The material and immaterial in conflict: Spirituality reduces conspicuous consumption
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Kerwin Kofi Charles & Erik Hurst & Nikolai Roussanov, 2009. "Conspicuous Consumption and Race," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 124(2), pages 425-467.
- Wilfred Amaldoss & Sanjay Jain, 2005. "Conspicuous Consumption and Sophisticated Thinking," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 51(10), pages 1449-1466, October.
- Sood, James & Nasu, Yukio, 1995. "Religiosity and nationality : An exploratory study of their effect on consumer behavior in Japan and the United States," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 34(1), pages 1-9, September.
- Davies, Emma & Lea, Stephen E. G., 1995. "Student attitudes to student debt," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 16(4), pages 663-679, December.
- Burroughs, James E & Rindfleisch, Aric, 2002. " Materialism and Well-Being: A Conflicting Values Perspective," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 29(3), pages 348-370, December.
- Watson, John J., 2003. "The relationship of materialism to spending tendencies, saving, and debt," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 24(6), pages 723-739, December.
- Kilbourne, William & Grünhagen, Marko & Foley, Janice, 2005. "A cross-cultural examination of the relationship between materialism and individual values," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 26(5), pages 624-641, October.
- Wendy Wan & Chung-Leung Luk & Oliver Yau & Alan Tse & Leo Sin & Kenneth Kwong & Raymond Chow, 2009. "Do Traditional Chinese Cultural Values Nourish a Market for Pirated CDs?," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 88(1), pages 185-196, April.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Guven, Cahit, 2012.
"Reversing the question: Does happiness affect consumption and savings behavior?,"
Journal of Economic Psychology,
Elsevier, vol. 33(4), pages 701-717.
- Guven, Cahit, 2008. "Reversing the question. Does happiness affect consumption and savings behavior?," Economics Series eco_2008_20, Deakin University, Faculty of Business and Law, School of Accounting, Economics and Finance.
- Cahit Guven, 2009. "Reversing the Question: Does Happiness Affect Consumption and Savings Behavior?," SOEPpapers on Multidisciplinary Panel Data Research 219, DIW Berlin, The German Socio-Economic Panel (SOEP).
- Yulei Rao & Lixing Mei & Rui Zhu, 2016. "Happiness and Stock-Market Participation: Empirical Evidence from China," Journal of Happiness Studies, Springer, vol. 17(1), pages 271-293, February.
- Holger Strulik, 2016.
"Secularization And Long-Run Economic Growth,"
Western Economic Association International, vol. 54(1), pages 177-200, January.
- Strulik, Holger, 2015. "Secularization and long-run economic growth," Center for European, Governance and Economic Development Research Discussion Papers 234, University of Goettingen, Department of Economics.
- Strulik, Holger, 2016.
"An economic theory of religious belief,"
Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 128(C), pages 35-46.
- Strulik, Holger, 2016. "An economic theory of religious belief," Center for European, Governance and Economic Development Research Discussion Papers 273, University of Goettingen, Department of Economics.
- Strulik, Holger, 2016. "An Economic Theory of Religious Belief," Annual Conference 2016 (Augsburg): Demographic Change 145591, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.
- repec:eee:touman:v:62:y:2017:i:c:p:147-158 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsSpirituality; Religion; Materialism; Conspicuous consumption; Spending;
- Z12 - Other Special Topics - - Cultural Economics - - - Religion
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:joepsy:v:33:y:2012:i:1:p:1-7. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/joep .