The conflicting choices of alternating selves
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Thaler, Richard H & Shefrin, H M, 1981. "An Economic Theory of Self-Control," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 89(2), pages 392-406, April.
- Deshpande, Rohit & Hoyer, Wayne D & Donthu, Naveen, 1986. " The Intensity of Ethnic Affiliation: A Study of the Sociology of Hispanic Consumption," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 13(2), pages 214-220, September.
- George A. Akerlof & Rachel E. Kranton, 2000. "Economics and Identity," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 115(3), pages 715-753.
- Mannetti, Lucia & Pierro, Antonio & Kruglanski, Arie, 2007. "Who regrets more after choosing a non-status-quo option? Post decisional regret under need for cognitive closure," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 28(2), pages 186-196, April.
- George A. Akerlof & Rachel E. Kranton, 2002. "Identity and Schooling: Some Lessons for the Economics of Education," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 40(4), pages 1167-1201, December.
- George A. Akerlof & Rachel E. Kranton, 2005. "Identity and the Economics of Organizations," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 19(1), pages 9-32, Winter.
- S. Christian Wheeler & Jonah Berger, 2007. "When the Same Prime Leads to Different Effects," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 34(3), pages 357-368, July.
- Schelling, Thomas C, 1984. "Self-Command in Practice, in Policy, and in a Theory of Rational Choice," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 74(2), pages 1-11, May.
- Tsiros, Michael, 1998. "Effect of Regret on Post-choice Valuation: The Case of More Than Two Alternatives," Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, Elsevier, vol. 76(1), pages 48-69, October.
- Andrade, Eduardo B. & Ariely, Dan, 2009. "The enduring impact of transient emotions on decision making," Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, Elsevier, vol. 109(1), pages 1-8, May.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:eee:deveco:v:129:y:2017:i:c:p:47-57 is not listed on IDEAS
- Newark, Daniel A., 2014. "Indecision and the construction of self," Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, Elsevier, vol. 125(2), pages 162-174.
- Vollan, Björn & Landmann, Andreas & Zhou, Yexin & Hu, Biliang & Herrmann-Pillath, Carsten, 2017.
"Cooperation and authoritarian values: An experimental study in China,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 93(C), pages 90-105.
- Bjï¿½rn Vollan & Yexin Zhou & Andreas Landmann & Biliang Hu & Carsten Herrmann-Pillath, 2013. "Cooperation and Authoritarian Values: An experimental study in China," Working Papers 2013-14, Faculty of Economics and Statistics, University of Innsbruck, revised Jun 2015.
- Hoff, Karla & Pandey, Priyanka, 2014. "Making up people—The effect of identity on performance in a modernizing society," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 106(C), pages 118-131.
- Uba, Chijioke Dike & Chatzidakis, Andreas, 2016. "Understanding engagement and disengagement from pro-environmental behaviour: The role of neutralization and affirmation techniques in maintaining persistence in and desistance from car use," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 94(C), pages 278-294.
- Yang, Defeng & Lu, Yue & Zhu, Wenting & Su, Chenting, 2015. "Going green: How different advertising appeals impact green consumption behavior," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 68(12), pages 2663-2675.
- repec:eee:enepol:v:113:y:2018:i:c:p:87-93 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsChoice Preference reversals Behavioral decision theory Post-choice satisfaction Identity salience;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jobhdp:v:111:y:2010:i:1:p:48-61. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/obhdp .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.