How can business cope with terrorism?
"What can business do to cope more successfully with terrorism?" The policy against terrorism available to business is a neglected issue in the scholarly literature especially in so far as individual firms rather than the business sector as a whole are concerned. Two sets of proposals are advanced, based on an economic analysis of terrorism. The first set discusses possibilities to reduce terrorists' incentives to attack business premises; the second part outlines proposals designed to minimize the costs to businesses once a terrorist attack has taken place, hence reducing the impact.
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Carlos Pestana Barros & Isabel Proenca & Joao Ricardo Faria & Luis Gil-Alana, 2007. "Are Usa Citizens At Risk Of Terrorism In Europe?," Defence and Peace Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 18(6), pages 495-507.
- Arie Perliger & Ami Pedahzur, 2006. "Coping with Suicide Attacks: Lessons from Israel," Public Money & Management, Chartered Institute of Public Finance and Accountancy, vol. 26(5), pages 281-286, November.
- Eftychia Nikolaidou, 2007. "Introduction: The Economic And Political Aspects Of State Terrorism, Defence Spending, Wars And International Conflicts," Defence and Peace Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 18(5), pages 403-404.
- Graham Bird & S. Brock Blomberg & Gregory D. Hess, 2008. "International Terrorism: Causes, Consequences and Cures," The World Economy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 31(2), pages 255-274, 02.
- Barros, Carlos Pestana & Passos, Jose & Gil-Alana, Luis A., 2006. "The timing of ETA terrorist attacks," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 28(3), pages 335-346, April.
- Barros, Carlos Pestana & Faria, Joao Ricardo & Gil-Alana, Luis A., 2008. "Terrorism against American citizens in Africa: Related to poverty," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 30(1), pages 55-69.
- Bruno S. Frey & Dominic Rohner, 2005.
"Protecting Cultural Monuments Against Terrorism,"
CREMA Working Paper Series
2005-31, Center for Research in Economics, Management and the Arts (CREMA).
- Ian Bellany, 2007. "Terrorism: Facts From Figures," Defence and Peace Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 18(2), pages 101-112.
- Emizet Kisangani & E. Wayne Nafziger, 2007. "The Political Economy Of State Terror," Defence and Peace Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 18(5), pages 405-414.
- Laurence R. Iannaccone, 1998. "Corrigenda [Introduction to the Economics of Religion]," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 36(4), pages 1941-1941, December.
- Laurence R. Iannaccone, 1998. "Introduction to the Economics of Religion," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 36(3), pages 1465-1495, September.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jpolmo:v:31:y:2009:i:5:p:779-787. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.