Designing a Call Center with Impatient Customers
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Hoffman, Karla L. & Harris, Carl M., 1986. "Estimation of a caller retrial rate for a telephone information system," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 27(2), pages 207-214, October.
- Ward Whitt, 1992. "Understanding the Efficiency of Multi-Server Service Systems," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 38(5), pages 708-723, May.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Aguir, M. Salah & Aksin, O. Zeynep & Karaesmen, Fikri & Dallery, Yves, 2008. "On the interaction between retrials and sizing of call centers," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 191(2), pages 398-408, December.
- Kaplan, Edward H., 2013. "Staffing models for covert counterterrorism agencies," Socio-Economic Planning Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 47(1), pages 2-8.
- Walsh Zuñiga, Alexander, 2014. "Fluid limits of many-server queues with abandonments, general service and continuous patience time distributions," Stochastic Processes and their Applications, Elsevier, vol. 124(3), pages 1436-1468.
- repec:eee:ejores:v:261:y:2017:i:3:p:1110-1124 is not listed on IDEAS
- Dietz, Dennis C., 2011. "Practical scheduling for call center operations," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 39(5), pages 550-557, October.
- Jouini, Oualid & Pot, Auke & Koole, Ger & Dallery, Yves, 2010. "Online scheduling policies for multiclass call centers with impatient customers," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 207(1), pages 258-268, November.
- Sobkowicz, Pawel, 2016. "Agent based model of effects of task allocation strategies in flat organizations," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 458(C), pages 17-30.
- repec:eee:ejores:v:265:y:2018:i:3:p:919-930 is not listed on IDEAS
- Ibrahim, Rouba & Ye, Han & L’Ecuyer, Pierre & Shen, Haipeng, 2016. "Modeling and forecasting call center arrivals: A literature survey and a case study," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 32(3), pages 865-874.
- Defraeye, Mieke & Van Nieuwenhuyse, Inneke, 2016. "Staffing and scheduling under nonstationary demand for service: A literature review," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 58(C), pages 4-25.
- Liu, Yunan & Whitt, Ward, 2017. "Stabilizing performance in a service system with time-varying arrivals and customer feedback," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 256(2), pages 473-486.
- repec:eee:ejores:v:276:y:2019:i:2:p:614-625 is not listed on IDEAS
- Lee, Chihoon & Weerasinghe, Ananda, 2011. "Convergence of a queueing system in heavy traffic with general patience-time distributions," Stochastic Processes and their Applications, Elsevier, vol. 121(11), pages 2507-2552, November.
- Jouini, Oualid & Dallery, Yves & Aksin, Zeynep, 2009. "Queueing models for full-flexible multi-class call centers with real-time anticipated delays," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 120(2), pages 389-399, August.
- van Leeuwaarden, Johan S.H. & Knessl, Charles, 2011. "Transient behavior of the Halfin-Whitt diffusion," Stochastic Processes and their Applications, Elsevier, vol. 121(7), pages 1524-1545, July.
- Aktekin, Tevfik, 2014. "Call center service process analysis: Bayesian parametric and semi-parametric mixture modeling," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 234(3), pages 709-719.
More about this item
KeywordsTele-Queues; Erlang C; Erlang A; Telephone Call and Contact Centers; Multiserver Exponential Queues; Workforce Management or Staffing; Queues with Abandonment; Diffusion Approxiamtion;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:inm:ormsom:v:4:y:2002:i:3:p:208-227. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Matthew Walls). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/inforea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.