Optimizing Call Center Staffing Using Simulation and Analytic Center Cutting-Plane Methods
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Ward Whitt, 1991. "The Pointwise Stationary Approximation for Mt/Mt/s Queues Is Asymptotically Correct As the Rates Increase," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 37(3), pages 307-314, March.
- Ingolfsson, Armann & Amanul Haque, Md. & Umnikov, Alex, 2002. "Accounting for time-varying queueing effects in workforce scheduling," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 139(3), pages 585-597, June.
- Otis B. Jennings & Avishai Mandelbaum & William A. Massey & Ward Whitt, 1996. "Server Staffing to Meet Time-Varying Demand," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 42(10), pages 1383-1394, October.
- J. L. Goffin & A. Haurie & J. P. Vial, 1992. "Decomposition and Nondifferentiable Optimization with the Projective Algorithm," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 38(2), pages 284-302, February.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Kleijnen, J.P.C. & van Beers, W.C.M. & van Nieuwenhuyse, I., 2008.
"Constrained Optimization in Simulation : A Novel Approach,"
2008-95, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Kleijnen, Jack P.C. & van Beers, W.C.M. & van Nieuwenhuyse, I., 2010. "Constrained optimization in simulation : A novel approach," Other publications TiSEM b3655866-b593-4854-a4fd-5, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Robbins, Thomas R. & Harrison, Terry P., 2010. "A stochastic programming model for scheduling call centers with global Service Level Agreements," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 207(3), pages 1608-1619, December.
- Defraeye, Mieke & Van Nieuwenhuyse, Inneke, 2016. "Staffing and scheduling under nonstationary demand for service: A literature review," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 58(C), pages 4-25.
- Onggo, S. & Pidd, M. & Soopramanien, D. & Worthington, D.J., 2012. "Behavioural modelling of career progression in the European Commission," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 222(3), pages 632-641.
- Schwarz, Justus Arne & Selinka, Gregor & Stolletz, Raik, 2016. "Performance analysis of time-dependent queueing systems: Survey and classification," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 63(C), pages 170-189.
- Örmeci, E. Lerzan & Salman, F. Sibel & Yücel, Eda, 2014. "Staff rostering in call centers providing employee transportation," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 43(C), pages 41-53.
- Tsai, Shing Chih & Zheng, Ya-Xin, 2013. "A simulation optimization approach for a two-echelon inventory system with service level constraints," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 229(2), pages 364-374.
- Ingolfsson, Armann & Campello, Fernanda & Wu, Xudong & Cabral, Edgar, 2010. "Combining integer programming and the randomization method to schedule employees," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 202(1), pages 153-163, April.
- Itai Gurvich & James Luedtke & Tolga Tezcan, 2010. "Staffing Call Centers with Uncertain Demand Forecasts: A Chance-Constrained Optimization Approach," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 56(7), pages 1093-1115, July.
- Van den Bergh, Jorne & Beliën, Jeroen & De Bruecker, Philippe & Demeulemeester, Erik & De Boeck, Liesje, 2013. "Personnel scheduling: A literature review," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 226(3), pages 367-385.
- repec:spr:jglopt:v:67:y:2017:i:4:d:10.1007_s10898-016-0438-0 is not listed on IDEAS
- Kleijnen, Jack P.C. & Beers, Wim van & Nieuwenhuyse, Inneke van, 2010. "Constrained optimization in expensive simulation: Novel approach," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 202(1), pages 164-174, April.
- repec:eee:jomega:v:72:y:2017:i:c:p:25-37 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
Keywordssimulation optimization; call centers; analytic center cutting-plane method;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:inm:ormnsc:v:54:y:2008:i:2:p:295-309. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mirko Janc). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/inforea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.