Smoothed jackknife empirical likelihood method for ROC curve
In this paper we propose a smoothed jackknife empirical likelihood method to construct confidence intervals for the receiver operating characteristic (ROC) curve. By applying the standard empirical likelihood method for a mean to the jackknife sample, the empirical likelihood ratio statistic can be calculated by simply solving a single equation. Therefore, this procedure is easy to implement. Wilks' theorem for the empirical likelihood ratio statistic is proved and a simulation study is conducted to compare the performance of the proposed method with other methods.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 101 (2010)
Issue (Month): 6 (July)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/622892/description#description|
|Order Information:|| Postal: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/supportfaq.cws_home/regional|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Lloyd, Chris J. & Yong, Zhou, 1999. "Kernel estimators of the ROC curve are better than empirical," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 44(3), pages 221-228, September.
- Yichuan Zhao & Song Yang, 2008. "Empirical likelihood inference for censored median regression with weighted empirical hazard functions," Annals of the Institute of Statistical Mathematics, Springer;The Institute of Statistical Mathematics, vol. 60(2), pages 441-457, June.
- Chen, Song Xi & Gao, Jiti, 2007. "An adaptive empirical likelihood test for parametric time series regression models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 141(2), pages 950-972, December.
- Daniel J. Nordman & Philipp Sibbertsen & Soumendra N. Lahiri, 2007.
"Empirical likelihood confidence intervals for the mean of a long-range dependent process,"
Journal of Time Series Analysis,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 28(4), pages 576-599, 07.
- Nordman, Dan Nordman & Sibbertsen, Philipp & Lahiri, Soumendra N., 2005. "Empirical likelihood confidence intervals for the mean of a long-range dependent process," Hannover Economic Papers (HEP) dp-327, Leibniz Universität Hannover, Wirtschaftswissenschaftliche Fakultät.
- Patrik Guggenberger & Richard Smith, 2005.
"Generalized empirical likelihood tests in time series models with potential identification failure,"
CeMMAP working papers
CWP01/05, Centre for Microdata Methods and Practice, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
- Guggenberger, Patrik & Smith, Richard J., 2008. "Generalized empirical likelihood tests in time series models with potential identification failure," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 142(1), pages 134-161, January.
- Liu, Yukun & Zou, Changliang & Zhang, Runchu, 2008. "Empirical likelihood for the two-sample mean problem," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 78(5), pages 548-556, April.
- Yong Zhou & Hua Liang, 2005. "Empirical-likelihood-based semiparametric inference for the treatment effect in the two-sample problem with censoring," Biometrika, Biometrika Trust, vol. 92(2), pages 271-282, June.
- Elisa M. Molanes Lopez & Ingrid Van Keilegom & Noël Veraverbeke, 2009. "Empirical Likelihood for Non-Smooth Criterion Functions," Scandinavian Journal of Statistics, Danish Society for Theoretical Statistics;Finnish Statistical Society;Norwegian Statistical Association;Swedish Statistical Association, vol. 36(3), pages 413-432.
- Chan, Ngai Hang & Ling, Shiqing, 2006. "Empirical Likelihood For Garch Models," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 22(03), pages 403-428, June.
- Zhao, Yichuan & Chen, Feiming, 2008. "Empirical likelihood inference for censored median regression model via nonparametric kernel estimation," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 99(2), pages 215-231, February.
- Jing, Bing-Yi & Yuan, Junqing & Zhou, Wang, 2009. "Jackknife Empirical Likelihood," Journal of the American Statistical Association, American Statistical Association, vol. 104(487), pages 1224-1232.
- Xue, Liugen & Zhu, Lixing, 2007. "Empirical Likelihood for a Varying Coefficient Model With Longitudinal Data," Journal of the American Statistical Association, American Statistical Association, vol. 102, pages 642-654, June.
- Otsu, Taisuke, 2006. "Generalized Empirical Likelihood Inference For Nonlinear And Time Series Models Under Weak Identification," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 22(03), pages 513-527, June.
- Junshan Shen & Shuyuan He, 2007. "Empirical likelihood for the difference of quantiles under censorship," Statistical Papers, Springer, vol. 48(3), pages 437-457, September.
- Peter Hall, 2004. "Nonparametric confidence intervals for receiver operating characteristic curves," Biometrika, Biometrika Trust, vol. 91(3), pages 743-750, September.
- Peter G. Hall & Rob J. Hyndman & Yanan Fan, 2003. "Non Parametric Confidence Intervals for Receiver Operating Characteristic Curves," Monash Econometrics and Business Statistics Working Papers 12/03, Monash University, Department of Econometrics and Business Statistics.
- Xue, Liu-Gen & Zhu, Lixing, 2006. "Empirical likelihood for single-index models," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 97(6), pages 1295-1312, July.
- Chen, Jian & Peng, Liang & Zhao, Yichuan, 2009. "Empirical likelihood based confidence intervals for copulas," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 100(1), pages 137-151, January.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jmvana:v:101:y:2010:i:6:p:1520-1531. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Shamier, Wendy)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.