Nonparametric estimation of distributions with given marginals via Bernstein-Kantorovich polynomials: L1 and pointwise convergence theory
The copula density is estimated using Bernstein-Kantorovich polynomials. The estimator is the usual one based on the smoothed histogram. Strong consistency is obtained in L1 and pointwise almost everywhere, allowing for dependent data. For L1 convergence, no condition is imposed on the copula density, while for pointwise convergence, the condition imposed on the true copula density appears to be minimal.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 98 (2007)
Issue (Month): 7 (August)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/622892/description#description|
|Order Information:|| Postal: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/supportfaq.cws_home/regional|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Axel Tenbusch, 1994. "Two-dimensional Bernstein polynomial density estimators," Metrika: International Journal for Theoretical and Applied Statistics, Springer, vol. 41(1), pages 233-253, December.
- Bouezmarni, Taoufik & Scaillet, Olivier, 2005. "Consistency Of Asymmetric Kernel Density Estimators And Smoothed Histograms With Application To Income Data," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 21(02), pages 390-412, April.
- Doukhan, Paul & Louhichi, Sana, 1999. "A new weak dependence condition and applications to moment inequalities," Stochastic Processes and their Applications, Elsevier, vol. 84(2), pages 313-342, December.
- Sancetta, Alessio & Satchell, Stephen, 2004. "The Bernstein Copula And Its Applications To Modeling And Approximations Of Multivariate Distributions," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 20(03), pages 535-562, June.
- W. Gawronski & U. Stadtmüller, 1981. "Smoothing histograms by means of lattice-and continuous distributions," Metrika: International Journal for Theoretical and Applied Statistics, Springer, vol. 28(1), pages 155-164, December.
- Rüschendorf, Ludger & de Valk, Vincent, 1993. "On regression representations of stochastic processes," Stochastic Processes and their Applications, Elsevier, vol. 46(2), pages 183-198, June.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jmvana:v:98:y:2007:i:7:p:1376-1390. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.