Financial capability and psychological health
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Blanchflower, David G. & Oswald, Andrew J., 2004.
"Well-being over time in Britain and the USA,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, pages 1359-1386.
- David G. Blanchflower & Andrew J. Oswald, 2000. "Well-Being Over Time in Britain and the USA," NBER Working Papers 7487, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Blanchflower, David G. & Oswald, Andrew J., 2001. "Well-Being Over Time in Britain and the USA," The Warwick Economics Research Paper Series (TWERPS) 616, University of Warwick, Department of Economics.
- Clark, Andrew E & Georgellis, Yannis & Sanfey, Peter, 2001.
"Scarring: The Psychological Impact of Past Unemployment,"
London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 68(270), pages 221-241, May.
- Andrew Clark & Yannis Georgellis & Peter Sanfey, 1999. "Scarring: The Psychological Impact of Past Unemployment," Studies in Economics 9903, School of Economics, University of Kent.
- Easterlin, Richard A, 2001. "Income and Happiness: Towards an Unified Theory," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 111(473), pages 465-484, July.
- Brown, Sarah & Taylor, Karl & Wheatley Price, Stephen, 2005. "Debt and distress: Evaluating the psychological cost of credit," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 26(5), pages 642-663, October.
- Frey, Bruno S & Stutzer, Alois, 2000.
"Happiness, Economy and Institutions,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 110(466), pages 918-938, October.
- Bruno S. Frey & Alois Stutzer, "undated". "Happiness, Economy and Institutions," IEW - Working Papers 015, Institute for Empirical Research in Economics - University of Zurich.
- Bruno S. Frey & Alois Stutzer, 2000. "Happiness, Economy and Institutions," CESifo Working Paper Series 246, CESifo Group Munich.
- Bridges, Sarah & Disney, Richard, 2010. "Debt and depression," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 29(3), pages 388-403, May.
- Cappellari, Lorenzo & Jenkins, Stephen P., 2006. "Summarizing multiple deprivation indicators," ISER Working Paper Series 2006-40, Institute for Social and Economic Research.
- Katharina Hauck & Nigel Rice, 2004. "A longitudinal analysis of mental health mobility in Britain," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 13(10), pages 981-1001.
- Clark, Andrew E & Oswald, Andrew J, 1994. "Unhappiness and Unemployment," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 104(424), pages 648-659, May.
- Adele Atkinson & Stephen McKay & Sharon Collard & Elaine Kempson, 2007. "Levels of Financial Capability in the UK," Public Money & Management, Taylor & Francis Journals, pages 29-36.
- Ingrid Robeyns, 2005. "The Capability Approach: a theoretical survey," Journal of Human Development and Capabilities, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 6(1), pages 93-117.
- S. Dellavigna., 2011.
"Psychology and Economics: Evidence from the Field,"
N.P. Redaktsiya zhurnala "Voprosy Economiki", vol. 5.
- Stefano DellaVigna, 2009. "Psychology and Economics: Evidence from the Field," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 47(2), pages 315-372, June.
- S. Dellavigna., 2011. "Psychology and Economics: Evidence from the Field," VOPROSY ECONOMIKI, N.P. Redaktsiya zhurnala "Voprosy Economiki", vol. 4.
- Angela A. Hung & Joanne Yoong, 2010. "Asking for Help: Survey And Experimental Evidence on Financial Advice And Behavior Change," Working Papers 714-1, RAND Corporation.
- Marmot, Michael & Ryff, Carol D. & Bumpass, Larry L. & Shipley, Martin & Marks, Nadine F., 1997. "Social inequalities in health: Next questions and converging evidence," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 44(6), pages 901-910, March.
- Mark Taylor, 2011. "Measuring Financial Capability and its Determinants Using Survey Data," Social Indicators Research: An International and Interdisciplinary Journal for Quality-of-Life Measurement, Springer, vol. 102(2), pages 297-314, June.
- Lea, Stephen E. G. & Webley, Paul & Levine, R. Mark, 1993. "The economic psychology of consumer debt," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 14(1), pages 85-119, March.
- Wildman, John, 2003. "Income related inequalities in mental health in Great Britain: analysing the causes of health inequality over time," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 22(2), pages 295-312, March.
- Arber, Sara, 1991. "Class, paid employment and family roles: Making sense of structural disadvantage, gender and health status," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 32(4), pages 425-436, January.
- Paul Frijters & John P. Haisken-DeNew & Michael A. Shields, 2004. "Investigating the Patterns and Determinants of Life Satisfaction in Germany Following Reunification," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 39(3).
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:eee:jeborg:v:142:y:2017:i:c:p:404-424 is not listed on IDEAS
- Guven, Cahit, 2012.
"Reversing the question: Does happiness affect consumption and savings behavior?,"
Journal of Economic Psychology,
Elsevier, pages 701-717.
- Cahit Guven, 2008. "Reversing the Question. Does Happiness Affect Consumption and Savings Behavior?," Economics Series 2008_20, Deakin University, Faculty of Business and Law, School of Accounting, Economics and Finance.
- Cahit Guven, 2009. "Reversing the Question: Does Happiness Affect Consumption and Savings Behavior?," SOEPpapers on Multidisciplinary Panel Data Research 219, DIW Berlin, The German Socio-Economic Panel (SOEP).
- Alex Bryson & Michael White, 2016.
"Not so dissatisfied after all? The impact of union coverage on job satisfaction,"
Oxford Economic Papers,
Oxford University Press, vol. 68(4), pages 898-919.
- Dr Alex Bryson, 2013. "Not So Dissatisfied After All? The Impact of Union Coverage on Job Satisfaction," National Institute of Economic and Social Research (NIESR) Discussion Papers 412, National Institute of Economic and Social Research.
- Alex Bryson & Michael White, 2014. "Not So Dissatisfied After All? The Impact of Union Coverage on Job Satisfaction," CEP Discussion Papers dp1271, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Bryson, Alex & White, Michael, 2014. "Not so dissatisfied after all? The impact of union coverage on job satisfaction," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 60171, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Ayllón, Sara & Fusco, Alessio, 2017.
"Are income poverty and perceptions of financial difficulties dynamically interrelated?,"
Journal of Economic Psychology,
Elsevier, pages 103-114.
- AYLLON Sara & FUSCO Alessio, 2016. "Are income poverty and perceptions of financial difficulties dynamically interrelated?," LISER Working Paper Series 2016-05, LISER.
- Bryce L. Jorgensen & Diane Foster & Jakob F. Jensen & Elisabete Vieira, 2017. "Financial Attitudes and Responsible Spending Behavior of Emerging Adults: Does Geographic Location Matter?," Journal of Family and Economic Issues, Springer, vol. 38(1), pages 70-83, March.
- Dennis, Charles & Alamanos, Eleftherios & Papagiannidis, Savvas & Bourlakis, Michael, 2016. "Does social exclusion influence multiple channel use? The interconnections with community, happiness, and well-being," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 69(3), pages 1061-1070.
- Giuseppe Arcangelis & Majlinda Joxhe, 2015.
"How do migrants save? Evidence from the British Household Panel Survey on temporary and permanent migrants versus natives,"
IZA Journal of Migration,
Springer;Forschungsinstitut zur Zukunft der Arbeit GmbH (IZA), vol. 4(1), pages 1-23, December.
- Giuseppe De Arcangelis & Majlinda Joxhe, 2014. "How Do Migrants Save? Evidence from the British Household Panel Survey on Temporary and Permanent Migrants versus Natives," Working Papers 11/14, Sapienza University of Rome, DISS.
- Reeves, Aaron & McKee, Martin & Mackenbach, Johan & Whitehead, Margaret & Stuckler, David, 2017. "Introduction of a national minimum wage reduceddepressive symptoms in low-wage workers:a quasi-natural experiment in the UK," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 66485, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Maria Mercedes Teijeiro Álvarez (ed.), 2013. "Investigaciones de Economía de la Educación," E-books Investigaciones de Economía de la Educación, Asociación de Economía de la Educación, edition 1, volume 8, number 08, September.
- Brown, Sarah & Ghosh, Pulak & Taylor, Karl, 2014. "The existence and persistence of household financial hardship: A Bayesian multivariate dynamic logit framework," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 46(C), pages 285-298.
More about this item
KeywordsFinancial capability; Psychological health; Wellbeing; Panel data; BHPS;
- C23 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Models with Panel Data; Spatio-temporal Models
- I32 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Welfare, Well-Being, and Poverty - - - Measurement and Analysis of Poverty
- D14 - Microeconomics - - Household Behavior - - - Household Saving; Personal Finance
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:joepsy:v:32:y:2011:i:5:p:710-723. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/joep .