Practical scheduling for call center operations
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Willie B. Henderson & William L. Berry, 1976. "Heuristic Methods for Telephone Operator Shift Scheduling: An Experimental Analysis," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 22(12), pages 1372-1380, August.
- Noah Gans & Ger Koole & Avishai Mandelbaum, 2003. "Telephone Call Centers: Tutorial, Review, and Research Prospects," Manufacturing & Service Operations Management, INFORMS, vol. 5(2), pages 79-141, September.
- Muhlemann, AP, 1981. "A simulation study of the operations of a telephone bureau," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 9(6), pages 633-637.
- J. G. Church, 1973. "Sure Staf: A Computerized Staff Scheduling System for Telephone Business Offices," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 20(4-Part-II), pages 708-720, December.
- Ingolfsson, Armann & Amanul Haque, Md. & Umnikov, Alex, 2002. "Accounting for time-varying queueing effects in workforce scheduling," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 139(3), pages 585-597, June.
- Lawrence Brown & Noah Gans & Avishai Mandelbaum & Anat Sakov & Haipeng Shen & Sergey Zeltyn & Linda Zhao, 2005. "Statistical Analysis of a Telephone Call Center: A Queueing-Science Perspective," Journal of the American Statistical Association, American Statistical Association, vol. 100, pages 36-50, March.
- Gary M. Thompson, 1995. "Improved Implicit Optimal Modeling of the Labor Shift Scheduling Problem," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 41(4), pages 595-607, April.
- Zohar Feldman & Avishai Mandelbaum & William A. Massey & Ward Whitt, 2008. "Staffing of Time-Varying Queues to Achieve Time-Stable Performance," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 54(2), pages 324-338, February.
- O. Garnet & A. Mandelbaum & M. Reiman, 2002. "Designing a Call Center with Impatient Customers," Manufacturing & Service Operations Management, INFORMS, vol. 4(3), pages 208-227, October.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ağralı, Semra & Taşkın, Z. Caner & Ünal, A. Tamer, 2017. "Employee scheduling in service industries with flexible employee availability and demand," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 66(PA), pages 159-169.
- Defraeye, Mieke & Van Nieuwenhuyse, Inneke, 2016. "Staffing and scheduling under nonstationary demand for service: A literature review," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 58(C), pages 4-25.
- Stolletz, Raik & Manitz, Michael, 2013. "The impact of a waiting-time threshold in overflow systems with impatient customers," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 41(2), pages 280-286.
- Schwarz, Justus Arne & Selinka, Gregor & Stolletz, Raik, 2016. "Performance analysis of time-dependent queueing systems: Survey and classification," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 63(C), pages 170-189.
- Van den Bergh, Jorne & Beliën, Jeroen & De Bruecker, Philippe & Demeulemeester, Erik & De Boeck, Liesje, 2013. "Personnel scheduling: A literature review," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 226(3), pages 367-385.
More about this item
KeywordsQueueing Quadratic programming Scheduling Operations management;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jomega:v:39:y:2011:i:5:p:550-557. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/375/description#description .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.