Optimizing trains movement on a railway network
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Blanco, Víctor & Puerto, Justo & Ramos, Ana B., 2011. "Expanding the Spanish high-speed railway network," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 39(2), pages 138-150, April.
- Qin, Zhongfeng & Ji, Xiaoyu, 2010. "Logistics network design for product recovery in fuzzy environment," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 202(2), pages 479-490, April.
- Yu, Ming-Miin & Lin, Erwin T.J., 2008. "Efficiency and effectiveness in railway performance using a multi-activity network DEA model," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 36(6), pages 1005-1017, December.
- Hong, Sung-Pil & Kim, Kyung Min & Lee, Kyungsik & Hwan Park, Bum, 2009. "A pragmatic algorithm for the train-set routing: The case of Korea high-speed railway," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 37(3), pages 637-645, June.
- Kuo, Ching-Chung & Nicholls, Gillian M., 2007. "A mathematical modeling approach to improving locomotive utilization at a freight railroad," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 35(5), pages 472-485, October.
- He, Shiwei & Song, Rui & Chaudhry, Sohail S., 2000. "Fuzzy dispatching model and genetic algorithms for railyards operations," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 124(2), pages 307-331, July.
- Liu, Rongfang (Rachel) & Golovitcher, Iakov M., 2003. "Energy-efficient operation of rail vehicles," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 37(10), pages 917-932, December.
- Chung, Ji-Won & Oh, Seog-Moon & Choi, In-Chan, 2009. "A hybrid genetic algorithm for train sequencing in the Korean railway," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 37(3), pages 555-565, June.
- Phil Howlett, 2000. "The Optimal Control of a Train," Annals of Operations Research, Springer, vol. 98(1), pages 65-87, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Jaehn, Florian & Rieder, Johannes & Wiehl, Andreas, 2015. "Single-stage shunting minimizing weighted departure times," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 52(C), pages 133-141.
- Salazar-González, Juan-José, 2014. "Approaches to solve the fleet-assignment, aircraft-routing, crew-pairing and crew-rostering problems of a regional carrier," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 43(C), pages 71-82.
- repec:eee:transb:v:105:y:2017:i:c:p:340-361 is not listed on IDEAS
- Yaodong Ni & Zhaojun Zhao, 2017. "Two-agent scheduling problem under fuzzy environment," Journal of Intelligent Manufacturing, Springer, vol. 28(3), pages 739-748, March.
- Cacchiani, Valentina & Furini, Fabio & Kidd, Martin Philip, 2016. "Approaches to a real-world Train Timetabling Problem in a railway node," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 58(C), pages 97-110.
- Scheepmaker, Gerben M. & Goverde, Rob M.P. & Kroon, Leo G., 2017. "Review of energy-efficient train control and timetabling," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 257(2), pages 355-376.
- repec:eee:energy:v:138:y:2017:i:c:p:1124-1147 is not listed on IDEAS
- Kang, Liujiang & Wu, Jianjun & Sun, Huijun & Zhu, Xiaoning & Wang, Bo, 2015. "A practical model for last train rescheduling with train delay in urban railway transit networks," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 50(C), pages 29-42.
- Yang, Lixing & Qi, Jianguo & Li, Shukai & Gao, Yuan, 2016. "Collaborative optimization for train scheduling and train stop planning on high-speed railways," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 64(C), pages 57-76.
- Ye, Hongbo & Liu, Ronghui, 2016. "A multiphase optimal control method for multi-train control and scheduling on railway lines," Transportation Research Part B: Methodological, Elsevier, vol. 93(PA), pages 377-393.
- Yang, Lixing & Zhou, Xuesong & Gao, Ziyou, 2014. "Credibility-based rescheduling model in a double-track railway network: a fuzzy reliable optimization approach," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 48(C), pages 75-93.
- repec:eee:transe:v:109:y:2018:i:c:p:115-138 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:energy:v:151:y:2018:i:c:p:854-863 is not listed on IDEAS
- Wang, Li & Yang, Lixing & Gao, Ziyou, 2016. "The constrained shortest path problem with stochastic correlated link travel times," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 255(1), pages 43-57.
- Zhou, Leishan & Tong, Lu (Carol) & Chen, Junhua & Tang, Jinjin & Zhou, Xuesong, 2017. "Joint optimization of high-speed train timetables and speed profiles: A unified modeling approach using space-time-speed grid networks," Transportation Research Part B: Methodological, Elsevier, vol. 97(C), pages 157-181.
More about this item
KeywordsCoasting control; Genetic algorithm; Energy consumption; Railway network;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jomega:v:40:y:2012:i:5:p:619-633. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/375/description#description .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.