Small-scale mining, poverty and economic development in sub-Saharan Africa: An overview
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Banchirigah, Sadia Mohammed, 2008. "Challenges with eradicating illegal mining in Ghana: A perspective from the grassroots," Resources Policy, Elsevier, vol. 33(1), pages 29-38, March.
- Aryee, Benjamin N. A., 2001. "Ghana's mining sector: its contribution to the national economy," Resources Policy, Elsevier, vol. 27(2), pages 61-75, June.
- Childs, John, 2008. "Reforming small-scale mining in sub-Saharan Africa: Political and ideological challenges to a Fair Trade gold initiative," Resources Policy, Elsevier, vol. 33(4), pages 203-209, December.
- Mohammed Banchirigah, Sadia, 2006. "How have reforms fuelled the expansion of artisanal mining? Evidence from sub-Saharan Africa," Resources Policy, Elsevier, vol. 31(3), pages 165-171, September.
- Yakovleva, Natalia, 2007. "Perspectives on female participation in artisanal and small-scale mining: A case study of Birim North District of Ghana," Resources Policy, Elsevier, vol. 32(1-2), pages 29-41.
- Gavin Hilson & Sadia Mohammed Banchirigah, 2009. "Are Alternative Livelihood Projects Alleviating Poverty in Mining Communities? Experiences from Ghana," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 45(2), pages 172-196.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- John Rosso Murillo, 2014. "Organizational structure for coal mine in Boyacá," REVISTA FACULTAD DE CIENCIAS ECONÓMICAS, UNIVERSIDAD MILITAR NUEVA GRANADA, vol. 0(1), pages 169-187, June.
- Andreas Kotsadam & Anja Tolonen, 2013. "Mineral Mining and Female Employment," OxCarre Working Papers 114, Oxford Centre for the Analysis of Resource Rich Economies, University of Oxford.
- Perks, Rachel, 2012. "How can public–private partnerships contribute to security and human rights policy and practice in the extractive industries? A case study of The Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC)," Resources Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(2), pages 251-260.
- Puppim de Oliveira, Jose Antonio & Ali, Saleem H., 2011. "Gemstone mining as a development cluster: A study of Brazil's emerald mines," Resources Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(2), pages 132-141, June.
- Saldarriaga-Isaza, Adrián & Villegas-Palacio, Clara & Arango, Santiago, 2015. "Phasing out mercury through collective action in artisanal gold mining: Evidence from a framed field experiment," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 120(C), pages 406-415.
- Andriamasinoro, Fenintsoa & Angel, Jean-Michel, 2012. "Artisanal and small-scale gold mining in Burkina Faso: Suggestion of multi-agent methodology as a complementary support in elaborating a policy," Resources Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(3), pages 385-396.
- repec:eee:jrpoli:v:53:y:2017:i:c:p:356-368 is not listed on IDEAS
- Hirons, Mark, 2014. "Shifting sand, shifting livelihoods? Reflections on a coastal gold rush in Ghana," Resources Policy, Elsevier, vol. 40(C), pages 83-89.
- repec:eee:wdevel:v:97:y:2017:i:c:p:67-78 is not listed on IDEAS
- Maclin, Beth J. & Kelly, Jocelyn T.D. & Perks, Rachel & Vinck, Patrick & Pham, Phuong, 2017. "Moving to the mines: Motivations of men and women for migration to artisanal and small-scale mining sites in Eastern Democratic Republic of the Congo," Resources Policy, Elsevier, vol. 51(C), pages 115-122.
- Kelly, Jocelyn T.D., 2014. "“This mine has become our farmland": Critical perspectives on the coevolution of artisanal mining and conflict in the Democratic Republic of the Congo," Resources Policy, Elsevier, vol. 40(C), pages 100-108.
- repec:gam:jsusta:v:9:y:2017:i:11:p:2034-:d:118878 is not listed on IDEAS
- Geenen, Sara, 2012. "A dangerous bet: The challenges of formalizing artisanal mining in the Democratic Republic of Congo," Resources Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(3), pages 322-330.
- Balistreri, Edward J. & Worley, Christopher M., 2009. "Mercury: The good, the bad, and the export ban," Resources Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(4), pages 195-204, December.
- Geenen, Sara, 2014. "Dispossession, displacement and resistance: Artisanal miners in a gold concession in South-Kivu, Democratic Republic of Congo," Resources Policy, Elsevier, vol. 40(C), pages 90-99.
- repec:spr:minecn:v:30:y:2017:i:3:d:10.1007_s13563-017-0117-8 is not listed on IDEAS
- Schure, Jolien & Ingram, Verina & Tieguhong, Julius Chupezi & Ndikumagenge, Cleto, 2011. "Is the god of diamonds alone? The role of institutions in artisanal mining in forest landscapes, Congo Basin," Resources Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(4), pages 363-371.
- Ross, Brad & Dessureault, Sean & Rieber, Michael, 2011. "The Tucson Mineral Show and the market for collector minerals: The potential for artisanal and small scale miners," Resources Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(2), pages 168-177, June.
- Kotsadam, Andreas & Tolonen, Anja, 2016.
"African Mining, Gender, and Local Employment,"
Elsevier, vol. 83(C), pages 325-339.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jrpoli:v:34:y:2009:i:1-2:p:1-5. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/30467 .