tang, Tianhao, 2017. "Method to estimate the visual impact of an offshore wind farm," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 204(C), pages 1422-1430.
- Graham, Jessica B. & Stephenson, Janet R. & Smith, Inga J., 2009. "Public perceptions of wind energy developments: Case studies from New Zealand," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(9), pages 3348-3357, September.
- Picchi, Paolo & van Lierop, Martina & Geneletti, Davide & Stremke, Sven, 2019. "Advancing the relationship between renewable energy and ecosystem services for landscape planning and design: A literature review," Ecosystem Services, Elsevier, vol. 35(C), pages 241-259.
- Bao, Qifang & Honda, Tomonori & El Ferik, Sami & Shaukat, Mian Mobeen & Yang, Maria C., 2017. "Understanding the role of visual appeal in consumer preference for residential solar panels," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 113(C), pages 1569-1579.
- Tabassum-Abbasi, & Premalatha, M. & Abbasi, Tasneem & Abbasi, S.A., 2014. "Wind energy: Increasing deployment, rising environmental concerns," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 31(C), pages 270-288.
- Kontogianni, A. & Tourkolias, Ch. & Skourtos, M. & Damigos, D., 2014. "Planning globally, protesting locally: Patterns in community perceptions towards the installation of wind farms," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 66(C), pages 170-177.
- Zaunbrecher, Barbara S. & Linzenich, Anika & Ziefle, Martina, 2017. "A mast is a mast is a mast…? Comparison of preferences for location-scenarios of electricity pylons and wind power plants using conjoint analysis," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 105(C), pages 429-439.
- Manchado, Cristina & Gomez-Jauregui, Valentin & Lizcano, Piedad E. & Iglesias, Andres & Galvez, Akemi & Otero, Cesar, 2019. "Wind farm repowering guided by visual impact criteria," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 135(C), pages 197-207.
- Molina-Ruiz, José & Martínez-Sánchez, María José & Pérez-Sirvent, Carmen & Tudela-Serrano, Mari Luz & García Lorenzo, Mari Luz, 2011. "Developing and applying a GIS-assisted approach to evaluate visual impact in wind farms," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 36(3), pages 1125-1132.
- Molnarova, Kristina & Sklenicka, Petr & Stiborek, Jiri & Svobodova, Kamila & Salek, Miroslav & Brabec, Elizabeth, 2012. "Visual preferences for wind turbines: Location, numbers and respondent characteristics," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 92(C), pages 269-278.
- Baltas, A.E. & Dervos, A.N., 2012. "Special framework for the spatial planning & the sustainable development of renewable energy sources," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 48(C), pages 358-363.
- de la Hoz, Jordi & Martín, Helena & Martins, Blanca & Matas, José & Miret, Jaume, 2013. "Evaluating the impact of the administrative procedure and the landscape policy on grid connected PV systems (GCPVS) on-floor in Spain in the period 2004–2008: To which extent a limiting factor?," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 63(C), pages 147-167.
- Chiabrando, Roberto & Fabrizio, Enrico & Garnero, Gabriele, 2011. "On the applicability of the visual impact assessment OAISPP tool to photovoltaic plants," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 15(1), pages 845-850, January.
More about this item
KeywordsIndicator Objective aesthetic impact Wind farm Landscape Visual perception Social validation;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:rensus:v:13:y:2009:i:1:p:40-66. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/600126/description#description .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.