An assessment of time series methods in metal price forecasting
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Reinhart, Carmen & Borenzstein, Eduardo & Khan, Mohsin & Wickham, Peter, 1994. "The Behavior of Non-Oil Commodity Prices," MPRA Paper 8198, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Heaney, Richard, 2002. "Does knowledge of the cost of carry model improve commodity futures price forecasting ability?: A case study using the London Metal Exchange lead contract," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 18(1), pages 45-65.
- Brunetti, Celso & Gilbert, Christopher L., 1995. "Metals price volatility, 1972-1995," Resources Policy, Elsevier, vol. 21(4), pages 237-254, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Sánchez Lasheras, Fernando & de Cos Juez, Francisco Javier & Suárez Sánchez, Ana & Krzemień, Alicja & Riesgo Fernández, Pedro, 2015. "Forecasting the COMEX copper spot price by means of neural networks and ARIMA models," Resources Policy, Elsevier, vol. 45(C), pages 37-43.
- Jung Youn Mo & Wooyoung Jeon, 2018. "The Impact of Electric Vehicle Demand and Battery Recycling on Price Dynamics of Lithium-Ion Battery Cathode Materials: A Vector Error Correction Model (VECM) Analysis," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 10(8), pages 1-15, August.
- Alameer, Zakaria & Elaziz, Mohamed Abd & Ewees, Ahmed A. & Ye, Haiwang & Jianhua, Zhang, 2019. "Forecasting gold price fluctuations using improved multilayer perceptron neural network and whale optimization algorithm," Resources Policy, Elsevier, vol. 61(C), pages 250-260.
- Gil-Alana, Luis A. & Tripathy, Trilochan, 2014. "Modelling volatility persistence and asymmetry: A Study on selected Indian non-ferrous metals markets," Resources Policy, Elsevier, vol. 41(C), pages 31-39.
- He, Kaijian & Lu, Xingjing & Zou, Yingchao & Keung Lai, Kin, 2015. "Forecasting metal prices with a curvelet based multiscale methodology," Resources Policy, Elsevier, vol. 45(C), pages 144-150.
- He, Kaijian & Chen, Yanhui & Tso, Geoffrey K.F., 2017. "Price forecasting in the precious metal market: A multivariate EMD denoising approach," Resources Policy, Elsevier, vol. 54(C), pages 9-24.
- Pincheira Brown, Pablo & Hardy, Nicolás, 2019. "Forecasting base metal prices with the Chilean exchange rate," Resources Policy, Elsevier, vol. 62(C), pages 256-281.
- Viviana Fernández, 2006. "Forecasting crude oil and natural gas spot prices by classification methods," Documentos de Trabajo 229, Centro de Economía Aplicada, Universidad de Chile.
- Ewees, Ahmed A. & Elaziz, Mohamed Abd & Alameer, Zakaria & Ye, Haiwang & Jianhua, Zhang, 2020. "Improving multilayer perceptron neural network using chaotic grasshopper optimization algorithm to forecast iron ore price volatility," Resources Policy, Elsevier, vol. 65(C).
- Ribeiro, Celma O. & Oliveira, Sydnei M., 2011. "A hybrid commodity price-forecasting model applied to the sugar–alcohol sector," Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 55(2), pages 1-19.
- Kriechbaumer, Thomas & Angus, Andrew & Parsons, David & Rivas Casado, Monica, 2014. "An improved wavelet–ARIMA approach for forecasting metal prices," Resources Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(C), pages 32-41.
- Luis Alberiko Gil-Alaña & Trilochan Tripathy, 2013. "Modelling volatility persistence and asymmetry: a study on selected Indian non-ferrous metals markets," NCID Working Papers 11/2013, Navarra Center for International Development, University of Navarra.
- Rubaszek, Michał & Karolak, Zuzanna & Kwas, Marek, 2020. "Mean-reversion, non-linearities and the dynamics of industrial metal prices. A forecasting perspective," Resources Policy, Elsevier, vol. 65(C).
- Adibi, Nabiollah & Ataee-pour, Majid, 2015. "Decreasing minerals׳ revenue risk by diversification of mineral production in mineral rich countries," Resources Policy, Elsevier, vol. 45(C), pages 121-129.
- Viviana Fernandez, 2008. "Traditional versus novel forecasting techniques: how much do we gain?," Journal of Forecasting, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 27(7), pages 637-648.
- Pincheira, Pablo & Hardy, Nicolas, 2018. "Forecasting Base Metal Prices with Commodity Currencies," MPRA Paper 83564, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Fernandez, Viviana, 2007. "Wavelet- and SVM-based forecasts: An analysis of the U.S. metal and materials manufacturing industry," Resources Policy, Elsevier, vol. 32(1-2), pages 80-89.
- Pierdzioch, Christian & Rülke, Jan-Christoph & Stadtmann, Georg, 2013. "Forecasting metal prices: Do forecasters herd?," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 37(1), pages 150-158.
- Ciner, Cetin & Lucey, Brian & Yarovaya, Larisa, 2020. "Spillovers, integration and causality in LME non-ferrous metal markets," Journal of Commodity Markets, Elsevier, vol. 17(C).
- Matyjaszek, Marta & Riesgo Fernández, Pedro & Krzemień, Alicja & Wodarski, Krzysztof & Fidalgo Valverde, Gregorio, 2019. "Forecasting coking coal prices by means of ARIMA models and neural networks, considering the transgenic time series theory," Resources Policy, Elsevier, vol. 61(C), pages 283-292.
- Chen, Yanhui & He, Kaijian & Zhang, Chuan, 2016. "A novel grey wave forecasting method for predicting metal prices," Resources Policy, Elsevier, vol. 49(C), pages 323-331.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jrpoli:v:30:y:2005:i:3:p:208-217. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Haili He). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/30467 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.