Adopters and non-adopters of e-procurement in Singapore: An empirical study
This study examines various factors associated with the adoption of e-procurement. A survey questionnaire was administered to collect data from 141 companies in Singapore. Using logistic regression analysis, we found that firm size, top management support, perceived indirect benefits, and business partner influence are positively and significantly associated with the adoption of e-procurement. Further, industry type does not show any relationship with e-procurement adoption. Implications of our results are discussed.
Volume (Year): 37 (2009)
Issue (Month): 5 (October)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/375/description#description|
|Order Information:|| Postal: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/supportfaq.cws_home/regional|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Yao, Dong-Qing & Yue, Xiaohang & Liu, John, 2008. "Vertical cost information sharing in a supply chain with value-adding retailers," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 36(5), pages 838-851, October.
- Kelle, Peter & Akbulut, Asli, 2005. "The role of ERP tools in supply chain information sharing, cooperation, and cost optimization," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 93(1), pages 41-52, January.
- Claes Cassel & Peter Hackl & Anders Westlund, 1999. "Robustness of partial least-squares method for estimating latent variable quality structures," Journal of Applied Statistics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 26(4), pages 435-446.
- Ordanini, Andrea & Micelli, Stefano & Di Maria, Eleonora, 2004. "Failure and Success of B-to-B Exchange Business Models:: A Contingent Analysis of Their Performance," European Management Journal, Elsevier, vol. 22(3), pages 281-289, June.
- E. Burton Swanson, 1994. "Information Systems Innovation Among Organizations," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 40(9), pages 1069-1092, September.
- Taylor, W. A., 1997. "Leadership challenges for smaller organisations: Self-perceptions of TQM implementation," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 25(5), pages 567-579, October.
- Ngai, E.W.T. & Lai, Kee-Hung & Cheng, T.C.E., 2008. "Logistics information systems: The Hong Kong experience," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 113(1), pages 223-234, May.
- Gunasekaran, Angappa & Lai, Kee-hung & Edwin Cheng, T.C., 2008. "Responsive supply chain: A competitive strategy in a networked economy," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 36(4), pages 549-564, August.
- Zhu, Qinghua & Sarkis, Joseph & Cordeiro, James J. & Lai, Kee-Hung, 2008. "Firm-level correlates of emergent green supply chain management practices in the Chinese context," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 36(4), pages 577-591, August.
- Balan, S. & Vrat, Prem & Kumar, Pradeep, 2009. "Information distortion in a supply chain and its mitigation using soft computing approach," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 37(2), pages 282-299, April.
- Frank M. Bass, 1995. "Empirical Generalizations and Marketing Science: A Personal View," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 14(3_supplem), pages G6-G19.
- Thong, J. Y. L. & Yap, C. S., 1995. "CEO characteristics, organizational characteristics and information technology adoption in small businesses," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 23(4), pages 429-442, August.
- Chow, Wing S. & Madu, Christian N. & Kuei, Chu-Hua & Lu, Min H. & Lin, Chinho & Tseng, Hojung, 2008. "Supply chain management in the US and Taiwan: An empirical study," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 36(5), pages 665-679, October.
- Yang, Jie & Wang, Jinjun & Wong, Christina W.Y. & Lai, Kee-Hung, 2008. "Relational stability and alliance performance in supply chain," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 36(4), pages 600-608, August.
- D'Amours, Sophie & Montreuil, Benoit & Lefrancois, Pierre & Soumis, Francois, 1999. "Networked manufacturing:: The impact of information sharing," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 58(1), pages 63-79, January.
- Naresh K. Malhotra & Sung S. Kim & Ashutosh Patil, 2006. "Common Method Variance in IS Research: A Comparison of Alternative Approaches and a Reanalysis of Past Research," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 52(12), pages 1865-1883, December.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jomega:v:37:y:2009:i:5:p:972-987. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.