Does globalization benefit developing countries? Effects of FDI on local wages
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Mehra, Y P, 1976. "Spillovers in Wage Determination in U.S. Manufacturing Industries," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 58(3), pages 300-312, August.
- Qin, Duo & Cagas, Marie Anne & Quising, Pilipinas & He, Xin-Hua, 2006.
"How much does investment drive economic growth in China?,"
Journal of Policy Modeling,
Elsevier, vol. 28(7), pages 751-774, October.
- Duo Qin & Marie Anne Cagas & Pilipinas Quising & Xin-Hua He, 2005. "How Much Does Investment Drive Economic Growth in China?," Working Papers 545, Queen Mary University of London, School of Economics and Finance.
- Aitken, Brian & Harrison, Ann & Lipsey, Robert E., 1996.
"Wages and foreign ownership A comparative study of Mexico, Venezuela, and the United States,"
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 40(3-4), pages 345-371, May.
- Brian Aitken & Ann Harrison & Robert E. Lipsey, 1995. "Wages and Foreign Ownership: A Comparative Study of Mexico, Venezuela and the United States," NBER Working Papers 5102, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Aitken, B. & Harrison, A. & Lipsey, R.E., 1995. "Wages and Foreign Ownership: A Comparative Study of Mexico, Venezuela, and the United States," Papers 95-21, Columbia - Graduate School of Business.
- Smith, Jennifer C, 1996.
"Wage Interactions: Comparisons or Fall-Back Options?,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 106(435), pages 495-506, March.
- Jennifer Smith, 1995. "Wage Interactions: Comparisons or Fall-back Options?," Bank of England working papers 37, Bank of England.
- Drewes, Torben, 1987. "Regional Wage Spillover in Canada," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 69(2), pages 224-231, May.
- Laureti, Lucio & Postiglione, Paolo, 2005. "The effects of capital inflows on the economic growth in the Med Area," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 27(7), pages 839-851, October.
- Michael D. Intriligator, 2009.
"Globalisation of the World Economy: Potential Benefits and Costs and a Net Assessment,"
Chapters,in: The Law and Economics of Globalisation, chapter 11
Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Intriligator, Michael D., 2004. "Globalization of the world economy: potential benefits and costs and a net assessment," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 26(4), pages 485-498, June.
- Christofides, Louis N & Swidinsky, Robert & Wilton, David A, 1980. "A Microeconometric Analysis of Spillovers within the Canadian Wage Determination Process," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 62(2), pages 213-221, May.
- Haddad, Mona & Harrison, Ann, 1993. "Are there positive spillovers from direct foreign investment? : Evidence from panel data for Morocco," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 42(1), pages 51-74, October.
- Adams, Samuel, 2008. "Globalization and income inequality: Implications for intellectual property rights," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 30(5), pages 725-735.
- Kokko, Ari, 1994. "Technology, market characteristics, and spillovers," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 43(2), pages 279-293, April.
- Galbraith, James K., 2007. "Global inequality and global macroeconomics," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 29(4), pages 587-607.
- Lipsey, Robert E. & Sjoholm, Fredrik, 2004. "Foreign direct investment, education and wages in Indonesian manufacturing," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 73(1), pages 415-422, February.
- Caves, Richard E, 1974. "Multinational Firms, Competition, and Productivity in Host-Country Markets," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 41(162), pages 176-193, May.
- Manuel Arellano & Stephen Bond, 1991.
"Some Tests of Specification for Panel Data: Monte Carlo Evidence and an Application to Employment Equations,"
Review of Economic Studies,
Oxford University Press, vol. 58(2), pages 277-297.
- Tom Doan, "undated". "RATS program to replicate Arellano-Bond 1991 dynamic panel," Statistical Software Components RTZ00169, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Nigel Driffield & Sourafel Girma, 2003. "Regional Foreign Direct Investment and Wage Spillovers: Plant Level Evidence from the UK Electronics Industry," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 65(4), pages 453-474, September.
- Shinkai, Yoichi, 1980. "Spillovers in Wage Determination: Japanese Evidence," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 62(2), pages 288-292, May.
- Lee, Jong-Eun, 2006. "Inequality and globalization in Europe," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 28(7), pages 791-796, October.
- Takii, Sadayuki, 2005. "Productivity spillovers and characteristics of foreign multinational plants in Indonesian manufacturing 1990-1995," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 76(2), pages 521-542, April.
- Bhagwati, Jagdish, 2004. "Anti-globalization: why?," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 26(4), pages 439-463, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Roberto Ezcurra & Beatriz Manotas, 2015. "Does globalization promote civil war? An empirical research," Documentos de Trabajo - Lan Gaiak Departamento de Economía - Universidad Pública de Navarra 1501, Departamento de Economía - Universidad Pública de Navarra.
- Florina BRAN & Carmen Valentina RÃDULESCU & Ildiko IOAN, 2013. "Globalization’S Progress In Eu: Territorial And Structural Changes," Proceedings of Administration and Public Management International Conference, Research Centre in Public Administration and Public Services, Bucharest, Romania, vol. 9(1), pages 210-219, June.
- Cabral, René & García-Díaz, Rocío & Mollick, André Varella, 2016. "Does globalization affect top income inequality?," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 38(5), pages 916-940.
- Mmolainyane, Kelesego K. & Ahmed, Abdullahi D., 2015. "The impact of financial integration in Botswana," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 37(5), pages 852-874.
- repec:bla:worlde:v:40:y:2017:i:12:p:2592-2610 is not listed on IDEAS
- Lucia P. BLĂJUȚ, 2014. "Multinational Companies And Foreign Direct Investment," SEA - Practical Application of Science, Fundația Română pentru Inteligența Afacerii, Editorial Department, issue 5, pages 143-148, November.
- Ezcurra, Roberto & Rodríguez-Pose, Andrés, 2013.
"Does Economic Globalization affect Regional Inequality? A Cross-country Analysis,"
Elsevier, vol. 52(C), pages 92-103.
- Ezcurra, Roberto & Rodriguez-Pose, Andres, 2013. "Does economic globalization a ffect regional inequality? A cross-country analysis," CEPR Discussion Papers 9557, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Wattanadumrong, Bhagaporn & Collins, Alan & Snell, Martin C., 2014. "Taking the Thai trail: Attracting FDI via macro-level policy," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 36(6), pages 1135-1151.
- repec:taf:oaefxx:v:5:y:2017:i:1:p:1277860 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsFDI Wage spillovers Equity Globalization Multinational companies;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jpolmo:v:33:y:2011:i:3:p:511-521. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505735 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.