Staffing Multiskill Call Centers via Linear Programming and Simulation
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Athanassios N. Avramidis & Alexandre Deslauriers & Pierre L'Ecuyer, 2004. "Modeling Daily Arrivals to a Telephone Call Center," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 50(7), pages 896-908, July.
- Noah Gans & Ger Koole & Avishai Mandelbaum, 2003. "Telephone Call Centers: Tutorial, Review, and Research Prospects," Manufacturing & Service Operations Management, INFORMS, vol. 5(2), pages 79-141, September.
- Otis B. Jennings & Avishai Mandelbaum & William A. Massey & Ward Whitt, 1996. "Server Staffing to Meet Time-Varying Demand," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 42(10), pages 1383-1394, October.
- Rodney B. Wallace & Ward Whitt, 2005. "A Staffing Algorithm for Call Centers with Skill-Based Routing," Manufacturing & Service Operations Management, INFORMS, vol. 7(4), pages 276-294, August.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- James W. Taylor, 2012. "Density Forecasting of Intraday Call Center Arrivals Using Models Based on Exponential Smoothing," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 58(3), pages 534-549, March.
- Terekhov, Daria & Christopher Beck, J., 2009. "An extended queueing control model for facilities with front room and back room operations and mixed-skilled workers," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 198(1), pages 223-231, October.
- Kleijnen, J.P.C. & van Beers, W.C.M. & van Nieuwenhuyse, I., 2008.
"Constrained Optimization in Simulation : A Novel Approach,"
2008-95, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Kleijnen, Jack P.C. & van Beers, W.C.M. & van Nieuwenhuyse, I., 2010. "Constrained optimization in simulation : A novel approach," Other publications TiSEM b3655866-b593-4854-a4fd-5, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Rouba Ibrahim & Pierre L'Ecuyer, 2013. "Forecasting Call Center Arrivals: Fixed-Effects, Mixed-Effects, and Bivariate Models," Manufacturing & Service Operations Management, INFORMS, vol. 15(1), pages 72-85, May.
- Defraeye, Mieke & Van Nieuwenhuyse, Inneke, 2016. "Staffing and scheduling under nonstationary demand for service: A literature review," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 58(C), pages 4-25.
- Örmeci, E. Lerzan & Salman, F. Sibel & Yücel, Eda, 2014. "Staff rostering in call centers providing employee transportation," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 43(C), pages 41-53.
- Tsai, Shing Chih & Zheng, Ya-Xin, 2013. "A simulation optimization approach for a two-echelon inventory system with service level constraints," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 229(2), pages 364-374.
- Tsai, Shing Chih & Fu, Sheng Yang, 2014. "Genetic-algorithm-based simulation optimization considering a single stochastic constraint," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 236(1), pages 113-125.
- Kiygi Calli, M. & Weverbergh, M. & Franses, Ph.H.B.F., 2017. "Call center performance with direct response advertising," Econometric Institute Research Papers EI2017-04, Erasmus University Rotterdam, Erasmus School of Economics (ESE), Econometric Institute.
- Ingolfsson, Armann & Campello, Fernanda & Wu, Xudong & Cabral, Edgar, 2010. "Combining integer programming and the randomization method to schedule employees," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 202(1), pages 153-163, April.
- Itai Gurvich & James Luedtke & Tolga Tezcan, 2010. "Staffing Call Centers with Uncertain Demand Forecasts: A Chance-Constrained Optimization Approach," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 56(7), pages 1093-1115, July.
- Van den Bergh, Jorne & Beliën, Jeroen & De Bruecker, Philippe & Demeulemeester, Erik & De Boeck, Liesje, 2013. "Personnel scheduling: A literature review," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 226(3), pages 367-385.
- H. L. Prasad & L. A. Prashanth & Shalabh Bhatnagar & Nirmit Desai, 2013. "Adaptive Smoothed Functional Algorithms for Optimal Staffing Levels in Service Systems," Service Science, INFORMS, vol. 5(1), pages 29-55, March.
- repec:spr:orspec:v:39:y:2017:i:4:d:10.1007_s00291-017-0487-x is not listed on IDEAS
- Sandjai Bhulai & Ger Koole & Auke Pot, 2008. "Simple Methods for Shift Scheduling in Multiskill Call Centers," Manufacturing & Service Operations Management, INFORMS, vol. 10(3), pages 411-420, December.
- Kleijnen, Jack P.C. & Beers, Wim van & Nieuwenhuyse, Inneke van, 2010. "Constrained optimization in expensive simulation: Novel approach," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 202(1), pages 164-174, April.
- repec:eee:jomega:v:72:y:2017:i:c:p:25-37 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
Keywordscall centers; staffing; optimization by simulation; integer programming; cutting planes; skill-based routing; subgradient cuts;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:inm:ormnsc:v:54:y:2008:i:2:p:310-323. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mirko Janc). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/inforea.html .