Environmental and social footprint of offshore wind energy. Comparison with onshore counterpart
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Bishop, Ian D. & Miller, David R., 2007. "Visual assessment of off-shore wind turbines: The influence of distance, contrast, movement and social variables," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 32(5), pages 814-831.
- Firestone, Jeremy & Kempton, Willett, 2007. "Public opinion about large offshore wind power: Underlying factors," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(3), pages 1584-1598, March.
- Jolivet, Eric & Heiskanen, Eva, 2010. "Blowing against the wind--An exploratory application of actor network theory to the analysis of local controversies and participation processes in wind energy," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(11), pages 6746-6754, November.
- Amirat, Y. & Benbouzid, M.E.H. & Al-Ahmar, E. & Bensaker, B. & Turri, S., 2009. "A brief status on condition monitoring and fault diagnosis in wind energy conversion systems," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 13(9), pages 2629-2636, December.
- Kaldellis, J.K. & Garakis, K. & Kapsali, M., 2012. "Noise impact assessment on the basis of onsite acoustic noise immission measurements for a representative wind farm," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 41(C), pages 306-314.
- Alvarez-Farizo, Begona & Hanley, Nick, 2002. "Using conjoint analysis to quantify public preferences over the environmental impacts of wind farms. An example from Spain," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 30(2), pages 107-116, January.
- Sovacool, Benjamin K., 2009. "Contextualizing avian mortality: A preliminary appraisal of bird and bat fatalities from wind, fossil-fuel, and nuclear electricity," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(6), pages 2241-2248, June.
- Andrew D. Krueger & George R. Parsons & Jeremy Firestone, 2011. "Valuing the Visual Disamenity of Offshore Wind Power Projects at Varying Distances from the Shore: An Application on the Delaware Shoreline," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 87(2), pages 268-283.
- Sovacool, Benjamin K. & Lindboe, Hans H. & Odgaard, Ole, 2008. "Is the Danish Wind Energy Model Replicable for Other Countries?," The Electricity Journal, Elsevier, vol. 21(2), pages 27-38, March.
- Jones, Christopher R. & Richard Eiser, J., 2010. "Understanding 'local' opposition to wind development in the UK: How big is a backyard?," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(6), pages 3106-3117, June.
- Kaldellis, J.K. & Kapsali, M. & Kaldelli, El. & Katsanou, Ev., 2013. "Comparing recent views of public attitude on wind energy, photovoltaic and small hydro applications," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 52(C), pages 197-208.
- Bergmann, Ariel & Hanley, Nick & Wright, Robert, 2006. "Valuing the attributes of renewable energy investments," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(9), pages 1004-1014, June.
- Andrew D. Krueger & George R. Parsons & Jeremy Firestone, 2011. "Valuing the Visual Disamenity of Offshore Wind Projects at Varying Distances from the Shore: An Application on the Delaware Shoreline," Working Papers 11-04, University of Delaware, Department of Economics.
- Breton, Simon-Philippe & Moe, Geir, 2009. "Status, plans and technologies for offshore wind turbines in Europe and North America," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 34(3), pages 646-654.
- Hammar, Linus & Wikström, Andreas & Molander, Sverker, 2014. "Assessing ecological risks of offshore wind power on Kattegat cod," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 66(C), pages 414-424.
- Kaldellis, J. K., 2005. "Social attitude towards wind energy applications in Greece," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 33(5), pages 595-602, March.
- Kaldellis, J.K. & Kapsali, M. & Katsanou, Ev., 2012. "Renewable energy applications in Greece—What is the public attitude?," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 42(C), pages 37-48.
- Ladenburg, Jacob, 2008. "Attitudes towards on-land and offshore wind power development in Denmark; choice of development strategy," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 33(1), pages 111-118.
- Snyder, Brian & Kaiser, Mark J., 2009. "Ecological and economic cost-benefit analysis of offshore wind energy," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 34(6), pages 1567-1578.
- Ek, Kristina, 2005. "Public and private attitudes towards "green" electricity: the case of Swedish wind power," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 33(13), pages 1677-1689, September.
- Ladenburg, Jacob & Dubgaard, Alex, 2007. "Willingness to pay for reduced visual disamenities from offshore wind farms in Denmark," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(8), pages 4059-4071, August.
- Kaldellis, J.K. & Kapsali, M., 2013. "Shifting towards offshore wind energy—Recent activity and future development," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 53(C), pages 136-148.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:eee:ecolec:v:141:y:2017:i:c:p:245-260 is not listed on IDEAS
- Liu, W.Y., 2017. "A review on wind turbine noise mechanism and de-noising techniques," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 108(C), pages 311-320.
- repec:eee:enepol:v:113:y:2018:i:c:p:53-67 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:energy:v:126:y:2017:i:c:p:165-178 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:gam:jeners:v:10:y:2017:i:10:p:1512-:d:113660 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:rensus:v:78:y:2017:i:c:p:597-613 is not listed on IDEAS
- Vasileiou, Margarita & Loukogeorgaki, Eva & Vagiona, Dimitra G., 2017. "GIS-based multi-criteria decision analysis for site selection of hybrid offshore wind and wave energy systems in Greece," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 73(C), pages 745-757.
- Ulazia, Alain & Saenz, Jon & Ibarra-Berastegui, Gabriel, 2016. "Sensitivity to the use of 3DVAR data assimilation in a mesoscale model for estimating offshore wind energy potential. A case study of the Iberian northern coastline," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 180(C), pages 617-627.
More about this item
KeywordsOffshore wind installations; Environmental impacts; Life cycle impacts; Visual impact; Bird fatalities; Noise impact;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:renene:v:92:y:2016:i:c:p:543-556. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.journals.elsevier.com/renewable-energy .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.