Optimizing Call Center Staffing Using Simulation and Analytic Center Cutting-Plane Methods
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Ward Whitt, 1991. "The Pointwise Stationary Approximation for Mt/Mt/s Queues Is Asymptotically Correct As the Rates Increase," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 37(3), pages 307-314, March.
- Ingolfsson, Armann & Amanul Haque, Md. & Umnikov, Alex, 2002. "Accounting for time-varying queueing effects in workforce scheduling," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 139(3), pages 585-597, June.
- Otis B. Jennings & Avishai Mandelbaum & William A. Massey & Ward Whitt, 1996. "Server Staffing to Meet Time-Varying Demand," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 42(10), pages 1383-1394, October.
- J. L. Goffin & A. Haurie & J. P. Vial, 1992. "Decomposition and Nondifferentiable Optimization with the Projective Algorithm," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 38(2), pages 284-302, February.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Kleijnen, J.P.C. & van Beers, W.C.M. & van Nieuwenhuyse, I., 2008.
"Constrained Optimization in Simulation : A Novel Approach,"
2008-95, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Kleijnen, Jack P.C. & van Beers, W.C.M. & van Nieuwenhuyse, I., 2010. "Constrained optimization in simulation : A novel approach," Other publications TiSEM b3655866-b593-4854-a4fd-5, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Robbins, Thomas R. & Harrison, Terry P., 2010. "A stochastic programming model for scheduling call centers with global Service Level Agreements," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 207(3), pages 1608-1619, December.
- Defraeye, Mieke & Van Nieuwenhuyse, Inneke, 2016. "Staffing and scheduling under nonstationary demand for service: A literature review," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 58(C), pages 4-25.
- Onggo, S. & Pidd, M. & Soopramanien, D. & Worthington, D.J., 2012. "Behavioural modelling of career progression in the European Commission," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 222(3), pages 632-641.
- Schwarz, Justus Arne & Selinka, Gregor & Stolletz, Raik, 2016. "Performance analysis of time-dependent queueing systems: Survey and classification," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 63(C), pages 170-189.
- Örmeci, E. Lerzan & Salman, F. Sibel & Yücel, Eda, 2014. "Staff rostering in call centers providing employee transportation," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 43(C), pages 41-53.
- Tsai, Shing Chih & Zheng, Ya-Xin, 2013. "A simulation optimization approach for a two-echelon inventory system with service level constraints," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 229(2), pages 364-374.
- Ingolfsson, Armann & Campello, Fernanda & Wu, Xudong & Cabral, Edgar, 2010. "Combining integer programming and the randomization method to schedule employees," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 202(1), pages 153-163, April.
- Itai Gurvich & James Luedtke & Tolga Tezcan, 2010. "Staffing Call Centers with Uncertain Demand Forecasts: A Chance-Constrained Optimization Approach," Management Science, INFORMS, pages 1093-1115.
- Van den Bergh, Jorne & Beliën, Jeroen & De Bruecker, Philippe & Demeulemeester, Erik & De Boeck, Liesje, 2013. "Personnel scheduling: A literature review," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 226(3), pages 367-385.
- repec:spr:jglopt:v:67:y:2017:i:4:d:10.1007_s10898-016-0438-0 is not listed on IDEAS
- Kleijnen, Jack P.C. & Beers, Wim van & Nieuwenhuyse, Inneke van, 2010. "Constrained optimization in expensive simulation: Novel approach," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 202(1), pages 164-174, April.
- repec:eee:jomega:v:72:y:2017:i:c:p:25-37 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
Keywordssimulation optimization; call centers; analytic center cutting-plane method;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:inm:ormnsc:v:54:y:2008:i:2:p:295-309. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mirko Janc). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/inforea.html .