Social inequality, disadvantaged neighbourhoods and transport deprivation: an assessment of the historical influence of housing policies
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- John Hills, 2007. "Ends and Means: The future roles of social housing in England," CASE Reports casereport34, Centre for Analysis of Social Exclusion, LSE.
- Anne Power & Nicola Serle & Helen Willmot, 2011. "Obstacles and Opportunities: Today’s children, tomorrow’s families," CASE Reports casereport66, Centre for Analysis of Social Exclusion, LSE.
- Terry Sicular & Yue Ximing & Björn Gustafsson & Li Shi, 2007.
"The Urban–Rural Income Gap And Inequality In China,"
Review of Income and Wealth, International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 53(1), pages 93-126, March.
- Terry Sicular & Ximing Yue & Björn Gustafsson & Shi Li, 2006. "The Urban-Rural Income Gap and Inequality in China," WIDER Working Paper Series RP2006-135, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Power, Anne & Serle, Nicola & Willmot, Helen, 2011. "Obstacles and opportunities: today’s children, tomorrow’s families," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 43806, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Power, Anne, 2008. "Does demolition or refurbishment of old and inefficient homes help to increase our environmental, social and economic viability?," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(12), pages 4487-4501, December.
- World Bank, 2002. "Cities on the Move : A World Bank Urban Transport Strategy Review," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 15232, Juni.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Duvarci, Yavuz & Yigitcanlar, Tan & Mizokami, Shoshi, 2015. "Transportation disadvantage impedance indexing: A methodological approach to reduce policy shortcomings," Journal of Transport Geography, Elsevier, vol. 48(C), pages 61-75.
- Zhao, Pengjun & Bai, Yu, 2019. "The gap between and determinants of growth in car ownership in urban and rural areas of China: A longitudinal data case study," Journal of Transport Geography, Elsevier, vol. 79(C), pages 1-1.
- Xu, Mengya & Xin, Jing & Su, Shiliang & Weng, Min & Cai, Zhongliang, 2017. "Social inequalities of park accessibility in Shenzhen, China: The role of park quality, transport modes, and hierarchical socioeconomic characteristics," Journal of Transport Geography, Elsevier, vol. 62(C), pages 38-50.
- Yu, Shaolu, 2016. "“I am like a deaf, dumb and blind person”: Mobility and immobility of Chinese (im)migrants in Flushing, Queens, New York City," Journal of Transport Geography, Elsevier, vol. 54(C), pages 10-21.
- Martínez-Jaramillo, Juan Esteban & Arango-Aramburo, Santiago & Álvarez-Uribe, Karla C. & Jaramillo-Álvarez, Patricia, 2017. "Assessing the impacts of transport policies through energy system simulation: The case of the Medellin Metropolitan Area, Colombia," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 101(C), pages 101-108.
- McLaren, Arlene Tigar, 2016. "Families and transportation: Moving towards multimodality and altermobility?," Journal of Transport Geography, Elsevier, vol. 51(C), pages 218-225.
- Raul F. C. Miranda & Carolina Grottera & Mario Giampietro, 2016. "Understanding slums: analysis of the metabolic pattern of the Vidigal favela in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil," Environment, Development and Sustainability: A Multidisciplinary Approach to the Theory and Practice of Sustainable Development, Springer, vol. 18(5), pages 1297-1322, October.
- Ahmad, Sohail & Puppim de Oliveira, Jose A., 2016. "Determinants of urban mobility in India: Lessons for promoting sustainable and inclusive urban transportation in developing countries," Transport Policy, Elsevier, vol. 50(C), pages 106-114.
- Rui Xiao & Guofeng Wang & Meng Wang, 2018. "Transportation Disadvantage and Neighborhood Sociodemographics: A Composite Indicator Approach to Examining Social Inequalities," Social Indicators Research: An International and Interdisciplinary Journal for Quality-of-Life Measurement, Springer, vol. 137(1), pages 29-43, May.
More about this item
KeywordsTransport; Urban neighbourhoods; Disadvantage; Environment; Connections;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jotrge:v:21:y:2012:i:c:p:39-48. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Haili He). General contact details of provider: https://www.journals.elsevier.com/journal-of-transport-geography .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.