Trust and reciprocity decisions: The differing perspectives of trustors and trusted parties
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Gneezy, Uri & Guth, Werner & Verboven, Frank, 2000.
"Presents or investments? An experimental analysis,"
Journal of Economic Psychology,
Elsevier, vol. 21(5), pages 481-493, October.
- Gneezy, Uri & Güth, Werner & Verboven, Frank, 1998. "Presents or investments? An experimental analysis," SFB 373 Discussion Papers 1998,56, Humboldt University of Berlin, Interdisciplinary Research Project 373: Quantification and Simulation of Economic Processes.
- Gneezy, U. & Güth, W. & Verboven, F.L., 1998. "Presents or investments? An experimental analysis," Discussion Paper 1998-44, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Andreoni, James, 1995.
"Cooperation in Public-Goods Experiments: Kindness or Confusion?,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 85(4), pages 891-904, September.
- Andreoni, J., 1993. "Cooperation in Public Goods Experiments: Kindness or Confusion?," Working papers 9309, Wisconsin Madison - Social Systems.
- Carroll, John S. & Bazerman, Max H. & Maury, Robin, 1988. "Negotiator cognitions: A descriptive approach to negotiators' understanding of their opponents," Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, Elsevier, vol. 41(3), pages 352-370, June.
- Andreas Ortmann & John Fitzgerald & Carl Boeing, 2000. "Trust, Reciprocity, and Social History: A Re-examination," Experimental Economics, Springer;Economic Science Association, vol. 3(1), pages 81-100, June.
- Berg Joyce & Dickhaut John & McCabe Kevin, 1995. "Trust, Reciprocity, and Social History," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 10(1), pages 122-142, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Brandts, Jordi & Solà, Carles, 2010.
"Personal relations and their effect on behavior in an organizational setting: An experimental study,"
Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 73(2), pages 246-253, February.
- Jordi Brandts & Carles Solà, 2006. "Personal Relations and their Effect on Behavior in an Organizational Setting: An Experimental Study," UFAE and IAE Working Papers 692.07, Unitat de Fonaments de l'Anàlisi Econòmica (UAB) and Institut d'Anàlisi Econòmica (CSIC).
- Güth, Werner & Mugera, Harriet & Musau, Andrew & Ploner, Matteo, 2014.
"Deterministic versus probabilistic consequences of trust and trustworthiness: An experimental investigation,"
Journal of Economic Psychology,
Elsevier, vol. 42(C), pages 28-40.
- Werner Güth & Harriet Mugera & Andrew Musau & Matteo Ploner, 2012. "Intentions and Consequences An Experimental Investigation of Trust and Reciprocity Determinants," Jena Economic Research Papers 2012-029, Friedrich-Schiller-University Jena.
- Huang, Li & Murnighan, J. Keith, 2010. "What's in a name? Subliminally activating trusting behavior," Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, Elsevier, vol. 111(1), pages 62-70, January.
- Hong, Kessely & Bohnet, Iris, 2007.
"Status and distrust: The relevance of inequality and betrayal aversion,"
Journal of Economic Psychology,
Elsevier, vol. 28(2), pages 197-213, April.
- Hong, Kesseley & Bohnet, Iris, 2004. "Status and Distrust: The Relevance of Inequality and Betrayal Aversion," Working Paper Series rwp04-041, Harvard University, John F. Kennedy School of Government.
- Dora Lau & Jun Liu & Ping Fu, 2007. "Feeling trusted by business leaders in China: Antecedents and the mediating role of value congruence," Asia Pacific Journal of Management, Springer, vol. 24(3), pages 321-340, September.
- Levine, Emma E. & Schweitzer, Maurice E., 2015. "Prosocial lies: When deception breeds trust," Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, Elsevier, vol. 126(C), pages 88-106.
- Greig, Fiona & Bohnet, Iris, 2005. "Is There Reciprocity in a Reciprocal Exchange Economy? Evidence from a Slum in Nairobi, Kenya," Working Paper Series rwp05-044, Harvard University, John F. Kennedy School of Government.
- Al-Ississ, Mohamad & Bohnet, Iris, 2016. "Risk mitigation and trust: Experimental Evidence from Jordan and the United States," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 53(C), pages 83-98.
- Yang, Fanzheng, 2013. "Using laboratory experiments to study otherwise unobservable labor market interactions," ISU General Staff Papers 201301010800004100, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Manapat, Michael L. & Nowak, Martin A. & Rand, David G., 2013. "Information, irrationality, and the evolution of trust," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 90(S), pages 57-75.
- repec:eee:joinma:v:39:y:2017:i:c:p:27-38 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:joinma:v:28:y:2014:i:3:p:184-195 is not listed on IDEAS
- Bohnet, Iris & Meier, Stephan, 2005. "Deciding to Distrust," Working Paper Series rwp05-049, Harvard University, John F. Kennedy School of Government.
- Song, Fei, 2009. "Intergroup trust and reciprocity in strategic interactions: Effects of group decision-making mechanisms," Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, Elsevier, vol. 108(1), pages 164-173, January.
- Mislin, Alexandra & Williams, Lisa V. & Shaughnessy, Brooke A., 2015. "Motivating trust: Can mood and incentives increase interpersonal trust?," Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Economics (formerly The Journal of Socio-Economics), Elsevier, vol. 58(C), pages 11-19.
- Evans, Anthony M. & Athenstaedt, Ursula & Krueger, Joachim I., 2013. "The development of trust and altruism during childhood," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 36(C), pages 82-95.
- Anthony M. Evans & Joachim I. Krueger, 2014. "Outcomes and expectations in dilemmas of trust," Judgment and Decision Making, Society for Judgment and Decision Making, vol. 9(2), pages 90-103, March.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jobhdp:v:94:y:2004:i:2:p:61-73. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/obhdp .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.