Kernel estimators of the ROC curve are better than empirical
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Donald Dorfman & Edward Alf, 1968. "Maximum likelihood estimation of parameters of signal detection theory—A direct solution," Psychometrika, Springer;The Psychometric Society, vol. 33(1), pages 117-124, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Hall, Peter G. & Hyndman, Rob J., 2003. "Improved methods for bandwidth selection when estimating ROC curves," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 64(2), pages 181-189, August.
- Yang, Hanfang & Zhao, Yichuan, 2013. "Smoothed jackknife empirical likelihood inference for the difference of ROC curves," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 115(C), pages 270-284.
- Gong, Yun & Peng, Liang & Qi, Yongcheng, 2010. "Smoothed jackknife empirical likelihood method for ROC curve," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 101(6), pages 1520-1531, July.
- Michał Pulit, 2016. "A new method of kernel-smoothing estimation of the ROC curve," Metrika: International Journal for Theoretical and Applied Statistics, Springer, vol. 79(5), pages 603-634, July.
- Yang, Hanfang & Zhao, Yichuan, 2012. "Smoothed empirical likelihood for ROC curves with censored data," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 109(C), pages 254-263.
- repec:spr:compst:v:33:y:2018:i:1:d:10.1007_s00180-017-0783-6 is not listed on IDEAS
- Rufibach Kaspar, 2012. "A Smooth ROC Curve Estimator Based on Log-Concave Density Estimates," The International Journal of Biostatistics, De Gruyter, vol. 8(1), pages 1-29, April.
- Gaëlle Chagny & Claire Lacour, 2015. "Optimal adaptive estimation of the relative density," TEST: An Official Journal of the Spanish Society of Statistics and Operations Research, Springer;Sociedad de Estadística e Investigación Operativa, vol. 24(3), pages 605-631, September.
- Kang, Le & Tian, Lili, 2013. "Estimation of the volume under the ROC surface with three ordinal diagnostic categories," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 62(C), pages 39-51.
- Yang, Hanfang & Zhao, Yichuan, 2015. "Smoothed jackknife empirical likelihood inference for ROC curves with missing data," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 140(C), pages 123-138.
- Yousef, Waleed A. & Kundu, Subrata & Wagner, Robert F., 2009. "Nonparametric estimation of the threshold at an operating point on the ROC curve," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 53(12), pages 4370-4383, October.
- Lloyd, Chris J., 2002. "Estimation of a convex ROC curve," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 59(1), pages 99-111, August.
- Funke, Benedikt & Palmes, Christian, 2017. "A note on estimating cumulative distribution functions by the use of convolution power kernels," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 121(C), pages 90-98.
- Peter Hall & Rob J. Hyndman, 2002. "An Improved Method for Bandwidth Selection when Estimating ROC Curves," Monash Econometrics and Business Statistics Working Papers 11/02, Monash University, Department of Econometrics and Business Statistics.
- Chen, Xiwei & Vexler, Albert & Markatou, Marianthi, 2015. "Empirical likelihood ratio confidence interval estimation of best linear combinations of biomarkers," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 82(C), pages 186-198.
More about this item
KeywordsRelative deficiency Empirical estimator Kernel estimator ROC curve;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:stapro:v:44:y:1999:i:3:p:221-228. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/622892/description#description .