Smoothed jackknife empirical likelihood method for ROC curve
In this paper we propose a smoothed jackknife empirical likelihood method to construct confidence intervals for the receiver operating characteristic (ROC) curve. By applying the standard empirical likelihood method for a mean to the jackknife sample, the empirical likelihood ratio statistic can be calculated by simply solving a single equation. Therefore, this procedure is easy to implement. Wilks' theorem for the empirical likelihood ratio statistic is proved and a simulation study is conducted to compare the performance of the proposed method with other methods.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 101 (2010)
Issue (Month): 6 (July)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/622892/description#description|
|Order Information:|| Postal: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/supportfaq.cws_home/regional|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Peter G. Hall & Rob J. Hyndman & Yanan Fan, 2003. "Non Parametric Confidence Intervals for Receiver Operating Characteristic Curves," Monash Econometrics and Business Statistics Working Papers 12/03, Monash University, Department of Econometrics and Business Statistics.
- Yong Zhou & Hua Liang, 2005. "Empirical-likelihood-based semiparametric inference for the treatment effect in the two-sample problem with censoring," Biometrika, Biometrika Trust, vol. 92(2), pages 271-282, June.
- Zhao, Yichuan & Chen, Feiming, 2008. "Empirical likelihood inference for censored median regression model via nonparametric kernel estimation," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 99(2), pages 215-231, February.
- Nordman, Dan Nordman & Sibbertsen, Philipp & Lahiri, Soumendra N., 2005.
"Empirical likelihood confidence intervals for the mean of a long-range dependent process,"
Hannover Economic Papers (HEP)
dp-327, Leibniz Universität Hannover, Wirtschaftswissenschaftliche Fakultät.
- Daniel J. Nordman & Philipp Sibbertsen & Soumendra N. Lahiri, 2007. "Empirical likelihood confidence intervals for the mean of a long-range dependent process," Journal of Time Series Analysis, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 28(4), pages 576-599, 07.
- Lloyd, Chris J. & Yong, Zhou, 1999. "Kernel estimators of the ROC curve are better than empirical," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 44(3), pages 221-228, September.
- Xue, Liugen & Zhu, Lixing, 2007. "Empirical Likelihood for a Varying Coefficient Model With Longitudinal Data," Journal of the American Statistical Association, American Statistical Association, vol. 102, pages 642-654, June.
- Otsu, Taisuke, 2006. "Generalized Empirical Likelihood Inference For Nonlinear And Time Series Models Under Weak Identification," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 22(03), pages 513-527, June.
- Jing, Bing-Yi & Yuan, Junqing & Zhou, Wang, 2009. "Jackknife Empirical Likelihood," Journal of the American Statistical Association, American Statistical Association, vol. 104(487), pages 1224-1232.
- Chen, Jian & Peng, Liang & Zhao, Yichuan, 2009. "Empirical likelihood based confidence intervals for copulas," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 100(1), pages 137-151, January.
- Guggenberger, Patrik & Smith, Richard J., 2008.
"Generalized empirical likelihood tests in time series models with potential identification failure,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 142(1), pages 134-161, January.
- Patrik Guggenberger & Richard Smith, 2005. "Generalized empirical likelihood tests in time series models with potential identification failure," CeMMAP working papers CWP01/05, Centre for Microdata Methods and Practice, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
- Yichuan Zhao & Song Yang, 2008. "Empirical likelihood inference for censored median regression with weighted empirical hazard functions," Annals of the Institute of Statistical Mathematics, Springer;The Institute of Statistical Mathematics, vol. 60(2), pages 441-457, June.
- Peter Hall, 2004. "Nonparametric confidence intervals for receiver operating characteristic curves," Biometrika, Biometrika Trust, vol. 91(3), pages 743-750, September.
- Junshan Shen & Shuyuan He, 2007. "Empirical likelihood for the difference of quantiles under censorship," Statistical Papers, Springer, vol. 48(3), pages 437-457, September.
- Chan, Ngai Hang & Ling, Shiqing, 2006. "Empirical Likelihood For Garch Models," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 22(03), pages 403-428, June.
- Chen, Song Xi & Gao, Jiti, 2007. "An adaptive empirical likelihood test for parametric time series regression models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 141(2), pages 950-972, December.
- Liu, Yukun & Zou, Changliang & Zhang, Runchu, 2008. "Empirical likelihood for the two-sample mean problem," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 78(5), pages 548-556, April.
- Elisa M. Molanes Lopez & Ingrid Van Keilegom & Noël Veraverbeke, 2009. "Empirical Likelihood for Non-Smooth Criterion Functions," Scandinavian Journal of Statistics, Danish Society for Theoretical Statistics;Finnish Statistical Society;Norwegian Statistical Association;Swedish Statistical Association, vol. 36(3), pages 413-432.
- Xue, Liu-Gen & Zhu, Lixing, 2006. "Empirical likelihood for single-index models," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 97(6), pages 1295-1312, July.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jmvana:v:101:y:2010:i:6:p:1520-1531. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Shamier, Wendy)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.