Bid Rents under Unemployment Risk: Delayed versus Timeless Uncertainty
In this paper, we analyze the impact of uncertainty on the level and properties of the bid rent function. We show that these properties strongly depend upon the way in which uncertainty is introduced into the model (delayed versus timeless uncertainty). We also investigate the implication of income uncertainty for the city equilibrium.
(This abstract was borrowed from another version of this item.)
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- DeSalvo, Joseph S. & Eeckhoudt, Louis R., 1982. "Household behavior under income uncertainty in a monocentric urban area," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 11(1), pages 98-111, January.
- Zenou, Yves & Smith, Tony E., 1995.
"Efficiency wages, involuntary unemployment and urban spatial structure,"
Regional Science and Urban Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 25(4), pages 547-573, August.
- Zenou, Y. & Smith, T. E., . "Efficiency wages, involuntary unemployment and urban spatial structure," CORE Discussion Papers RP 1171, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- ZENOU, Yves & SMITH, Tony E., 1994. "Efficiency Wages, Involuntary Unemployment and Urban Spatial Structure," CORE Discussion Papers 1994076, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Sandmo, Agnar, 1971. "On the Theory of the Competitive Firm under Price Uncertainty," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 61(1), pages 65-73, March.
- Papageorgiou, Yorgos Y. & Pines, David, 1985. "The impact of transportation cost uncertainty on urban structure," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 18(2), pages 247-260, May.
- Ioannides, Yannis M., 1983. "Location decisions under uncertainty and the urban model," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 11(3), pages 291-295.
- Wheaton, William C., 1974. "A comparative static analysis of urban spatial structure," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 9(2), pages 223-237, October.
- DREZE, Jacques H. & MODIGLIANI, Franco, .
"Cosumption decisions under uncertainty,"
CORE Discussion Papers RP
119, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:juecon:v:42:y:1997:i:1:p:42-63. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Shamier, Wendy)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.