Efficiency improvement from multiple perspectives: An application to Japanese banking industry
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Juo, Jia-Ching & Fu, Tsu-Tan & Yu, Ming-Miin, 2012. "Non-oriented slack-based decompositions of profit change with an application to Taiwanese banking," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 40(5), pages 550-561.
- Du, Juan & Liang, Liang & Chen, Yao & Cook, Wade D. & Zhu, Joe, 2011. "A bargaining game model for measuring performance of two-stage network structures," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 210(2), pages 390-397, April.
- Nash, John, 1953. "Two-Person Cooperative Games," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 21(1), pages 128-140, April.
- Bergendahl, Goran & Lindblom, Ted, 2008. "Evaluating the performance of Swedish savings banks according to service efficiency," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 185(3), pages 1663-1673, March.
- Paradi, Joseph C. & Schaffnit, Claire, 2004. "Commercial branch performance evaluation and results communication in a Canadian bank--a DEA application," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 156(3), pages 719-735, August.
- Avkiran, Necmi K., 2011. "Association of DEA super-efficiency estimates with financial ratios: Investigating the case for Chinese banks," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 39(3), pages 323-334, June.
- Halkos, George & Salamouris, Dimitrios, 2001. "Efficiency Measures of the Greek Banking Sector: A Non-Parametric Approach for the Period 1997-1999," MPRA Paper 2858, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Nash, John, 1950. "The Bargaining Problem," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 18(2), pages 155-162, April.
- Paradi, Joseph C. & Rouatt, Stephen & Zhu, Haiyan, 2011. "Two-stage evaluation of bank branch efficiency using data envelopment analysis," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 39(1), pages 99-109, January.
- Miller, Merton H, 1977. "Debt and Taxes," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 32(2), pages 261-275, May.
- Avkiran, Necmi K. & Morita, Hiroshi, 2010. "Benchmarking firm performance from a multiple-stakeholder perspective with an application to Chinese banking," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 38(6), pages 501-508, December.
- Dyson, R. G. & Allen, R. & Camanho, A. S. & Podinovski, V. V. & Sarrico, C. S. & Shale, E. A., 2001. "Pitfalls and protocols in DEA," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 132(2), pages 245-259, July.
- Charnes, A. & Cooper, W. W. & Rhodes, E., 1978. "Measuring the efficiency of decision making units," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 2(6), pages 429-444, November.
- Reza Kiani Mavi & Ahmad Makui & Safar Fazli & Alireza Alinezhad, 2010. "A forecasting method in data envelopment analysis with group decision making," International Journal of Applied Management Science, Inderscience Enterprises Ltd, vol. 2(2), pages 152-168.
- Premachandra, I.M. & Chen, Yao & Watson, John, 2011. "DEA as a tool for predicting corporate failure and success: A case of bankruptcy assessment," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 39(6), pages 620-626, December.
- Fadzlan Sufian, 2010. "Evolution in the efficiency of the Indonesian banking sector: a DEA approach," International Journal of Applied Management Science, Inderscience Enterprises Ltd, vol. 2(4), pages 388-414.
- Rashmi Malhotra & D.K. Malhotra & C. Andrew Lafond, 2009. "Analysing financial services industry using data envelopment analysis," International Journal of Applied Management Science, Inderscience Enterprises Ltd, vol. 1(3), pages 217-246.
- Scheel, Holger, 2001. "Undesirable outputs in efficiency valuations," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 132(2), pages 400-410, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Azad, A.S.M. Sohel & Yasushi, Suzuki & Fang, Victor & Ahsan, Amirul, 2014. "Impact of policy changes on the efficiency and returns-to-scale of Japanese financial institutions: An evaluation," Research in International Business and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 32(C), pages 159-171.
- Chang, Dong-Shang & Liu, Wenrong & Yeh, Li-Ting, 2013. "Incorporating the learning effect into data envelopment analysis to measure MSW recycling performance," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 229(2), pages 496-504.
- Kao, Chiang & Liu, Shiang-Tai, 2014. "Multi-period efficiency measurement in data envelopment analysis: The case of Taiwanese commercial banks," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 47(C), pages 90-98.
- Yang, Xiaopeng & Zheng, Danheng & Sieminowski, Tammy & Paradi, Joseph C., 2015. "A dynamic benchmarking system for assessing the recovery of inpatients: Evidence from the neurorehabilitation process," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 240(2), pages 582-591.
- Amir Moradi-Motlagh & Ali Salman Saleh, 2014. "Re-Examining the Technical Efficiency of Australian Banks: A Bootstrap DEA Approach," Australian Economic Papers, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 53(1-2), pages 112-128, June.
- Suzuki, Soushi & Nijkamp, Peter, 2016. "An evaluation of energy-environment-economic efficiency for EU, APEC and ASEAN countries: Design of a Target-Oriented DFM model with fixed factors in Data Envelopment Analysis," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 88(C), pages 100-112.
- repec:spr:annopr:v:253:y:2017:i:1:d:10.1007_s10479-016-2294-1 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:spr:annopr:v:248:y:2017:i:1:d:10.1007_s10479-016-2191-7 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsMultiple perspectives; Data envelopment analysis (DEA); Nash bargaining game (NBG);
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jomega:v:41:y:2013:i:3:p:501-509. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/375/description#description .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.