Smoothed jackknife empirical likelihood method for ROC curve
In this paper we propose a smoothed jackknife empirical likelihood method to construct confidence intervals for the receiver operating characteristic (ROC) curve. By applying the standard empirical likelihood method for a mean to the jackknife sample, the empirical likelihood ratio statistic can be calculated by simply solving a single equation. Therefore, this procedure is easy to implement. Wilks' theorem for the empirical likelihood ratio statistic is proved and a simulation study is conducted to compare the performance of the proposed method with other methods.
Volume (Year): 101 (2010)
Issue (Month): 6 (July)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/622892/description#description|
|Order Information:|| Postal: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/supportfaq.cws_home/regional|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Peter G. Hall & Rob J. Hyndman & Yanan Fan, 2003. "Non Parametric Confidence Intervals for Receiver Operating Characteristic Curves," Monash Econometrics and Business Statistics Working Papers 12/03, Monash University, Department of Econometrics and Business Statistics.
- Otsu, Taisuke, 2006. "Generalized Empirical Likelihood Inference For Nonlinear And Time Series Models Under Weak Identification," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 22(03), pages 513-527, June.
- Jing, Bing-Yi & Yuan, Junqing & Zhou, Wang, 2009. "Jackknife Empirical Likelihood," Journal of the American Statistical Association, American Statistical Association, vol. 104(487), pages 1224-1232.
- Daniel J. Nordman & Philipp Sibbertsen & Soumendra N. Lahiri, 2007.
"Empirical likelihood confidence intervals for the mean of a long-range dependent process,"
Journal of Time Series Analysis,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 28(4), pages 576-599, 07.
- Nordman, Dan Nordman & Sibbertsen, Philipp & Lahiri, Soumendra N., 2005. "Empirical likelihood confidence intervals for the mean of a long-range dependent process," Hannover Economic Papers (HEP) dp-327, Leibniz Universität Hannover, Wirtschaftswissenschaftliche Fakultät.
- Elisa M. Molanes Lopez & Ingrid Van Keilegom & Noël Veraverbeke, 2009. "Empirical Likelihood for Non-Smooth Criterion Functions," Scandinavian Journal of Statistics, Danish Society for Theoretical Statistics;Finnish Statistical Society;Norwegian Statistical Association;Swedish Statistical Association, vol. 36(3), pages 413-432.
- Chen, Song Xi & Gao, Jiti, 2007. "An adaptive empirical likelihood test for parametric time series regression models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 141(2), pages 950-972, December.
- Liu, Yukun & Zou, Changliang & Zhang, Runchu, 2008. "Empirical likelihood for the two-sample mean problem," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 78(5), pages 548-556, April.
- Chen, Jian & Peng, Liang & Zhao, Yichuan, 2009. "Empirical likelihood based confidence intervals for copulas," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 100(1), pages 137-151, January.
- Yichuan Zhao & Song Yang, 2008. "Empirical likelihood inference for censored median regression with weighted empirical hazard functions," Annals of the Institute of Statistical Mathematics, Springer;The Institute of Statistical Mathematics, vol. 60(2), pages 441-457, June.
- Peter Hall, 2004. "Nonparametric confidence intervals for receiver operating characteristic curves," Biometrika, Biometrika Trust, vol. 91(3), pages 743-750, September.
- Xue, Liugen & Zhu, Lixing, 2007. "Empirical Likelihood for a Varying Coefficient Model With Longitudinal Data," Journal of the American Statistical Association, American Statistical Association, vol. 102, pages 642-654, June.
- Guggenberger, Patrik & Smith, Richard J., 2008. "Generalized empirical likelihood tests in time series models with potential identification failure," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 142(1), pages 134-161, January.
- Patrik Buggenberger & Richard Smith, 2005. "Generalized empirical likelihood tests in time series models with potential identification failure," CeMMAP working papers CWP01/05, Centre for Microdata Methods and Practice, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
- Xue, Liu-Gen & Zhu, Lixing, 2006. "Empirical likelihood for single-index models," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 97(6), pages 1295-1312, July.
- Lloyd, Chris J. & Yong, Zhou, 1999. "Kernel estimators of the ROC curve are better than empirical," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 44(3), pages 221-228, September.
- Yong Zhou & Hua Liang, 2005. "Empirical-likelihood-based semiparametric inference for the treatment effect in the two-sample problem with censoring," Biometrika, Biometrika Trust, vol. 92(2), pages 271-282, June.
- Junshan Shen & Shuyuan He, 2007. "Empirical likelihood for the difference of quantiles under censorship," Statistical Papers, Springer, vol. 48(3), pages 437-457, September.
- Chan, Ngai Hang & Ling, Shiqing, 2006. "Empirical Likelihood For Garch Models," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 22(03), pages 403-428, June.
- Zhao, Yichuan & Chen, Feiming, 2008. "Empirical likelihood inference for censored median regression model via nonparametric kernel estimation," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 99(2), pages 215-231, February. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jmvana:v:101:y:2010:i:6:p:1520-1531. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.