Gemstone mining as a development cluster: A study of Brazil's emerald mines
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Machado, Iran F. & de M. Figueiroa, Silvia F., 2001. "500 years of mining in Brazil: a brief review," Resources Policy, Elsevier, vol. 27(1), pages 9-24, March.
- Schmitz, Hubert, 1995. "Small shoemakers and fordist giants: Tale of a supercluster," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 23(1), pages 9-28, January.
- Hilson, Gavin, 2009. "Small-scale mining, poverty and economic development in sub-Saharan Africa: An overview," Resources Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(1-2), pages 1-5.
- Wagner, Alfred, 1891. "Marshall's Principles of Economics," History of Economic Thought Articles, McMaster University Archive for the History of Economic Thought, vol. 5, pages 319-338.
- John Humphrey & Hubert Schmitz, 2002. "How does insertion in global value chains affect upgrading in industrial clusters?," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 36(9), pages 1017-1027.
- Schmitz, Hubert & Nadvi, Khalid, 1999. "Clustering and Industrialization: Introduction," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 27(9), pages 1503-1514, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Milanez, Bruno & Puppim de Oliveira, Jose Antonio, 2013. "Innovation for sustainable development in artisanal mining: Advances in a cluster of opal mining in Brazil," Resources Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(4), pages 427-434.
- repec:gam:jsusta:v:10:y:2018:i:2:p:504-:d:131777 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsEmerald Small scale mining Cluster Social upgrade Local development Latin America Brazil;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jrpoli:v:36:y:2011:i:2:p:132-141. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/30467 .